Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 236 ]  [ Total: 241 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  08:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, lurkers, and guests from snow covered N.E.Indiana. A whopping 12" overnight. I know, it's nothing compared to Wisconsin or Michigan snowfalls,. but it's a big deal here.
The coffee urn has signaled READY with Caboose stove blend. Today's special is Blueberry pancakes and smokie links. Scrambled eggs on the side. All other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the line.

I finished up my servo control program for the turntable yesterday, now I'm sure the expected delivery won't show up today.

I also emptied the freezer yesterday and defrosted it. All the contents are outside in plastic tubs. It's 2 degrees outside, so no worry about defrosting anytime soon. So I'll be outside plowing snow this morning. It'll be nap time this afternoon I'm sure.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  08:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim. I guess you got in the back door of the lounge while I was shoveling out the front. Just rain here on the NH seacoast, as forecast. I plan to start a new Challenge project today, but I also have to do some organizing for the next Northeastern Region on-line event.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  08:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, a bit further inland from James, we got ice before it changed to rain. The roads feel like they're coatest with ice crystals, rather than a solid sheet, so that's A Good Thing. Temps here are warm, around 32. Wife has been getting updates from her relatives in Texas, where things are definitely worse.

Geology class today, but I should be able to get some more scenery work done and prime a small building, all of this going in the area under the stairs.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  08:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, James, Dave and the rest of the crew. It is 12 degrees and feeling like -2 here in S.E. Michigan where the snow is still coming down. We got about 2" early yesterday and then the sun came out. Around 6pm it started snowing again and still is. Should stop around noon and then I'll head out. With drifting is is hard to guess an amount, but certainly in the 7"-9" range.

Before heading out, I will putter around the modeling bench.

I have my on-line clinic with the Sunrise Trail Division at 8pm (EST) tonight. It will deal with railroads and the natural ice industry.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  08:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Tidewater Virginia is in the upper 50's with rain in the forecast.

I've been shortening my cassettes. It involves relaying some track and soldering alignment tubes. I hope to finish them today.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  09:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still snowing but lighter than the last 24 hours, 7 with a -9 feel to it. With the wind, like BRUCE, not sure the amount. Nothing like the Northland but plenty of work for the Green machine.

I have a Rx to retrieve later but no other plans.

Everyone have a good day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  09:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

Temperature is 40 heading up to 47. They say we are supposed to get rain but the radar says differently. The big bad ice storm for yesterday was a dud. We got nothing all day. It did rain a little overnight.

Both knee and bladder are doing better. I think the knee was being influenced somewhat by the weather which made it worse. The bladder has been better also. I had a minor flare up last night between 3 and 4 am. I am still trying to determine what set off my bladder for the weekend. I think it was something I ate on Thursday or Friday. Acidic and hot spices can set it off if I over do them. Tomatoes are a big problem since they are acidic, and I am allergic to them. I found out the hard way too many times they are hidden in sauces and broths.

I am shaking my head over the craziness on eBay whenever a Rapido NYO&W steam generator car comes up for bid? They are selling for almost twice the MSRP.

I thought I was going to get something done on the layout, but I did not. The plumber came to replace the faucet in our first-floor powder room. Of course, things did not go smoothly as our sink was some oddball and the holes were too small. He was able to get it installed but it took him three times longer than he expected.

I am hoping after I do a few chores around the house and make a run to the grocery store I can do some work on the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  09:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Temperature is 30F and falling here in northern West Virginia.

Maybe we will walk today if the trail is not icy. Iím going down to club to get modules ready to move. Weíre just about ready to have remnants of our layout hauled away.

Iím just about ready to ballast the last section of my layout. Iíve been checking out track for smooth running. One turnout was not reliable but I gbink I got it fixed.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  10:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin, itís still a cool place at +5f degrees and -8 wind chill plus the orb in the sky has been sighted. Wow, the sun on the WGFA is blinding. Feels great.

Thanks Jim for opening and the couple of Smokie links. Used to love those as a kid. 12Ē, as Terry would say....... naw never mind. Thatís a lot of white stuff anywhere. My vaccine shot scheduled today was cancelled yesterday. For the 2nd week in a row UW Health did not receive any of the 3000 allotted shots. I am scheduled now for 2/28/2021. Hopeful that will happen. I still have to head to the clinic for my six month Ultrasound and then my twice a year stop at Portilloís that is nearby. For Chicagoans and former livers from there Portilloís is one of the best of the Chicago style hot dog places, Chicago beef and chocolate cake places.

I fly out tonight heading to see 1st the son in Austin where he is still without electricity and then to San Francisco. Then tomorrow off to see Terry and my sister and brother in the 50th state of paradise. No trains are planned.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  11:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

. Then tomorrow off to see Terry and my sister and brother in the 50th state of paradise. No trains are planned.

I think they quit going there back when Amtrak started......

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  3:41:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny Karl! Maybe Elon Musk can bore a tunnel from SF to Hawaii.

Well I am home and not heading to Texas or the 50th state. The plane we were hitching a ride on is full with employees. After Terry comes back in March and gets her 1st shot we will see when we can go back.

Heading to the trainroom

TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/16/2021 :  6:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here ya go Tom! Paradise in the trainroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9XwdK8pFk

Jim

Take the red pill

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/17/2021 :  12:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim you are very kind. I feel so much better in this beautiful Wisconsin weather where is is +1f and -1 wind chill weather under Luke Towan beautiful palms trees.
If only it was so easy.

Have a great evening

TomO

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.97 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000