Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 208 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood
Page: of 41

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  11:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick thanx for the coffee. Makes for a long day when work has major suckage; hope today goes better for you. Hopefully the snow has gone for good; back into the 50 & 60's starting tomorrow.

Karl you're colder than we are; gotta love Canada!! Nice you got to have some nice home cooking with family.

Tom you're going to have quite the fleet of rolling stock when finished.

Jerry sounds like you're making some great progress on the Mill. Looking forward to more photos.

Kyle nice you stopped by; don't be a stranger. That's quite the reno project you've got going; hope all goes well.

To the rest of the Crew have a wonderful day.

A chilly 25 this morning with a high of 39 here in New York. Busy morning and lots to do. Next week I'll buy some brass tubing and see about making the pedestal grinder for JD's. Already have an idea for my next foray.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/02/2021 :  12:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Sorry to hear about work. Hope today is better.

Karl, bench time sounds good. Nice to have family meals together.

Tom, congrats on second shot. It is amazing how much it will free your mind of worry.

Jerry, can't wait to see the mill making money. Coincidence, My daughter worked at J&J research after college (chemical engineer). She worked in personal care products area, and road Rick's trains all the time.

Kyle, congratulations on your second shot. Post your photos of all that work, please.

Larry, can't wait to see your next foray!

IT was cold last night at 38F, but 71F forecast for later. Sunny and no rain.

Headed down to the shop to move wall hanging cabinets and lower cabinets. Things are moving right along.

Have fun,
mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  04:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 54.

Kyle, very nice to hear from you.
Lots of 1:1 work happening at your place and I wouldn't mind seeing pictures.

Jerry, the rear brake job isn't the problem, it's the passengers.

Tom, glad there aren't any issues with your shots.

Karl, sounds like a nice productive day.

Mike and Larry, thanks, yesterday was much better.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  08:45:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun here with some clouds and a bit Warmer and a forecast 65 or so today.

Some more bench time yesterday while the Doll was chasing her antique stuff and then helping her grand daughter with the cat that was sick and needed $urgery. Cat's doing well.

She has plans with her kids today, I may try to stay in the background or otherwise occupied.

I was able to ease my ammo shortage this week, am set for the first battle....the Doll's daughter texted about some at a local Sportsman's Warehouse, .556 and .40. She picked up the .40 for me and as they had a limit, I drove it and picked up a box of the other.

1:1 may call out my name today or tomorrow, too. HO stuff goes away when that comes about. I have a huge pile of yard waste to burn.

Everyone have a fine day, be well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 04/03/2021 08:51:13 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  08:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

A big day here we have a zoom Birthday Party early this afternoon for Diane's Aunt Marie who will be 100!!

Maybe some work on the Mill before that.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  10:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from sunny So. Central Wisconsin where the sun is bright and the temperature the app now says 70 for the high. My trip away fell apart yesterday but itís ok.

Rick, I have had no issues with the shot.

Mike you are correct. I feel so much freer and in 2 weeks will feel even better. The mask mandates in Wisconsin are being torn apart by a really unknowledgeable Wisconsin Supreme Court. Because of that decision on Thursday Wisconsin also lost $15 million in funding for food programs for folks that really need it.

Trains, I will hopefully work between the paper mill and grain complex.

Karl, being a new owner of a weapon, I am shocked by how much ammo I use at the range. I am getting better the more I practice and with Terry still in the 50th state I can practice without that look when I tell her where I am heading.

Jerry, happy birthday to Aunt Marie.

Larryc, with the massive expansion of the new layout over the old one I am trying to standardize. The old layout was not big enough to run my 4 unit trains but I did anyway for a couple years. Then decided no more unit trains and sold all 6 axle locomotives and the 4 unit trains of which 2 were oil, 1 was coal and the other was auto racks. All were 24 cars long with 2 locomotives on the front and 1 at the tail. They were run from staging to staging maybe 60í but over the diamonds replicating Junction City, Wisconsin. Now I have recently completed the purchases for my freelance railroad. 2-gp40-2wís, 2 Genset, 2-gp38-2wís. I have 52 pieces of rolling stock and those got the new wheels where needed. Now I have to decide which 6 axles I need and how many unit trains will I run. I need grain, auto, sand, oil and potash. I should have coal but I eliminated the Weston Power Plant. All those trains run at Junction City. The layout is freelance but based on the CN in Central Wisconsin.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/03/2021 :  10:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. I could write a book about the customers at Wegmans that I dealt with over the years and their antics; might even be a beat seller.

Mike sounds like your moving right along on the shop. Still trying to figure out what my next project will be.

Karl when you burn the brush make sure to break out the marshmallows; no sense of wasting a perfectly good fire.

Jerry anyone who can live that long is a wonderful thing. A friends Father turned 100 a month or so ago and looked to be in pretty good shape for his age.

Tom you have quite the Railroad Empire going on there. I've really never had the space, or the inclination, to make anything that large. I guess that's why i stick to the smaller stuff.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

A 36 this morning with a high of 50. Today is dedicated to Easter Dinner. Spiral Ham, mashed Taters, glazed Carrots, Rolls, various pickles, and Cherry Pie Alamode. Gotta fill up the Kids when they come later. No bench time today, although I did get the materials to start the grinder tomorrow.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  05:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 65.

Happy Easter everyone.

Larry, I'm sure you dealt with a lot of dumb questions and annoying customers.
The big difference on the RR is we have aggressive and violent passengers all too often.
Physical assaults on conductors is way up.

Tom, glad there's no issues with the shot and sorry your plans fell apart.

Jerry, a very Happy Birthday to Diane's Aunt Marie!

Karl, congrats on the ammo and hope all the 1:1 is done.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  07:26:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Not much to report here. Sharon comes home today, and I still have a few honey do's to finish before she arrives.

Cloudy and 75F is the forecast, no rain.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  08:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1:1 still in the procrastination column, breezy and cold air yesterdayís excuse. Started to go over to GRap to the NLHS and decided about 10 mi West as I grabbed a pop at McD I probably had what Iíd be looking for if I just looked, and Iíd rather have the Doll with me. Returned home and did indeed find the Tichy and Grandt Windows stash deep down in actually the first drawer I looked. Worked on that project a bit before the Doll and crew came back with a whole truck load of kayaks. Hmmm...they ordered pizzas and that shot the rest of the day.

Last eve we watched the Gonzaga-UCLA game, won by Zags at the buzzer of overtime by a almost half court 3 pointer. Quite a game, if youíre into college hoops. Usually weíve not followed anything but Sparty but they didnít do so great.

36 going to 70! itís hazy sun at the moment. That procrastination list is in danger.

Happy Easter all. Thoughts and prayers to all for health and happiness today and all days. Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition!

Be Well

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  09:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Easter,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Usually our customers were just dumb but not violent; although I can remember once taking a baseball bat to a guy trying to steal beer and cigs after he'd assaulted one of my guys in the middle of the night.

Mike better get those "honey do's" done quick.

Karl that sounds like a great game; although I'm surprised UCLA kept up with them. So if Gonzaga can get past Baylor then they'll be undefeated for the season which rarely happens. Liked your closing sentence!!

To the rest of the Crew enjoy your day with Family.

A sunny 36 with a high of 59. Dinner with the Kids was great, it was nice to see them. They are going to Joisey today for a Capitals hockey game...go Caps. Looks like it's me and Momma today for a relaxing Easter. I hear a pedestal grinder calling my name.

Enjoy your day. Be well.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  10:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from my part of Wisconsin where we should hit mid 70ís.

Rick, violence is up everywhere but it must be somewhat scary on the job. Be safe.

Larryc, in the past I didnít have room but after retirement I had plenty of room but no desire. I find I enjoy the building of the layout
the most enjoyable and while I really like seeing trains move itís getting there where most of the joy is for me. The last house
we built was designed as the last ď0neĒ. When my doctors suggested the pool I said no. Terry went ahead and had the contractor
add the pool and enlarged my man cave and itís now big. Building a shelf layout either with 64í of mainline or 160+ isnít to me
that involved. Yes, the main is longer between the Papermill and Grain facility but itís not complicated and itís still the slight
rolling landscape of North Central Wisconsin with plenty of trees.

Enjoy your Easter, I am heading to brunch with the daughter and family.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  10:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
And the birthday wishes for Diane's Aunt.

Were off to North Jersey to my nephew's for Easter dinner.

Time to get going but I hopr you all get to do what you want today!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  11:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Happy Easter Guys!

Philip

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  3:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon guys; and happy Easter. I sure hope everybody is well and having a wonderful Easter Sunday. Thanx for the JAVA Rick. Well here are a few shots of some of the work going on at our place...

Have a great rest of the day;
Kyle Creel
SUPT./G.M. BCRR

Download Attachment: kc.jpg
196.86†KB

Download Attachment: 013kc.jpg
172.3†KB

Download Attachment: 012kc.jpg
156.06†KB

Download Attachment: 016kc.jpg
193.92†KB

Download Attachment: 015.jpg
146.18†KB

Edited by - kyle creel on 04/04/2021 3:29:25 PM

Page: of 41 Previous Topic: Silver Plume Store - 10th Anninersary Build Topic Next Topic: Caz Coal & Wood  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000