Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 227 ]  [ Total: 230 ]  [ Newest Member: Stuart W ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO. Topic Next Topic: On30 annual
Page: of 25

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  06:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of s@#$ before 1pm, then a chance of snow and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then sleet likely after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime s*&^ and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Next three days will be pretty much the same.

Larry, have fun painting.

Philip, sleet and ice are in the forecast here most of this week.

Jerry, what's in your day planner today?

Tom, saw this picture you posted on FB and hope you don't mind me posting it here.

Karl, that's an excellent picture and I feel cold just looking at it.

Mike, interesting first concert experience.

Dinner and company last night was very good.

Aaaaaaand, it's Monday again.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  08:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew and Rick thanks for getting us moving. No problem and thank you for posting the picture. The locomotive is a Genesis GP40-2w by Athearn in CN colors. It is on the lead track for the pulp yard and woodchip yard at the Paper Mill. Everything seen here is part of the saved paper mill modules.

Crispy in Wisconsin at -15f wind chill. We have new whiteness on the ground with another 2Ē coming in over the next couple hours before it stops.

The granddaughter will be here around 2-7 this afternoon. Her little brother has a hockey game and no siblings are allowed and only the 2 parents can attend. While our gathering restrictions statewide have been lessened the rinks and organizations are making their own safety rules.

2 grain bins are painted, 2 to go and then the vents and ladders will be com0leted. The light in the tunnel is getting brighter.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  09:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be safe out there today could be slick on the way home!

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/28. Looks like flurries later than mostly sleet .

I might venture into the placing of belts on some of the pulleys.
I think I have all the other pieces in line right now.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  10:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good luck at work this week.

Karl, wow, terrific photo.

Tom, hope you enjoy your time with the grandkids.

Jerry, belts and pulleys will look terrific.

Larry, the steam hammer setup sounds terrific.

It sounds like a lot of diversity in concerns and a lot of fun.

It's cold on the Brazos at 21F headed to 31F later today. Single digits are forecast for next week. Yikes!

Hope to get to the shop again today. Still reorganizing.

Have fun and stay warm,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  10:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A bit warmer here today any 16 degrees and steady snow. Forecast here is for another day and a half of snow. No big hurry to get out and clear it off yet. Talking to Dan in the UP and theyíre getting a lot of snow up there.

Glad the photo was so well received, thnx for the comments. It was a nice change to get over to the beach. Larry, often times Lake MI does freeze 75% or so but not this year. As itís the middle of February I expect itíll pick up some ice cover this cold spell but not anywhere near what it can. The snow totals around West Michigan are running way behind average this year. That fine with me but some are quite stressed about it. Most of the small lakes are frozen and people who do such things have been ice fishing.

I feel for most everyone from the SW all thru the lower middle of the US for the higher ice storm forecast to be sweeping E and NE thru the US. Ice is the worst.

Laying low today, hoops later on tv. Donít forget your sweetheart tomorrow, Happy wife...yada yada.

TomO, nice layout. Used to see those GP40Ws on the GTW/CN all the time. Rare to see anymore.

Stay well all, be safe and warm. Time for me to jump off, the Doll is giving me the eye.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/13/2021 10:20:36 AM

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  10:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/Evening,

Rick careful on the roads sounds like your getting some nasty stuff. "Fun" is not how would describe painting but it has to be done. Thanks for the java.

Tom enjoy your time with your granddaughter. Man you guys are cold there, remind me never move to your state. That is a very nice looking layout, well done! I tried to find you on FB awhile back but had no luck; I'm glad Rick posted the photo.

Jerry hopefully you don't need to get out in that nasty stuff; I hate sleet and ice. Good luck with doing the belts; I'm going to be at that point soon myself.

Mike that's has to be quite unusual for you to get those kinds of temps. Reorganizing can be a good thing...gives you a chance to see what you have and what you no longer need. Thanks..the steam hammer addition should be an interesting build.

Karl our snow totals are low so far and that's fine with me. Except for around the shore line or in the bays I don't think Ontario freezes over much more than that. Sadly that's what gives all that d**n lake effect stuff. Careful you don't want to get the "stank eye" from the Mrs.

To the rest off the Crew have a great day!

Another single digit morning out there but I think it may warm up more than yesterday. Hopefully some bench time later while staying warm inside.

Enjoy your day. Stay safe, stay healthy, and keep warm.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  7:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening everyone

Well like predicted we have sleet right now. Good for the skaters!!

Logs on the fire it's nice in warm in here now.

The bar is well stocked so it's your choice. Think I'll have a nice Eagle Rare and sit by the fire for awhile.

If your around please join in.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2021 :  8:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the Eagle Rare here? Oh, there it is 1 finger in a tumbler no ice as itís cold enough in Wisconsin. -5f real degrees, -18 wind chill heading down to around -30 tonight.

More logs on the fire, yes! Jerry thanks for keeping the fire going. My computer controlled heat decided it was cold today and kicked it up to 74 from our normal 72. I moved it back and turned off the blowing leaf. I will talk to the HVAC guy on Monday as itís not supposed to override our commands.

Enjoy the evening, stay warm
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  06:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Patchy freezing fog before 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 38.
freezing fog????

Jerry and Tom, thanks for keeping the place warm and I've thrown on a few more logs to keep it that way.

Tom, I saw all the pics you posted yesterday.
Nice layout.
The picture I posted of your layout yesterday was already the a good size so if the others are the same you could post them here with no problem.

Larry, the worst part of painting for me is the prep.
Once the brush and roller are in hand it's not too bad.

Karl, college hoops I presume.

Mike, how's the re-organizing going?

Jerry, any belts on yet?

Freezing rain didn't start here till I got off from work.
Roads were still fine.
Today I think will be a little different.
Saw the dog slipping on the stairs when I let her out.
I'll take it slow going in today.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  08:52:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be careful out there it's slick.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/28. But overnight it was freezing rain everything is a skating rink here.
The car is totally encased in ice.

Dog did not like it at all!!

Didn't start the belts yet. Starting graining and staining wood for the roof.

Just put some more wood on the fire so it will be warm when the rest of the crew gets here.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  09:01:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from Wisconsin. The temperature is -9f degrees and the wind chill feel is at -27. Up from -19 and -35 at 4am per my weather channel app.

Rick, thanks for getting us going, be safe on the rails, especially the drive in.

Today here is definitely a stay in day. I havenít tried in a while to post from my IPadPro but I will try later. The grandkids and parents are coming for a swim and then an early lunch. I will be trying the new grill which is vented to the outside, so hamburgers for the adults and chicken strips for the kids. Terry makes a thin grilled potato thicker then a chip and they are great. I am going to try that and see how I do. The little guy at 7 has practice on the ice at 4 today. That is 3 practices this week and 2 games, too much IMO, hockey here is a serious thing.

Tuesday for my jab. Itís still on.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  10:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skipped hoops yesterday. 30 point butt kickin Iím glad I missed. Oh yes, Rick, only hoops I watch is college, pro clowns disgust me on so many levels. My college team is not good this year, Iíd have second thoughts to send a kid there any more, either. PC overload and draconian rules at the highest level.

Speaking of butt kicking, 42Ē of lake effect snow at the Northern command post yesterday. Glad to have missed it. Pics later possibly. Even the natives seem stunned.

Everyone be well. Weather extremes everywhere it seems. Huddle up, stay dry and warm

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/14/2021 12:06:42 PM

Yannis
Section Hand

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  11:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone and Rick thank you for the coffee. I haven't checked in the lounge recently so i hope everyone is doing fine given the circumstances (Covid and cold!)

Rick, the layout photo referring to Tom you re-posted is HO scale? Very nice work there!

All good here relatively speaking, into lockdown again (heh managed to get my PVA glue stocks back up as well as picking up some ballast), and going through a small cold spell with a bit of snow.

Working on the HO layout mostly, but i did manage to put the On30 gondola back on it's wheels and onto the tracks. It still needs a bit of work.

All the best to everyone.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  11:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Valentine's Day,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Careful on the roads! I'll probably spend one day prepping as there are a lot stuff on the walls that needs to come down. Then the usual prep work.

Jerry nice fire; warms the "old bones". Hopefully I'll be getting the belt on the drill press soon. It's all cut just needs paint and weathering.

Tom I certainly don't envy you and all that cold weather. I think that adults pushed the kids too much when it comes to sports. Enjoy the meal with your family.

Karl 42 inches of snow...WOW! Are you going to be up there during the winter months?

Yannis nice to hear from you. Glad you got resupplied before yet another lockdown. Good to hear the layout is coming along.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

It's actually warmed up some today and will be almost 30 later...I'll take it. Early grocery shopping this morning as we are supposed to get 8-12 inch of that white stuff between Monday and Tuesday and I'm staying inside. Not much else going on; maybe some bench time later.

Have a great day. Stay safe, keep warm, stay healthy, and don't slip on the ice.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/14/2021 :  12:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Karl 42 inches of snow...WOW! Are you going to be up there during the winter months?

Almost thought of going this weekend...glad we had commitment watching grandkids for the afternoon.

When last of our appliances show up we might, but that big snow might have our access road in rough shape.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Page: of 25 Previous Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO. Topic Next Topic: On30 annual  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000