Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 221 ]  [ Total: 223 ]  [ Newest Member: Stuart W ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO. Topic Next Topic: On30 annual
Page: of 25

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  11:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning/Evening,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Glad you enjoyed the SB; not to worry...sleep is overrated. Sounds like you may catching the tail end of the Northeaster that's hitting us tomorrow.

Mike 50 valentines....don't get your tongue stuck licking all those envelopes. That's a really nice gesture for your group to participate in.

Jerry, Brady certainly has had an impressive career but at 43 maybe it's time he step aside and retire; he can't need the money. Looking forward to a photo of the Mill.

Karl sorry to hear about the disposition of the loco; although the best way to get good at restoring is just to do it. Just my opinion. Hopefully you warm up soon!

Tom enjoy installing the lighting to your layout; it will add another dimension to the look.

A chilly 12 degrees this morning with a high of 23. At least it's not zero out. Went to Home Depot this morning for paint chips and a drop cloth. Promised the Mrs. that I would repaint the living room ceiling and walls...it's been 35 years....time for a freshening up. Also picked up a couple of small parts boxes cheap to organize all of my left over parts so I can see what I have and get rid of the boxes they came in. They are clear and stackable so they won't take up much area on the bench. Not much else going on...just trying to stay warm.

Have a great day guys. Be well, stay safe, and warm.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/08/2021 :  11:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning

Sorry for your loss Mike. Tough losing a friend.

Well bad weather is moving in. Suppose to be ice storms 3 times this week. I need to see if the generator will fire up....

Plugging along with the casting business building every ones layout but my own but satisfied and all is good! Been meaning to make more rock casting from my woodland scenic molds but time is rare.

My wife is 95 percent recovered from shoulder surgery and back to her ways!

Covid vaccines are scheduled. Waiting on our fearless state to move forward.

Have a great day!

Took a time out from the super bowl. Go Brady!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  03:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.Sunny, with a high near 29.

A chance of rain, s@#$, and freezing rain before 2pm, then a chance of rain between 2pm and 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New s^%$ accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Mike, my condolences on the loss of your friend.

Tom, nice to see you back to work on the layout.

Sounds like the extreme cold and s@#$ are keeping most inside.
Not a bad idea.
Stay safe and warm and play with trains.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  07:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Mike,

Sorry to hear you lost a close friend. I lost one about a month ago, and think of him often. You honor those by remembering them often and the times you spent with them.

Jim

Thanks Jim for you condolence. Indeed we do.
~mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  07:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pennman

Mike, sorry for the loss of your friend. My sincere condolences to you and his family.

Rich

\\\Rich, thanks for your condolence. ~mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  07:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Thank you for your condolence wish.

Larry, not to mention the taste of the envelope flaps

Philip, good news about your wife's shoulder!

Now I have a dilemma about On30. The person who got me interested in On30, and who I ran On30 trains was JoeB who just passed. He was the only person I knew who had O scale layouts or trains. I have cars kits, engines, structure kits, details and track. The layout is in design phase and not built. Should I continue in On30 or switch back to HO? Maybe I need more coffee because my brain is muddied.

I am curious, how many lounge members have scheduled or had COVID vaccines?

Winter is finally arriving this week. Today's high is only 38F with lows dipping into the teens. Percip, maybe tomorrow.

Today is lodge day, so I am off to work the paper.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be careful out there!

Mike I haven' scheduled for the vaccine yet. I'm waiting for J&J's one. I want to pick which one I want and I only want one shot!!

Eye Doc said the eyes are okay. But after the drops he used this time I couldn't see anything that small to model.
My regular Doc today then I'm done for 6 months thank God!

Weather same as Ricks today...

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  08:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. Temperature is -10f and the wind chill is the same -10. High today may get to +8 but the winds are back this afternoon.

The Moody Blues are on the stereo playing throughout the house. There will be no news in this place until Terry comes home on Friday. I have deleted from my IPad the 2 news sites I go to.

I drilled hundreds of holes in the layout framework yesterday and ran one buss for 3 volts, I think. 2 more lines to run. I was asked why don’t I run one buss and use buck boards to drop the voltage. A couple reasons, the wire is 14ga, it was free and I have thousands of feet in 6 colors. The other reason beside the time available is I looked at Buck boards online and I can get 8 for around $10 or get 1 for $12+. I am not afraid of electronics for the layout but I have no clue on voltage drop down devices. So, I am going with what I understand.

Mike, my shot was scheduled by the Health Care system we go to, UW Health and was done by computer for 2/16/2921. Terry’s is 2/14/2021 and is the reason she is coming home. They are scheduling by age only.

I have no clue which vaccine we are going to be jabbed with.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 02/09/2021 08:41:19 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  09:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a brief peek of color on the horizon as Dawn cracked, but we’re getting light snow again now. Temp is said to be 8 degrees.

Spent a couple hours laying track on the Howe truss bridge deck yesterday. I took a section of code 100 flex, stripped the ties off to fit the deck with about 4-5 inches of ties to extend off. I used gel type Loctite Super glue and a group of 3 point track gages to line the rails straight and placed the track in position. I then spiked the rails down with Micro Engineering spikes. I then took a piece of old C-83 flex and cut the “ties” off, trimmed the rail and made up a set of center guard rails. I spaced them too far toward the centerline to be accurate but gives the proper look. I also glue/tied them down. Next I’ll have to paint the whole mess. The old standby camo brown is out of my arsenal until spring. I suppose I can find a color in my Vallejo paints that I can airbrush. First off today I promised the Doll I’d hand curtain rods sometime today.

RE: Vax, nope. Not ready.

Deere dealer just left with my mower for routine service and the tractor to fix the discharge chute on the snowblower.

Charged up my other ipad and have forgotten the password. Been awhile since I’ve used it. Hope I can figure it out before the damn thing locks up on me.

Well, curtain rods have already been “reminded” about.

Later,y’all be safe.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/09/2021 2:01:48 PM

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/09/2021 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick thanks for the cup-o-joe. I like the way you think...stay inside where it's warm and play with trains....sounds like a plan. Have a good day on the rails. You can keep the freezing rain; I'll take snow over that anytime.

Mike I would opt for On30 if it were me. It's bigger if you want to detail stuff and perhaps it would be a nice remembrance of your friend besides having all the stuff already; but that's just me. As far as the Covid Shot is concerned.....never going to happen for reasons that I can not go into on this forum. Looks like our weather has caught up to you.

Jerry I'm right there with you about Doctors visits....the less the better. Can you see better today?

Tom good choice in music...I used to love the Moody Blues...opps I'm giving my age away. Good luck running you buss wires; you're way above my skill level.

Philip sounds like your casting business is moving right along. I try to support small businesses whenever I can. Nice to hear Gena is almost back to normal with her shoulder; I bet she's glad too.

It's 18 outside this morning with a high of 30 and of course it's been snowing all morning; but at least it's not freezing rain. The wife picked out her paint color for the living room so that will probably start next week. Also bought a 9x12 ft. canvas drop cloth to go over everything. Work is moving forward on the Shop; started on the overhead belt line yesterday. That may be a little tricky and definitely need to take my time.

Everyone enjoy your day. Stay warm, be safe, and stay healthy.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  04:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.Sunny, with a high near 29.

Partly sunny, with a high near 33

Philip, good news on the wife's shoulder.

Larry, yesterdays doom and gloom forecast missed us completely.

Karl, I say no to the vaccine too.

Tom, I'm also no very well versed with things electrical and stick to the KISS method.

Jerry, good news on the eyes and good luck with todays doc.

Mike, my vote is for On30.

TGIF
Grocery shopping after work and not much else after that.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  08:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Headed to Fort Worth this morning to have hearing aid repaired; otherwise, no much on the agenda.

The high is forecast for 38F with 30% change for precipitation. Guess we have some ice days ahead. Ugh!

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  08:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a beautiful start of a day in Wisconsin. It is -3 and the wind chill is the same. High hopefully hits the +12 the weather app is predicting, the winds now at 2mph though jump to 15 to 20 plus gusts up to 25.

Terry’s vaccine shot is pushed from 2/14 to 3/16/2021 as our healthcare system did not get enough shots for this week. Mine are still scheduled for 2/16. She will stay on Maui to avoid the Wisconsin weather.

The buss wiring is in and today’s project is hooking up the old computer power supply and test it.

Currently playing is Elton John and looking at the list maybe all morning. He is one of my favorites along with the Moody Blues, Boston, Madonna, Mendel, Michael, Katie Perry, Janet, Bach, Cher, Alabama, Dolly, and others. I hit the artist menu instead of continuing from yesterday. I also noticed yesterday when reviewing the artist menu on the IPod I have added no new songs since 2016, 2 years after retirement.

Mike, I’d say On30.

Rick, thanks for moving this day along.

Edited by - tloc on 02/10/2021 08:14:10 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  08:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/23. Later You guess because they can't!!

Doc visits went well I can stay on the forum for another year at least!!

Speaking of nothing was done from the bench.
It was grocery and errands so that we don't get caught up in the stampede today now that they mentioned the "S" word!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  08:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Usually place Simon and Garfunkel when modeling or much else.....Sounds of Silence. Just sort of always been a dullard when it comes to music. There was the rare occurance working midnights that I’d crank up some high energy rock and get on the exway and make a rocket blast from one end of the county and back. Over 300 miles one night to be able turn in the car for replacement at an even thousand on the clock.

Single digit cold, 7 a moment ago, and clouds at the present in MI. Subzero in the bunker on the Lake.

I got the Doll’s curtains up yesterday. More extra trips up and down than I’d like to admit to. I was then tasked with cleaning a large display case I have full of diecast Police, fire and EMS vehicles and other various items. I weeded out some things no longer of interest and have 3 empty shelves now.

May make a run at the barbershop today, they were closed Monday when I cogitated about it.

Everyone have a good day, safe and warm.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Page: of 25 Previous Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO. Topic Next Topic: On30 annual  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000