Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 210 ]  [ Total: 215 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Perfect Storm - Indiana style Topic Next Topic: 2021 So Many Choices, So Little Time” Challenge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  09:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from 17f heading to 20f N.E. Indiana. It's a 'dry cold'.The coffee urn has been READY for a while with Caboose stove blend. The special is a short stack of pancakes and Indiana whole hog sausage patties. Other bevs...Oatmeal pot at the end of the line.

I worked well into the early hours on my roundhouse challenge project. Basically ripping off the whole front. and replacing the hinges on the doors. The old hinges held up, but they were gaudy and unable to paint. so I got some new gray material (not the brain type) and made new hinges. It was just easier to build new doorways and replace them. I'm about 1/2 way done with that.

The new local hobby shop, while primarily a RC shop has a nice supply of general hobby items, that are well priced. I went to Hobby Lobby and Michael's looking for #2 X-Acto blades to do some heavier slicing and dicing. They carry Chinese made knockoffs for only #1 sized blades that are irregular #11's. Local guy had a complete array of X-Acto blades, cheaper than the Hobby Lobby knockoffs. But no 40% off coupons.

I'll continue on the roundhouse today. Still waiting on my packages in the Detroit USPS hub now sitting there for 7 days. Defund and Privatize the Postal Service!

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  09:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and later arrivals. The NH seacoast is sunny but a bit colder than yesterday. We'll be going out for a walk after a transcontinental video call ends.

Yesterday I worked on my boxcar till I ran out of crumbling decals to curse. I went all the way through my tobacco humidor full of decals, but nothing to rob the right size NYC oval herald from. I'll order another set from Tichy, even though the shipping will probably be as much as the decals. Then I glazed all the windows for the 32 Winter St. house. Today I'll add window treatments, touch up and get it on the layout.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  09:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Tidewater Virginia is going to make it into the 40's today. It's been 48 hours since our first Pfizer shot and Pat and I don't have any side effects. I've read it's more likely to happen after the second dose.

I've been working my CAD program pretty hard this morning. I'm drawing up doors and windows for Cricut to cut. I still have walls to work on - no end to the tasks facing me in the Challenge.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  10:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. It is 26 real feeling like 20f degrees. No sun is predicted but it does not seem as gloomy as it has been, the high should hit 29.

Terry and I watched the Badger Women’s hockey team on the BTN+ network as no fans allowed in their arena. Just their 5th game of the season. They had the last 6 games of 2020 cancelled and of course instead of starting in September the 1st games were Thanksgiving weekend. Good game.

Trains, never hit the room. The SIL and daughter will be here after 2 to move and install the slot track into my trainroom. I have all the brackets and horses ready and I will reattach the legs when they leave. I will hide/isolate in my office while they are here. The 7 year old grandson has his 1st hockey travel game of the season. They travel to Janesville to play today. This game was originally set to play in early November.

Spoke to my doctor yesterday. She says I am one of those who have the virus but no symptoms and I am the most dangerous kind of carrier. Said thanks to that. She said if I hadn’t needed a test to go to Hawaii I could be inflicting hundreds of others. Asked when this goes away, she didn’t know but did order me a couple prescriptions and I get to finally stop taking a couple drugs I don’t like. She also laughed and said these new drugs will help me reach my donut hole quicker, like June. Last year because of the Lymes I reached the donut hole In September.

Be safe, be well, be distance
Wear the mask
TomO

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim and crew. Quite a frosty morning here in upstate NY. Don't care what the weather will be since I'll be in the shop.

Just got back with the wife from a quick trip to the grocery store which is only five miles away.

Latest internet news on my speed problem. I did a modem reboot. Back at 4Mbits down load. So for some reason my modem was slowing things down. Still going with a new carrier that promises 200Mbits at just phone and internet. Even if I got 50Mbits I'd be a happy camper since it would be 10 times faster.

Plan on doing some clean up so when the tech comes to put in the new line he won't get hurt tripping over the junk....er I mean model railroad items scattered about the basememnt.

So stay warm and safe.

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Edited by - Bernd on 01/09/2021 10:16:14 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  10:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It was 19 degrees at wake-up and will reach the freezing point later today. The sun is actually shining here in S.E. Michigan.

I need to spend some time catching up on e-mails and then head to the modeling bench.

Have a great day!

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  11:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom0, better run your posts through the virus check before you SUBMIT REPLY til you’re clear.

We’ve the nicest bright sky here in middle of the mitten Michigan with a whopping 15 degrees. Was just at Walmart in Chartucky and picked up a couple 128 memory sticks and totally forgot to get a camera card. The calm cold air feels just fine in the sunlight today. Better than the 25-35 in the cloudless stuff we’ve had since back into last year.

Headed to the high security compound in da Yoop tomorrow. Kitchen appliances are in scheduled for delivery Monday morning. That will be nice. There’s been next to no snow up there to this point.

Everyone have a good day today. Safe and well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/09/2021 11:08:19 AM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  12:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Trains, never hit the room. The SIL and daughter will be here after 2 to move and install the slot track into my trainroom. I have all the brackets and horses ready and I will reattach the legs when they leave. I will hide/isolate in my office while they are here. The 7 year old grandson has his 1st hockey travel game of the season. They travel to Janesville to play today. This game was originally set to play in early November.

Spoke to my doctor yesterday. She says I am one of those who have the virus but no symptoms and I am the most dangerous kind of carrier. Said thanks to that. She said if I hadn’t needed a test to go to Hawaii I could be inflicting hundreds of others.

Thankfully she didn't call you Typhoid Tommy.
Looks like you'll have plenty of time to work on your challenge project. Wonder if the Lymes disease is contributing to the 'positive' test results.

Take the red pill

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  2:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a virus sweep before I posted, Karl, what came up? And again before this post. Both were negative.

Jim, I did ask that a couple tests ago, but in November when we went to Hawaii I had to pass the Covid test to land over there and I did. On the same drugs she stopped.
The video yesterday showed it’s a guessing game on her face when I asked if she now thought it might be the Lyme drugs.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  5:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
but in November when we went to Hawaii I had to pass the Covid test to land over there
or what?

quote:
The video yesterday showed it’s a guessing game on her face when I asked if she now thought it might be the Lyme drugs.
That statement is so full of truth

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/09/2021 5:16:12 PM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  5:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

quote:
but in November when we went to Hawaii I had to pass the Covid test to land over there
or what?

You have to be Covid negative with a certified test result to visit Hawaii

Tom

Previous Topic: Perfect Storm - Indiana style Topic Next Topic: 2021 So Many Choices, So Little Time” Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000