Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 183 ]  [ Total: 188 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Bretts Brewery staining question  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  07:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from 29f heading to 30f overcast N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn signaled READY with Getoffyerduff blend once again. The special is a short stack, sausage patties or bacon strips. Some fresh fruit has been left at the back door with a cryptic note. It reads "GGOYNYCP". What is your guess as to what that means?

I watched the Packers crush my Bears once again last night. First half was good, second half not so good. The Bears will be an easy practice game for the Saints next week. Purdue alum Brees will put them into hibernation for the winter.

Anyway, it was a good diversion for a few hours from the CAD screen. Back at that already for an hour this morning. The printer is busy out in the shop building another prototype.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  08:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Tidewater Virginia is going to be in the mid 40's without rain. I have no idea what "GGOYNYCP" means. I had a clerk that used to make up little acronyms. He had a great sense of humor. No telling what he was saying about me behind my back.

I spent a lot of time yesterday at my CAD screen. I had to quit watching the Steeler game after the first half. I plan to do some cutting today.

Have a good day,
George

Fly Army

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  08:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Puttered about on 2 of my 2021 challenges yesterday, clearing up some on the piles of paper in the office, read another book, watched too much football (just what is going on in Philly anyway), and burnt a bit of firewood to take the damp off.

Today is more of the same minus the fireplace and football.

Maybe some writing - got an article 1/2 done and sort of stalled out letting too many other things intrude.

Maybe some NMRA business, too.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  08:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew it's 35 and cloudy here in SE Ohio I have been watching train videos this morning trying to learn and get ideas??? I don't know what is wrong but I have to wait for over a minute for this forum to come up on my laptop also my phone and SIL had same problem on his laptop.it is annoying. Just started doing this a couple of weeks ago I have tried a few things to no avail. Today is train room work

Stay safe and well

Mark

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  08:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from frosty foggy damp miserably uncomfortable So. Central Wisconsin. Possible white fall at 5pm after the last 3 days of saying dry weather for the whole week from the weather guessers.

I wanted to, was looking forward to the Bears/Packers yesterday. Been a few years since I had that football feeling. Watched into the second quarter and woke up during the Washington/Eagles game, turned that off. Oh well I tried. Headed to the train room till 1am.

Mark, I have the same issue with my IPadPro. Itís been slow loading for at least a week.

Thanks Jim for opening.

My New exercise program starts today as does the switching to boring water for my diet Dr Peppers, a January commitment only.

Be safe, be well, be distance
Wear the mask
TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  09:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. The weather here should be the same for the next week. Temps in a narrow range from 25-33 degrees under cloudy skies.

We will be taking the Christmas tree down today. After that it will either be a trip to the grocery store or some time on my challenge project.

Have a great day!

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  09:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a speed test on my internet yesterday, a whopping 2.3. Usually a 10 is the best I can do, and usually 7-9 if lucky. Cell phone can get up to 100 in places.

Drove over to Augusta, MI again yesterday and measured most of the major dimensions of the little depot in the city park there. Got cold and missed, but can surmise, the long side overall number but did enough to fill in the blanks.

Watched W.C. Fields classic It's a Gift movie last night. Nice diversion from dusty trails and gun play. What are cumquats?

Everyone have a fine day. The short stack sounds just fine, Jim. No idea on the word game. Hope the fruit didn't freeze.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  10:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

33, headed for 35 and grey (who knew??) here in the northern mitten today. More eerie stillness out there today, but I did just hear a crow (singular), so maybe the world still exists.

Gotta agree with Jim that it's time to get going on your New Years's Challenge Project, but the challenge here will be inventory, so I need to mask up and go count things. Where's The Count when I need him?

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  10:50:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, I only have an issue with the forum not for any other site. I time it 1 minute to load the site. I have an Apple laptop.

Mark

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  11:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by potsy

Tom, I only have an issue with the forum not for any other site. I time it 1 minute to load the site. I have an Apple laptop.

Mark

Yes sir, I agree. This forum only. We are an Apple only household with no issues on any other website or forum.

TomO

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  12:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon (barely) from the high-30s and snowless NH seacoast. The sun has peeped through the overcast a few times but is just a glowing patch of sky right now. The inch or two of slush in the forecast has apparently gone elsewhere. Ski report is 'crunchy' since the holiday rain washed everything away.

Ok, Jim: Go Get Out Your New York Central Passenger! Alas, all I have is a converted troop sleeper baggage car, often seen in the '50s on the B&M carrying mail and express. I've been doing turn-of-the-season cleanup: I made more Venetian Blind texture and my first tries at Awning Canvas texture. Awnings were very popular in New England summers 60 years ago, and the color choices provided in a couple of kits don't look right to me.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  6:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sometimes the loading is slow, I'm retired! It is ok to wait a minute, it takes me that long to decide what kind of coffee to put on in the morning.

Sorry James, nice try but Pete nailed it verbatim. He wins the tab next Sunday morning at 'the Greeks'. Smarty pants!

Jim

Take the red pill

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  7:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm.... I would probably do that for you, Jim. IF I were awake when you roll out.... Make it brunch and we might have something workable.... It's wintah, and I was done with most of those hours when I got out of the Navy in 1976....

Happy New Year, All.

Pete
in Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  10:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, I canít see you having a tough time on a coffee decision.

The only reason I noticed the slow down on the loading is the progression line stops. Before that I logged in and it was instant. Flew across the top of the page. Itís something within my system and yes I have deleted cookies, restarted, started over, turned the computer off...

Have a good one
TomO

Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Bretts Brewery staining question  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.73 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000