Railroad Line Forums - Second EBT kit
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 187 ]  [ Total: 191 ]  [ Newest Member: bandit ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Second EBT kit
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bretts Brewery staining question Topic Next Topic: George Sellios back woods sawmill kit 140  

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  9:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just purchased my second EBT kit, East Broad Top HO/HOn3 Boiler House Laser Cut Craftsman Structure Kit. I already have the East Broad Top Machine Shop Laser Cut Craftsman Structure Kit HO/HOn3. These will be used on my second narrow gauge line. This will be the coal mining part of the layout.

https://www.nateslightironhobbies.com/store/broadtop-mountain-models/laser-kits/hohon3/east-broad-top-ho/hon3-boiler-house-laser-cut-craftsman-structure-kit-pre-order.html

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  08:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen pictures of these EBT kits (on Facebook), they look good. I'll be interested to hear how they work as kits.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  09:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bernd

I am unfamiliar with the EBT like of kits. Do you have any photos of your East Broad Top Machine Shop, and was it a pleasant build? The Machine Shop looks huge; what is the approx. footprint

John

John

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  09:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Whoa, it's a whopper. But one of the pictures is lame, Blue Tape holding the walls together!

Frank

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  09:29:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaynjay

Bernd

I am unfamiliar with the EBT like of kits. Do you have any photos of your East Broad Top Machine Shop, and was it a pleasant build? The Machine Shop looks huge; what is the approx. footprint

John

I became a member on the Facebook groups associated with the EBT and this guy, Nate's Light Iron Hobbies...Broad Top Mountain Models: A Division of Nate's Light Iron Hobbies, advertised that he was going to bring out a kit of the EBT shops. Since I discovered the EBT way back in the 1970's it's been my favorite narrow gauge. This year the EBT got sold to a group and they plan on restoring the whole line from Orbisonia to Mount Union. From what I gather the rails were never pulled, just paved over. The railroad property was never sold to entities along the railroad bed.

As far as the model is concerned, since I'm working on building a layout I haven't built the kit yet. I'll post a thread here when I finally do build it. I'm getting the kits now so later down the line I won't regret not getting them when they become collector items like FSM kits or SRMW kits.

Here's two links that will answer all your questions.

http://broadtopmountainmodels.com/east-broad-top-machine-shop.html

http://broadtopmountainmodels.com/east-broad-top-boiler-house.html

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Previous Topic: Bretts Brewery staining question Topic Next Topic: George Sellios back woods sawmill kit 140  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000