Railroad Line Forums - Building A 1888 Baldwin 2-6-0 in Z
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 207 ]  [ Newest Member: alcashj94 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Building A 1888 Baldwin 2-6-0 in Z
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Building A CNJ Camelback B-3a in Z scale. Topic Next Topic: ATLAS ALCO C 420 PAPER INSERT NEEDED  

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  1:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I started building my CNE power last year, but stoped to build the camelback. Since I posted the camelback, I wanted to post the 2-6-0 as well.

First up is #2, a Baldwin 2-6-0 built in 1888.

I started with a Marklin loco and cut, filed and chopped to get the correct proportions.

I then made some parts from aluminum, such as the cab roof and raised area of the boiler.

I have a lot of cast details that were made by London Bridge for Rogue Locomotive works for the masters my dad was creating. I have added those in the last picture.

The gas headlight in the last picture was created in Illustrator, exported to Solidworks, and then grown in a Formlabs machine at work.

I still have to create railings, piping, and the tender.

Scott

spyder62
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit spyder62's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looking great
rich

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
--John Adams

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  08:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Previous Topic: Building A CNJ Camelback B-3a in Z scale. Topic Next Topic: ATLAS ALCO C 420 PAPER INSERT NEEDED  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000