Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 226 ]  [ Total: 228 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 7

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2020 :  08:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, thanks for breakfast.

Packing for trip. Just four of us, so exposure should be limited.

Looks like weather will be nice in high sixties and no rain each day. Great hiking weather.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/21/2020 :  08:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
32 with a bright sky this morning. That warmer stuff that was promised hasn't developed. S&*^ hinted at for tomorrow.

I helped the Doll with trying to restore an old time store display, sent all about the countryside looking for small dimension quarter round, found some 3/8" at the Menards store I cringe at after striking out at the big specialty wood store, Mike would love that place, as well as Lowe's. Now to move on to fixing the thing.

I also spent some time rummaging thru my photo files and putting some on a thumb drive with the goal of a video slide show on our cottage project. Way too early to show anything...WAY.

Breakfast is ready, gotta run. Some overnight in the crock pot oat concoction called Spurtle on the label aka steel cut oats. Second time we've had it and it was good.

Later all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/21/2020 :  11:02:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gents,

It's a nice 45 degrees here in Central NY and that's about as warm as it's going to get today.

Rick thanks for the coffee. The haircut was a nice surprise and the arrival of the parts made me happy.

Jerry battens, battens, and more battens; are ya getting near the end yet? Enjoy your walk on the beach. Thanks for breakfast..yum, yum.

Mike have a safe and enjoyable vacation.

Karl so did you have to sell a kidney to buy the lumber? If you can make steel cut oats taste good then your a better man than I am. Have fun making your slide show.

Tom how's paradise treating you?

Philip sometimes just messing around with stuff is good for the soul.

Late yesterday afternoon I sat down with the parts for the steam engine comparing the parts with the directions and oops...looks like the steam chest is missing. I sent off an email to Crow River so we'll see what happens. Although I do have a plausible work around if need be. Must have been a fluke because all the other parts that I ordered seem to be complete. So some bench time latter to prep and paint some parts.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe as well as healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  07:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Areas of drizzle with a slight chance of light rain after 3pm.

Jerry, I guess I miss understood.
I thought you were done with the windows.

Larry, enjoy your bench time and I'm sure they'll send you the missing part.

Karl, hope the s@#! stays away.

Mike, enjoy your trip and hike.

Tom and Philip, hope all is well.

Day off today.
We're getting scanner iPhones at work and today I get mine with some training.
A paid day off and don't have to use one of my days.

A visit with Mom after training and then it's football, a cigar and an adult beverage or two.

Have a great day everyone.

Yannis
New Hire

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  08:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

New member here, from Greece, so I thought I should drop by and say hello to everyone from relatively cloudy northern Greece (circa 13C to 15C today if I am not mistaken).
I already posted in the new members arrivals thread, but since I am an HO scaler that recently started working in parallel in On30 (1870s) I thought it would be nice to post here as well :).

All the best
Yannis

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Have a nice day off.

Eggs anyway you want them sides of bacon & sausage. Home fries with English muffins and butter.

Yannis welcome to the lounge enjoy your time with us. And would love to see some ofyour work.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/47. Later 58.

Rick I'm done with the weathering and glazing I'm just putting them in as I go along.
Battens, battens is the word now.

Mike have a good trip.

Karl please no sn*w!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yannis, welcome to the Forums and the lounge.
Feel free to stop in every day for some coffee and chat.
If you can it would be nice to see some pictures of your work.

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:40:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gents,

Rick thanks for the coffee and enjoy your day off from work. Sounds like your work is going "high tech". The last few years that I worked they were getting into those phones to do their ordering; they actually worked pretty well.

Yannis welcome to the lounge. If you have any questions at all, please don't be afraid to ask. Theses are a great group of guys so I'm sure someone will know the answer. Hope to see you around here often as well as some of your work.

Jerry thanks for breakfast. Keep going on the battens; I'm sure the end result will be well worth it. Your patience is a lot better than mine.

Tom how's things.

Mike enjoy the vacation.

Philip what's happening.

Karl are you up North.

Since we're creeping towards December I guess the 34 degree mornings and 45 degree days are to be expected here in Central NY. Late yesterday morning I received back an email from Crow River and he's going to send me the missing part next week which was good news. Didn't realize that they actually make and package their own parts themselves. Cleaned up the parts a little yesterday and got about half of them painted. Hopefully will finish them up today.

Enjoy your day and be safe as well as healthy.

Edited by - Larryc on 11/22/2020 09:42:36 AM

Yannis
New Hire

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Rick, Larry and Trains1941 for the warm welcome!

More than happy to share photos of my work, however i only have photos of the HO scale 1969 era layout. The On30 (new) train currently is on duty beneath the Xmas tree and I haven't started working on the On30 layout yet. I have spent lots of time on trackplanning though for the On30 (where your advice would be much appreciated).

Can (or should) we upload the photos here in the forum using the "insert image", ie store photos locally?

Would you mind if i posted a sample photo of the HO work here in the lounge?

Coffee time here in Greece, (16.45hrs). So I am about to enjoy one more cup of espresso.

All the best
Yannis

Edited by - Yannis on 11/22/2020 09:48:53 AM

Dave D
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Dave D's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick!
Thanks for the coffee, I left a dozen apple fritters on the counter, 11 now.

Welcome Yannis, That's a special name up here in Wisconsin.

A lovely bright and frosty 27 here in Green Bay.
Projected hi of 45.

Make sure to put double pane glass and weatherproof those windows!

I'm working on some more detail bits for the Dog.

Safety railings this morning.

Enjoy your day everyone!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  10:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunday greetings from a wet and chilly lower MI, weíre right on the white/green/pink line on the weather map. Pretty much an opposite of the fine clear day we had yesterday. At the moment weíe on the snow side of the line. Not enough it appears to be in worry of having to call out the rotary extra. Just more wearing on the attitude.

No big plans for today...breakfast is still in progress.

Welcome to our little slice of the web, Yannis, we look forward to seeing you here often. Hardly a secret but some here aren't in On30, just like the company kept here.

Everyone have a good day! Be WELL and SAFE

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/22/2020 1:01:02 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  04:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers, mainly before 9am. Temperature falling to around 48 by 5pm.

Karl, hope any s!@# that landed melted.

Dave, nice to have you in the lounge.

Yannis, posting pictures directly to the forum is always preferred.
It's a ;little tricky at first but after the first one or two it becomes very easy.
If you have questions we're here to help.

Larry, those details look good.

Jerry, keep on battening.

Philip and Tom, how are you?

After a very nice day off it's back to the grind for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Yannis
New Hire

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  07:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Sunny here today! 14C max temp (around 57F).

Coffee time here while working.

Slightly OT given that I am a new member: I thought of trying to upload a photo of my HO scale work as a test but I need to figure out a few things first (I just see an option for adding photo but no option for uploading).
I do not seem to be able to see avatars while logged in (I can if i do not log-in). I seem to be able to see the avatars now...

All the best everyone
Yannis

Ok I think I figured this out... let me know if this works and apologies in advance for any mistakes.

Download Attachment: SPasadena_A.jpg
75.02†KB

Edited by - Yannis on 11/23/2020 07:35:21 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  08:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, 3:30am in Paradise. 67f degrees now heading to 76 with heavy clouds and strong winds. This will be (sorry Midwest) the worst over all weather day sine we arrived. I know itís tough but someone has to keep Hawaii a wealthy tourism state.

Yannis, welcome and that is a nice picture. Are you also a member at the MRH forums as there is a Yannis there.

Dave, where in Wisconsin are you located? Never mind, I see GB, the Packers choked yesterday and Badgers on Saturday. I am formerly prior to retirement in 2014 a Chicago kid who moved to Central Wisconsin in 1976, the Knowlton area between Point and Wausau. Currently living outside of Madison in Verona.

Rick, I am fine thank you. I am staying off line as much as possible. I miss my modeling and train forums are making the thirst greater. My SIL when they get back to Wisconsin today is going to ship me some stuff from my bench. I have 6 pairs of silos from Walthers to assemble. Heíll send me at least 3 boxes plus some tools.

Karl, I donít know why but I donít seem to be missing the Midwest weather. My white stuff blower is assembled and the SIL will handle whatever falls until we get home, just not sure when we are coming home.

Larryc, things are great. I tried to forward some pictures to Rick to post but everything I took is unshareable per the stupid camera and computers. Iíll get it figured out before we return, if we ...

Jerry, are you getting frustrated with your windows? I would be.

I am antsy because unlike my brother I donít want to golf everyday. Played yesterday and still shooting between 85 and 90. Not bad IMO since I hadnít played on a course in 3 summers. Miss my modeling, the trains and slot cars. Still holding the weight lost at 31#ís using the treadmill and a lots of walking on the course even though we have to use a cart. I do not miss the PT dominant therapist and the stair climbing. Karl, the Doll would have a heart attack with construction folks here on island time. My brother purchased this place in July. Needed a bigger garage and applied for permits in August, approved in September for building to start in October. The floor was poured in October and nothing since except, ďitís comingĒ.

Be good, wear the mask and wash your hands.
Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  10:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and chill in lower Michigan this morning. There was not enough snow here to really say it snowed at all, just some fat rain drops. S and R both in the next two day forecast, icons on the weather app. Didnít check the tv station app for a human report this am.

TomO that sounds familiar with the permit deal, took us all summer in Ď19 then after that got somewhere the, ďoh, you want to start THIS year?Ē Yada yada yada...(NOT a Seinfeld fan..but that does fit the situation). The world situation with total lockdown and and her and UP weather and a lack of anyone that would work..... Was well into the summer before things started. Now itís just supply delays, back orders and cost increases, now itís weather on a day to day...still think itís on target for Christmas. 2 calls from f-bomb Bob already this morning. Making haste slowly...

I spend half the day, ugly and wet outside, fiddling with the video program...someday maybe Iíll finger it out...at the end of the day I hit the X and ďDonít saveĒ . Thereís still sooo much more to learn. So much.

Not sure of todayís plans. Sounds like Ďnuther trip to da Yoop this weekend. Things we bought this summer weíve held on to here, sounds like itís about time for them. Hammeriní Dan is putting in the laminate flooring starting today, the kitchen cabinets are on site but waiting for the floor.

Everyone have a good day, Yannis, nice photo. Iíve always liked the Santa Fe paint scheme.

Be Well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/23/2020 10:03:36 AM

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.86 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000