Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 297 ]  [ Total: 299 ]  [ Newest Member: Katie360 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  08:08:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and lurkers from overcast and damp N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Torpedo blend today to put a little bang in your day. Haven't seen one of those in years. The special is a full stack and sausage patties. All other beverages at the end of the line.

It rained most of the day yesterday, and I took advantage of the cave time. I made dozens of 'grass clumps'. If you ever walk along railroad tracks, I'm sure you see patches of weeds spattered around. So, that's what I worked on.
Static grass patches to place in various areas on the scenery project. So many places arount turnouts, next to buildings, etc, where trying to grass in an area, create one heck of a mess. So, a 'grass clump' is what I'm using. They are very simple to make. I tried Elmer's glue on wax paper, stuck a pin in the glue for the ground connection, and it worked, sorta.

But, here's what really works....A teflon 'baking sheet' (looks like waxpaper) that the glue doesn't stick on. Instead of using a pin, I used an old license plate, and alligator clipped the ground wire to it, slipped it under the teflon sheet, and it worked great. The best part is that teflon baking sheet is large enough to keep the static grass from flying all over the place. Once the clumps dry, pop them off, roll up the teflon and pour the grass that didn't stick to the glue spots back into their container. A lot less messy, and cost effective as well.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  08:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice trick, Jim!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  08:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, fine breakfast from the new Teflon Don of Indiana....

Easy safe trip home from the Yoop yesterday, arriving late in the afternoon after stopping at, get this.....an antique store....the Doll's long dormant antique gene is reactivated, thanks to our guy Bob the builder telling her about a sale Friday in Manistique. the car rattled all the way home like an old house in a thunderstorm with a glass and wood display case she bought. Cool, probably, but rattly, oh well. She heard she'd sold something at "her" store so had a burning money pouch.

Rain stayed away yesterday but has us innundated with moisture today. Inside activity today for sure.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/02/2020 08:49:30 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  09:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We're spending the weekend at our son's house at Lake Anna. The weather's been hot and humid, but we can handle that here at the lake.

We're heading home this afternoon and keeping an eye on Isaias track. Hopefully it will only be a rain event

That's a great tip, Jim. I'll be trying that when I get to the scenery stage of my switching layout.

Have a good day.
George

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  09:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are some pictures that i didn't include in the first post.

I wonder if a ground clipped to a tooth filling and Elmer's glue applied to my bald spot would work as well....

Jim

Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  09:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. That rain that Jim had yesterday arrive here over night. We've had about a half inch so far with more on the way today and tomorrow.

I managed to mow the lawn yesterday afternoon, and with the rain, no outdoor work is on the agenda.

I'm not sure which of the several indoor pastimes will take precedence today.

Bruce

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2020 :  09:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the windy deck in Wisconsin. Another nice day as have the past 3 been exceptional. Maybe 80f degrees, great sun, no clouds but a much healthier wind. The promised rains should arrive around 8 tonight into tomorrow. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the great weather. The girls are thinking of checking out a Farmers Market, I am not! Have a great safe day.

TomO

Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000