Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 257 ]  [ Total: 261 ]  [ Newest Member: SandersReview ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread Topic Next Topic: Friday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  09:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from warm, humid, getting warmer N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Brakeline Check blend today. The special is a short stack of buckwheat pancakes and bacon. Iced tea for later. Looks like lunch will be outside off the grill.

I mowed about 3 acres yesterday and am 'feeling it' this morning. The mosquitoes are as active as ever. This 'outside stuff' isn't what it's cracked up to be!

Have a Super day!

Take the red pill

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  09:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I mowed about 3 acres yesterday and am 'feeling it' this morning.

Curiously, I did the same yesterday. Did the 1st mowing of the year at my home on Pa; wet grass higher than the hood of the mower.....and then it started raining......

Today is for R&R......and whatever else SWMBO'd has on my list of duties....

Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to,
while all the time we long to move the stars to pity.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  09:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. A beautiful day is here as the humidity has broken, it should remain below 50% the next few days. We are in phases of reopening in the State but I have no desire to eat at a restaurant. The kids day programs have been allowed to start this coming Monday but limit the kids to 10 per group. Have a good day.

TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  09:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. We have sunshine and a projected high temperature in the upper 70's today. Near perfect weather.

I have some NMRA work to do and I want to spend some time at the modeling bench, but the weather is too nice not to spend some time outdoors also.

As for restaurants, I think that we'd be comfortable having lunch at one with outdoor seating. Then again, unless we're traveling, we rarely eat at a restaurant.

Have a great day!

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/06/2020 :  10:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and a tad chilly here in the mitten. I also mowed ~3 acres yesterday with lots of in and out between my pines. By the time I was done the big Johnie Green was covered in pale yellow dust from some of the trees that were prolifically showering the area with clouds of the stuff. After a rough in with the big machine I dart in and out beneath the limbs of the multitude of maples, pines and crab apples, miserable things they are. I left the half acre way at the back, out of sight from the house and it was going on 85/6 by the time last year.

I have neighbors to my south, using the term loosely, more like people that live next door. They have every toy known to man, 2 motorcycles, two, if not 3 side by side units, every power tool you can imagine, dual wheel diesel GMC and a Cadillac SUV and power boat and trailer. He must have become "Mower Shamed" when I got the new JD 1023e last Christmas. As I was mowing around 1 yesterday I noticed the truck and trailer from the area Green Machine dealer. There it was a new JD 1025e, like mine but has more tinker toys, tilt wheel and digital dashboard, extra lights, too. Also a big 60" mowing deck like mine, a front scoop like mine and a 52" snow blower, like mine, but he took the lead, he had a grass catching attachment that fit on the 3 point rear hitch that could probably hold 2-3 cubic yards or more of clippings. Lol, he's back in the lead....next door 20 years and have never had a conversation, don't even know what her voice sounds like. Confronted him once about a 0300 burnout in front of my place and 50+ plus feet of black marks and he told me he came out here to get away from people and wanted it that way, hasn't done that again. Back when her kids lived with them, they both left as soon as they graduated school, their dad, the ex would have them every other weekend....drove a 15year old rust bucket...one Sunday just as he was due to bring them back they pulled out every toy they had and lined them up in front of their barn, a real show of gotcha to dad. Haven't seen the boy since school and the girl makes it twice a year, maybe. He's ahead, tho. Told the Doll I should short term lease a new F-350 crew cab just to see how long it takes him to trade in his Jimmy on something newer.

Family coming today around 2, that should be nice.

As Bruce mentioned, restaurants CAN open in the next fw days, but many will not be able, they're broke or have found out 3 people cooking take out can make more money than a 25% filled restaurant, the pizza place we got a go order from last night said he's not going to open up until October at the earliest. Lots of business real estate soon to be available.

Well, things to do, going to go easy, tho. Yesterday was wearing.

BE WELL and SAFE all. Go riot but plesae don't gripe about the gubbernator, speak your mind or think for yourself.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread Topic Next Topic: Friday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000