Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 199 ]  [ Total: 201 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/28/2020 :  08:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and 70 going to mid 80s today in MI. I managed to go out for some things for our return to the UP mid week and spend a bit of time mowing.

Our basement fellow texted that he was working on our place and send photos to prove it. Should have finished all but a tiny bit, to finish Monday.

The Doll has family coming today but isn't feeling well, a trooper she'll carry on...

NO big news otherwise. Roland, good to hear that you have a plan. Hope your modeling can ease worries I'm sure that remain.

Everyone have a fine day, we're enjoying the sun after such a dismal grey winter period. Report is we've had 3% of possible sun for June and the rest of the summer looks to be a touch warmer and sunny most of the time.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/28/2020 :  10:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the deck in the western suburbs of Chicago. Doing nothing but relaxing and since my sister prefers to work the grill so other then staying awake and watching the river Is a tough job. Everyone be safe.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/28/2020 :  10:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Eggs benedict on the counter. Get'em while they are hot.

93F forecast, overcast, and 20% chance for rain. Sand still in the air.

Heading to the dentist this morning for tooth extraction. A root broke in an old root canal. I do not like to go to dentist at all. Thare be dragons!

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/28/2020 :  11:21:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee. Mike for the breakfast.

A sunny 81 here in South Jersey.
Were off to the beach.

Did I mention I finished the 2nd Ore Feeder??

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/28/2020 :  12:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon,

Rick thanks for the cold soda; it hit the spot.

Mike I don't blame you Dentists aren't much fun; more of an evil necessity than anything else. Good luck with your visit.

Going to be a high in the low 80's today except the humidity is high.

Not much going on today; maybe some modeling later.

Everyone have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  08:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 89.

Mike, I'm with Larry and you, I don't like going to the dentist.
Hope it went well.

Jerry, picture?

Tom, just reading your post was relaxing.

Karl, to the see basement is progressing and hope the sun sticks around.

Cable for self propulsion on the mower broke couple of years ago.
Finally got a new cable and I'll put it on today.

Other than that probably not going to do much else.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  08:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening.

Have fun with the mower Rick...

Looks to be a beautiful day in South Jersey sunny/87.

Beach for sure.

Good luck with the tooth Mike!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  09:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and quite warm trending to HOT today in Michigan. 90s

As predicted son with the Jeep in my barn sent me a text with some photos of some place he was off to this weekend, I sent him a photo of the )(**&^ Jeep still in my way....

The Dollís girls came and they had a fine time here yesterday. The heat was abated by the a/c enough that I donned a long sleeve. Dinner went well as did their mirth and merriment.

Heading back North by Wednesday if all goes well. No outside work today, Iím sure. Iíd thought of one little project but thatís already put itself back on the shelf. Inside, maybe layout or modeling will happen in some manner.

Everyone have a good day, even if itís as hard as pulling teeth, sorry MIke....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 06/29/2020 09:02:24 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  09:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. I did something this morning, I took the recycling and garbage out to the street, maybe 60í from the garage. Also we got 2 miles in before the humid really strikes today. Should be home around 2. My sister wanted a boat ride yesterday, so we puttered along the River. It was so crowded not to be enjoyable, just over an hour out, that was enough. Have a great day.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  4:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. It was too hot for me today, but tomorrow...

Dentist really didn't go that bad. For the first time I let them put me out. It took five sticks to find a vein. . Recovery hasn't been too bad, either. I am still a little groggy though.

98F here today. Summer is upon us.

Thanks for the well wishes and humor.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/30/2020 :  07:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone

Coffee is on, water for the tea guys and cold sodas in the fridge.

We have omelettes anyway you want them sides of bacon, sausage, hash browns & English muffins with butter and assorted jams & jellies.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/61. Later 81.

It should be a perfect beach day. An cool enough tonight to work on the Mill.

Jerry

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/30/2020 :  08:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Jerry, thanks for coffee and breakfast Jerry.

It's getting warmer with another day at 98F. Humidity remains high which is not normal west of Fort Worth.

Taking Mom to the doctor this morning, then back home. My mouth is still tender, but ibuprofen is doing the trick.

Have fun,
mike

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/30/2020 :  08:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 84.

Jerry, thanks for the coffee and breakfast.

Mike, hope the mouth feels better real soon.

Karl, any modeling?

Tom, congrats on getting the trash out.

Eye doctor this morning.
Maybe a bike ride later.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/30/2020 :  08:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was a do nothing da, it got hot early so the Doll had the icebox setting early, I spent the day with a longsleeve t-shirt and a shirt over that.

Last evening we went to a nearby lake and visited friends and went out on their pontoon boat. Took a lap around the lake and then shut it down out in the middle and shot the bull for an hour or so, took another lap around and then headed back to shore where we sat on their back deck, more bs'n and headed home well after darkness set in good, had a nice hazy 1/2 moon in the sky. There is some light here until after 10.

Today, prepping for tomorrow's marathon return trip to da Yoop. Temps ranged to 87 yesterday and will go to the 90 over the weekend. It SHOULD run 5-10 cooler at our place up North. NO rain is forecast here, little up there, either.

Everyone have a fine day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/30/2020 :  10:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin where the decks have been in use this morning. Hot, humid, calm and noisy out here on the back deck. Garbage pick up is occurring at the apartments across the street. I think I will tell the apartment owner her garbage pickup is too early, but she has to wake up first. Neither of us had a good sleep last night so I am not disturbing her. Basically our 90degree weather pattern of low winds, high humidity and just pop up storms will re-quarentine us. She wonít go to the fitness center, the grocery store trips are out again and while Wisconsin; has mostly re-opened again, we will not test it.

I got all my test results from my lab adventures last week and the apppointment to see the Endocrinologist is July 7th. The surgeon yesterday in a tele-visited said we are done.

Karl, enjoy the trip.
Mike, that heat is one of the reasons we stayed in Wisconsin. But, my son says itís a rare day the humidity isnít high in Austin. He says something about the wind bringing off the Gulf.
Jerry, you are so lucky to have and enjoy the beach.
Rick, someone had to take out the garbage and recycling. Heck I even brought them in when they got empty, the collectors showed as I was packing the car.

Have a great day.
TomO

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000