Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 224 ]  [ Total: 227 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 06/23/2020 :  12:02:57 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning.

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Another hot 90 degree day. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler; hopefully I'll be able to stain the new front porch. Still waiting for a little rain to fall.

Not much going on today outside; too hot. The barn walls are almost done. May finish them up today and start painting the exterior parts.

Have a great day everyone and stay cool!

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 06/23/2020 :  8:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Tom, The guy uses nothing but 20 letter words. I spent 11 years in the military and 30 years in construction as a brick mason. All I know is 4 letter ones. Discovered today that I have a very bad infection in my arm from an IV. Now I am on antibiotics for that. Two of the drugs upset your stomach so are to be taken with food. I am on a liquid diet. No modeling today, just didn't feel up to it. Tomorrow I can start real food again which means outdoor breakfast with friends and cheeseburgers for supper. I can't wait. Hope all had a good day.

Good night, Roland

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/23/2020 :  8:33:50 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeless

Tom, The guy uses nothing but 20 letter words. I spent 11 years in the military and 30 years in construction as a brick mason. All I know is 4 letter ones. Discovered today that I have a very bad infection in my arm from an IV. Now I am on antibiotics for that. Two of the drugs upset your stomach so are to be taken with food. I am on a liquid diet. No modeling today, just didn't feel up to it. Tomorrow I can start real food again which means outdoor breakfast with friends and cheeseburgers for supper. I can't wait. Hope all had a good day.

Good night, Roland

I have had enough excellent communicators who were my doctors. I have no issues with big words but when I canít understand their English it pisses me off. Mumblers are the worst but I have learned enough to ask questions till I get an answer I understand. Sometimes I wonder if doctors really read our charts. I had a stroke caused they admitted by a mix of the wrong meds. I started solid foods a day early on Fathers Day because the grandkids said we were having burgers. Take it slow and best to you.

Tom

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/24/2020 :  07:55:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Cloudy now sunny later.

Roland, hope that infection clears up quickly.

TGIF

Since it hasn't rained in a while and don't need to mow the lawn I can get some other outdoor things done.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/24/2020 :  08:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Rick, thanks for moving this day forward. Cool here getting to low 70ís. Labs at 9:30 this morning and this will be a weekly event until we decide the next treatment in now 5 more weeks. Enjoy your day, stay safe.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/24/2020 :  09:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Is tomorrow Saturday?

Bright and cool on the Brazos with high forecast at 89F. Cold front sweeping though. Humidity 89%...yikes.

Hope to have fun in the wood shop today, but who knows what evil lurks about...

Have fun,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/24/2020 :  10:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather signals for another beach day. Near 90 later on!

Roland I sure hope your feeling better.

Mike today is Saturday! Tomorrow is also Saturday!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/24/2020 :  10:13:30 AM  Show Profile
All day rain chased us away from our place yesterday so we headed up to Copper Country and Calumet, Michigan once the capital of great mining riches. I had a beer at the 1890 Shuteís Bar with the most fabulous Tiffany glad back at and solid 30í mahogany bar. My phots donít do it justice. The fabulous buildings from fire station to opera house are built from beautiful brown cut stones.

Itís sunny today and the power company is working on our underground power lines. Thatís a culmination of months of planning. Our basement contractor has been dodging us and our builder. ďSoonĒ his last word.

The water levels are up with the rain. Weíre headed to town. The Doll got wet today going to the lake. Her boots leaked.

Hope all are well. Best to TomO and Roland.

Later

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2020 :  08:10:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 86.
They keep crying wolf with these t-storm predictions.

Karl, where are these photos?

Jerry, more sand between your toes today?

Mike, any evil lurk?

Tom, hope they figure it out soon and you're on the mend.

Same to Roland.

Bike ride then a trip to Moms.
Think the dog and I will do a hike at Sourland Mtns.
Definitely some music on the stereo tonight.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2020 :  09:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. It sounds like you have a fun Saturday in store.

Rick, indeed, evil lurked on several tasks, all failed. I'll try again today.

It's a bright day with 5% chance of rain. Hi still cool at 92F.

Officer installation at the lodge tonight. Masks, social distancing, small group all in effect. No food served either.

Have fun,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2020 :  09:36:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. What a cluster at the Lab yesterday. 5 vials of blood and when I asked about 1 test was told not ordered. Got home to the driveway and my doctorís nurse called saying they forgot to order that test. She then said she will order it. Called the lab for appointment 3 hours later. Went in, lab orders were dated for 9/23/2020. Called nurse while waiting at lab, she changed it. If it wasnít the cancer screen I wouldnít have minded but we know the nodules were cancerous and that test was supposed to be primary. Other then that a great day, the g/kids and family came over for dinner. Nice to have folks around our own dining table again. Karl, keep the Doll on that basement guy! Rick enjoy you dog. Jerry, must be a beach day if you arenít here, enjoy.
Mike, still hot in Texas I see, stay cool. Roland, I hope the real food restart went well. We are off to see the lawyer this morning.

Enjoy your day
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2020 :  12:15:03 AM  Show Profile
Evening late

A busy day with grandkids at the beach.
Then friends for dinner.

I'm ready for a nice Eagle Rare.

There's cold ones in the fridge, red wine on the bar and the back bar has the bourbons, Ryes & Scotches.

Just read armchair modeler by Craig. This guy is so wishy-washy it's a wonder people don't drink more!!

If your still up join me for a night cap otherwise I'll see you all in the morning!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2020 :  06:54:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.
Finally got a little rain but only for about 15 minutes.

Jerry, I was fast asleep when you posted.

Tom, your lab story is crazy but glad the rest of your day was great.

Mike, Sunday for me today.

Karl, Larry, Dave, Roland what are you guys up to?

Grocery shopping and meal prep today.
Some yard work later.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2020 :  08:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Tom, the good thing about the lab tedium is that it is over.

Huevos Rancheros with chorizo, refried beans, and green salsa for breakfast. Enjoy!

It is a beautiful day out with a forecast high of only 92F. Rain maybe this evening.

Hope to continue work on chore list. It never ends...

Have fun,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/26/2020 :  09:40:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from wet Wisconsin. Jerry, sorry I missed you last night, I decided not to breeze by last night as I usually do. The daughter and I took the grandson
for new ice skates and stick late afternoon yesterday. Seems he is growing like a weed at 6 years old. His hockey practices started Tuesday, and will continue Tuesday
and Thursdays. Thankfully the whole family loves the game. I keep reminding the daughter and SIL not to push him. The rink re-opened under the latest phases of
Covid19 last week and the way the rates are going will be closed again, maybe soon.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000