Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 220 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  07:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

They are once again today will be nothing but rain and thunderstorms.
Yesterday came and went with not a single drop of rain or thunderclap.

Jerry, sorry, that's not what I was reading.

Tom, I'm not adverse to working when I'm retired, but it definitely won't be full time.
But I don't think I'll to work even part time.

It's the start of another week of work.
Bike ride first and I don't know what else after.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  08:11:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun going to 90 again is today's forecast. We're going over to the daughter's place this afternoon to cookout. Hope her a/c is working. The other daughter had a terrible scare yesterday, leaving work she collided with a motorcycle she didn't see, a glancing blow and the rider was able to keep it upright and wasn't injured. Her car was damaged a fair bit on the LFront corner. Sooo lucky. She'd sure not need that.

quote:
TomO said Karl, when do you leave for the UP, it reads like you are tired of you area and weather right now.
Heading up Monday or Tuesday. The contractor's need the gentle reminders from the Doll, the great expediter. Her sugar beats my vinegar dealing with those folks. Tired of the political weather right now more than anything, incredulity at people...the total lack of insightful thought and discussion. I grumbled about the cold enough, I don't need to be hypocritical now that it is warm. Low 80s would beat the near 90 stuff, tho.

I worked on the layout some yesterday, the more I do, the more I dread what all I still have to do.

Nice to have the a/c off a bit this morning.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  08:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

IT was a rough night on the Brazos with thunderstorms all night. We needed the rain, but darn...

More rain today with high near 93F.

No plans.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  09:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/74.
Looks to be a nice beach day!!

Did work on number 2 feeder last night. A few more parts to glue together an its done.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  09:43:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from wet So. Central Wi. where the rain, not the predicted severe T-storms arrived around 5:30AM. On and off rain till Tuesday.

Rick, you know I was kidding about work but really your property values in that part of Austin are going higher. Good for those there but not good for those coming in.

Karl, I also find the vinegar approach to dealing with contractors rarely works. Terryís not quite sugar sexy approach seems to work. But, these guys we have building have been doing projects for us for around 10 years.

Jerry, enjoy the beach. Mike, send those storms to Tulsa, I want to read how that cluster fók can get any worse. Be safe.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  10:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, I know you were kidding.
I still have two years before retirement but in TX I've been looking further west.

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  8:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'M STILL HERE. As some of you know I have Crohns disease and over the past 40 years I have been in and out of hospitals over a dozen times. They have no idea what causes it and not a clue how to fix it. I had surgery last Mar and everything was great until Tues morning. When I got up I knew I was in trouble again and by afternoon in an ambulance headed for the hosp. Lucky the Dr said no surgery this time and after a couple of days of IV's I came home yesterday feeling tired but great. After each surgery I have been told there is a 90% chance it will come back.

Other than that I have been enjoying working on the layout. I was not able to post any pictures because the computer would not accept anything from the tablet or my 2 cameras. Today I got it to work again. Wish I knew what the hell I did to fix it. I will post the pictures so you can see I have been working pretty steady.

One of the few people in the world who enjoys being locked down. Roland

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  9:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all. Checking in. Roland do take care of yourself.

Rick, come on down to the sunny south when you retire.

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  9:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Larry I keep trying it just keeps coming back. As far as I know the Harrisburg train show has been moved to Sept and is still on. Are you planning on coming up again

As far as retirement goes for anybody I would recommend a retirement community. They are great places to live and you can have one of these.

I call it my workbench for someone who does not have to do any work.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/20/2020 :  9:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, My plan is to attend if this mess is any better by then.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2020 :  12:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland glad to hear your feeling better!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2020 :  08:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's!

Coffee is on and water for the tea guys. Cold soda in the fridge!
Home made waffles with butter and Vermont maple syrup. Sides of bacon & sausage.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/72. Later 83.

Going up to Diane's oldest son for the day later on.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2020 :  08:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Jerry, thanks for the coffee and breakfast.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads.

Jerry, have fun in Wayne today.

Roland, sorry to read about your medical issues but I'm glad you're back and feeling better.
Nice set up you've got there.

Larry, I haven't ruled any areas out yet.

Almost forgot, another day with dire warnings of severe rain, t-storms etc.
Same as the last two days but haven't seen any rain here yet.
Did see some very heavy rain as we went through the Metro Park station.

Bike ride and back to work today.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/21/2020 :  09:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and clouds playing weather tag today, heat and humids hanging around after yesterdayís observed 90. We had one short pop up while at the daughterís yesterday. We ate well, blood sugar shows it this morning. The Doll is off already with a cousin, daughter and grand gal to do some up keep on family civil war veteran graves. I have a sign to make. Fake license plate cut letters from Hobby Lobby to spell out the name S C R I B N E R nailed onto a rectangle of old barn wood.

The Dollís other daughter has also invited us to her place to eat today.

Trip planning to fit in there somewhere. Weather is said to be headed back to the upper 80s, maybe bump 90. Our humidity hasnít been too bad.

Everyone have a good safe day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/21/2020 :  09:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Dadís day to all. High today should be 84f degrees. Burgers at the daughterís later and I turned the ringer on my cell phone for the sonís call.
I was working at a temporary table yesterday building the electrical sub station for the Paper Mill. It felt good. We totally missed the severe T-storms
predicted for yesterday and now they seem to be missing from todayís forecast. Have a great day.

TomO

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000