Railroad Line Forums - PSX-1 Circuit breakers and signalling
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 110 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: johnbell238@aol.com ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 DCC, Computers and Electronics for Model Railroads
 PSX-1 Circuit breakers and signalling
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Taps on power bus? Topic Next Topic: Help with WOW Sound for Atlas S2s  

Rick F.
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/23/2020 :  8:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone here using PSX-1's with a signal system? I have been told that one of these PSX-1's can power more that one signalled block? There was a need to break up my blocks into smaller sections, so naturally, I'm thinking that I need another PSX-1 for every new block. I was told that is not necessary. Can someone point me in the right direction on this subject? Thanks.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/24/2020 :  07:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am. My 5 PSX-1s are divided up one per control panel. All but one supply multiple signaled blocks. My block occupancy detectors are physically either quad Olin's Depot units at the panels, or single DCODs at locations close to the blocks they control. The PSX feeds the panel, the detectors are in the feeds from the panel toggles to the track. This has worked well for almost 5 years. Details here:

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45342

Previous Topic: Taps on power bus? Topic Next Topic: Help with WOW Sound for Atlas S2s  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000