Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Labor Day morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  08:19:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew on an overcast and very humid morning here in N.E. Indiana. Supposed to hit the low 80's today. The coffee urn is red]READY[/red] with Railbender blend. The special this morning is a Belgium Waffle,a soft boiled egg and bacon on the side. Tea, pop, Railbender, etc. all ready.

Where is MarkF? He hasn't been around since he got that high paying gig. (Sounds like a line from the "Blues Brothers") Our other Mark (Potsy) has popped in a few times this Summer, but needs to give us an update.

I bet George had a good time at the Boeing Museum yesterday. That's an excellent museum.

Today looks like the orange goat will get into action after the dew burns off. I have to run to the post office to drop off a few packages a little later this morning.

Watching that hurricane down in the Southeast, and it sure is raising heck with a lot of people, wishing for a safe outcome.

Well I'm rambling here, and time to get going.

Have a Super day!

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  08:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some rain yesterday (so I don't have to water the new grass seed today). It'll be warmer and more humid, but still well within tolerable.

Yesterday I putzed with some rock castings on the cut to the right of Mill Valley. I'm still (re)learning how to do scenery, it's been A Long Time since I messed with plaster and Scupltamold.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  08:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Journal Editor day with a chance of errands and some partial breaks in the chaos to get into the shop and finish off that box cab I've been working on for the past 3+ months.

Maybe even write up another article or 3, and some more stuff that's been waiting for attention now for too long.....

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  08:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and incoming crew thanks for thinking of me I have an appt. with a neurologist sept. 24 about my tremors. They have a new procedure that is non invasive they take an MRI and go from there it is called nurovive hope to get that done ? I have been still checking in with you guys . that's all for now

Mark

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  08:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good MORNING Jim, Dave and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Looks like it's going to be a nice sunny day with no hurricane around here.

Mary and I went to Boca Depeto for supper... big mistake, too much food and too high a cost. Oh well, maybe we'll learn.

Well, it's back to the grindstone with only 12 days to go, not really still will have a lot of work to do I'm afraid.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the sunny and warm Train Yard.

Walt

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  09:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A feel of impending yuck in the weather department today, t-storms and wind are forecast and severe chance later in the day.

No plans, I'll putz around the work bench and see what the day brings. REALLY bad weather up around our place in the UP today. My son was up there over the weekend and had a great time but did discovered a den of skunks were near where we'd been parking. He did not have any "outbursts" occur. We'll park different our next trip.

Have a great day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  09:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin and the local VW dealership. Why did I allow my spouse to talk me into having just 1 car? We will be here for a couple hours as they do the 40,000 mile oil change and other things, thankfully free. They will drive us to a local favorite breakfast place and depending on the weather we will call them or walk back the 3 miles.

So. Wisconsin is gloomy, very wet, muggy and did I say wet. The T-storms actually hit per the forecasts at 3AM. The hail hitting and the boomers woke me. Everything major is east and south of us now. I haven’t checked the property weather stations yet but we have ponds in spots that shouldn’t have them. Looked at the movies as Tuesday is our movie day and the decision is, nothing out there seems to be worth the $5.00 ticket.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  11:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Karl hit it pretty well for the northern mitten this morning, as we have had boomers and a pretty good light show go through, it's now wet and trending toward boomers and light shows, and apparently the Great Exodus is upon us as the tourists have retreated back downstate.

No major plans, still have admin to deal with, and I'm still waiting for the healing process to evolve.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Labor Day morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000