Railroad Line Forums - Posting photos - question
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 119 ]  [ Total: 121 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 Posting photos - question
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Processing of Photographs Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: April 19  Mini Scenes 2019  

lenelg
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  05:23:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit lenelg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The guidelines for posting photos suggest that files larger than 125 Kb will be rejected, which seems very restrictive by today's standards, especially for a group dedicated to photography.

And when I browse the forum I see images which far exceed that limitation (i.e. Denny's Beautiful D&RGW outside braced boxcars).

Does this mean the size restriction no longer applies, or is there a workaround I have missed?
Lennart Elg - the Sloat Lumber Man

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  06:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep file size under 200 KB.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 05/09/2019 :  07:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lenelg

The guidelines for posting photos suggest that files larger than 125 Kb will be rejected, which seems very restrictive by today's standards, especially for a group dedicated to photography.

And when I browse the forum I see images which far exceed that limitation (i.e. Denny's Beautiful D&RGW outside braced boxcars).

Does this mean the size restriction no longer applies, or is there a workaround I have missed?
Lennart Elg - the Sloat Lumber Man

Denny host's his own photo's, as do I, that's why his are larger. If you take a look at the properties of his photo's you'll notice that. I have my own website and host photo's I post here. I can make my photo's any size I want since I run them through a program called Photo Scape. But if you upload the photo's to the forum site you are limited to size. The best size for photo's on any forum is around 1080 pixels wide.

Bernd

Previous Topic: Processing of Photographs Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: April 19  Mini Scenes 2019  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000