Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 60 ]  [ Total: 65 ]  [ Newest Member: Scrocci ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: FRIDAY MORNING LOUNGE!! Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  08:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from rainy N.E. Indiana. I did get some 'quality outside yard work' in yesterday. Now it looks like I'll have to stay on the bench today.
The coffee has been ready for the past hour or so. Breakfast is running a little late as the 'quality time' catches up with me. Breakfast is now also ready, Waffles and smokie links. All the regular stuff is on the serving line.

Glad to see Lou (Desert Drover) is back on line and able to contribute as much as he does. I always look forward to seeing "Lou.com" answer the most abstract questions that come up on the forums. I tease him about Lou.com, and I think he 'likes it'.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  08:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good STORMY morning Jim and the rest of the dry RR-L Crew. Storms early this morning, more in an hour and all weekend long, except Sunday, then all next week. Typical Spring season in Indiana.

HOORAY, got my old workstation computer working again. Was just about to change out the motherboard but thought I ought to check out the power supply. Well, that worked, hooked up an empty drive, started the computer and felt the drive try to boot. Put the original Drive C in and away it went. Never changed out anything so have no idea why it wouldn't boot up before.

Well, I'll go check how well the Ark building is going. everyone have a Fun, Safe and DRY Day int he Train Yard.d

Walt

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  09:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from gloomy again So. Wisconsin, we did miss the rain yesterday as it was all around us until 11 last night, then it poured for about an hour. Looks again like it can open up at anytime. Jim thanks for breakfast. Not feeling right this morning and not sure if it is concussion related or Iím just getting sick! Got my haircut yesterday and the lady who does my hair said I have some nice stitches tracks, says I had a good doctor sew me back together as the scars wonít be bad. The only thing I did in the trainroom yesterday was grabbing a soda. My pop machine is under the Ethanol plant. Enjoy your day.

TomO

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  10:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy all,
I learned a valuable lesson four days ago. Scupltamold does not dry well in very cold humid days. I poured a some in to fill in the gap where I placed a diorama into my layout. That was four days ago; still wet and pliable today. Kind of like watching grass grow

John

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  10:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. We have intermittent rain here in S.E. Michigan, with temps rising thru the 60's right now.

We heard an unidentified rumbling noise near dusk last evening. It sounded like a heavy un-mufflered engine revving, but even stepping outside I could not narrow it down. It reminded me of the noise we could here back in the 50's when Reaction Motors would test fire the engines for the X-15 when they were developing them about five miles away from our home in Oakland, NJ.

I have a quick errand to run this morning down in Pontiac, MI. After that, Bonnie has a list prepared to get the house read for Easter Dinner and associated guests.

Have a great day!

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  11:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

We heard an unidentified rumbling noise near dusk last evening. It sounded like a heavy un-mufflered engine revving, but even stepping outside I could not narrow it down.

Around here, it would be the hillbilly kid about a half mile away.  Listen around 7 AM Saturday morning to confirm it.

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 04/18/2019 11:10:49 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  11:11:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought I posted earlier, but it's not here. Too bad, it was a great insight on everything that matters in life. Too bad, I don't have it in me to re-type it.

Later.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  1:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took the dogs out this morning, glanced at the back yard: A damn bear -stole- our bird feeder. The post was clearly knocked over (and some other items were also broken in the yard) and the bird feeder is nowhere to be found. Last year a bear (probably the same one) just bit the feeder and left it in place. This time, since I just reloaded it Tuesday, he decided the fresh seed was worth carting off.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: FRIDAY MORNING LOUNGE!! Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000