Railroad Line Forums - sierra west scale models railroad camp-O scale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 sierra west scale models railroad camp-O scale
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: DRIFTWOOD yes that banefull word can be used again Topic Next Topic: Rail Scale Miniatures Whispering Falls arrives
Page: of 10

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  6:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you karl. it's a bit topsy turvy at the mpment.... :)

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  8:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kevin, the differences are subtle. Is there more fence? Does it wrap around the side? If so, are you planning to have any details along the side of the building?

Mike

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  8:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

can someone more tech savvy than i am flip these images?

I've had this problem with photos taken on my IPhone and transferred to my Windows computer for posting. I found the solution was to edit the photo--cropping for example --before transferring to my desktop to post.

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 06/13/2019 9:08:24 PM

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  9:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But you got the Tacky glue right.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  9:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  9:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mike: the difference is, the fence is about 11/2" further to relative left. that's all the fence the kit calls for, but that said, i have all the material to build as much fence as i want except for the 2x3" runners. i have several copies of the template too, so i might just build some more fence. i like fence.
and it's a sierra west scale model kit, so of course there's gonna be details!

terrell: storing aileen's upside down is a great timesaver. it's always ready. i keep it in a hole in a brick, along with some canopy glue. it works great, but i wish it was half its size.

Edited by - kebmo on 06/13/2019 9:25:13 PM

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  9:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks carl!

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 06/13/2019 :  9:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

terrell: storing aileen's upside down is a great timesaver. it's always ready. i keep it in a hole in a brick, along with some canopy glue. it works great, but i wish it was half its size.

I know Kevin. I do the same thing. I was just having fun.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 06/14/2019 :  06:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mike: i just placed an order for the lumber needed to build more fence. stay tuned.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2019 :  10:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
details on the loading dock are all glued down and i'm moving on to the scenery.
i ended up building quite a bit more fence. i've added a gate to the rear of the stone wall, and the fence will wrap around the corner and extend to the driveway. there will be a chain across the driveway with a no entry sign, and about 3 more inches of fence from the driveway to the front of the dio.
fence installation will need to wait until the scenery work is done.
i looked at woodland scenics checker players and they looked awful so i bought a couple of seated figures in pewter and painted them. the checkerboard itself is scratched, and the boys are two beers into their game.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/08/2019 :  11:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it Kevin.

What's your source for the pewter figures?

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2019 :  11:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, your whole scene is really starting to take shape!
Keep up the good work!

Greg Shinnie

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/08/2019 :  6:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
carl,
i got the figures athttp://www.narrowgaugemodeling.com/ but they're O scale. i don't think he carries ho, but take a look. he's got alot of great stuff.
greg,
thanks. i got the first layer of scenery down today. now comes the green stuff....

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/09/2019 :  06:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks great, Kevin! I like the checker players. It appears youíre the winner.

Mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/09/2019 :  08:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well don't fence me in!!

Your doing a great job Kevin!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: DRIFTWOOD yes that banefull word can be used again Topic Next Topic: Rail Scale Miniatures Whispering Falls arrives  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000