Railroad Line Forums - TGIF, Ready or Not
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: C430 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 TGIF, Ready or Not
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  

Blazeman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  07:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been working hard since 6, so taking a break now for some breakfast...usual Friday B-L-T.

Raining in SE PA, but mild. Colder tomorrow, then, mild again.

Unstructured ops session last night, another for Sunday. No other demands on the weekend for a change.

Spring training gets underway soon for some teams. After the Phils' trade yesterday, interest perking around here.

Good weekend all.

Larry

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  07:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good MORNING Larry and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Weather has gone cold yet again. Lots of rain yesterday but dusting of snow this morning and 16 degrees outside.

Got real good news from the oncologist yesterday. No active cancer found... so far. The marker went up but still below a critical point. They will test my blood again in six months. If that's good then it'll go to a year. Once in a while we get good news.

Our son Chris bought a high end rack mount computer for me. Excess at the college he works for. This will have dual Zeon processors and a solid state hard drive for the OS. When totally decked out it will be about 4 times faster than the Dell XPS I have now. Doing all the 3D CAD work I am and will be doing this will help a lot to move stuff faster.

Need to make yet another run to the Post Office today.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the slippery Train Yard.

Walt

Blazeman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  08:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walt: So happy to hear of your psoitive news. I'm sure you slept well last night as did your family.

Larry

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  08:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear, Walt. It's another damp, gray morning in NH, with temperatures promised to fall tonight.

My modest good news of yesterday involved computers; My JMRI setup wasn't dead after all, so the new loco is programmed and the JMRI files have been backed up.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  09:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the crew. Once again it is sunny and in the 70's here in Lakewood Ranch, Fla.

Good news on the health front, Walt! Have fun setting up the new toy equipment.

I'm making good progress on my new clinics. I would be further along if I were back home in Michigan, but sitting outside here around the pool area has lots of distractions like the one below. He often suns himself on the neighbor's lawn across a narrow leg of the lake in our son's backyard.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  09:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Larry and crew. Gonna be another nice day in Tidewater Virginia, but it's turning colder tomorrow.

Good news, Walt.

Bruce, your pictures of bears in New Jersey and now gators in Florida makes me wonder what attracts you to these far reaches of the wild.

Have a good day.
George

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  09:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

That was good news Walt!!

Funny looking dog Bruce!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Blazeman
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  09:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sunny gator picture is something I see often when visiting Mom in Leesburg. Lots of juveniles swimming around the little ponds that are connected and run into Lake Harris. Walking bridges over the ponds allow one to observe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  10:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, Walt. I think we’ve all been holding our breath for you.

The weather was up to the 40s yesterday and we had some melting, I noticed that the eves trough was over flowing near the downspout...below the crab apple tree. I drug the ladder up and with the Doll spotting for me I climbed up and cleaned up the clogged mess. The crabapple, beautiful aesthetically in the Spring, is on the top of the list for axing this year. Since that late afternoon adventure, the temp has dropped to 15 degrees with a 25+ mph wind and snow. A friend just told us he had a crew there stripping his roof today. I guess they couldn’t get at it last week during the Polar Appocalypse. Must be our buddy got a discount to do it now. He’s been stewing about a roof for months, only doing it cuz his home owners insurance said they’d cancel him if he didn’t.

A great many folks as close and 25 miles N and NW of us over to Grand Rapids were much less lucky with the weather, as it iced up and they’ve lost power and our embattled power company seems understaffed and unprepared. Quoting times late Sunday into Monday for restoration. I do feel good that our 7 hour session a few weeks ago may have found a vulnerability on our source and fixed any issues. Fingers, toes, and even eyes crossed.

I took my RDC full of LPPs and gave them a ride around the layout last night. A fun time was had by all.

No plans for today, I’ll get something going eventually. Attitude at a low ebb today.

Fun and games everyone. Stay dry and warm.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  10:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from frozen So. Wisconsin. -3 real temperature and a wind chill of -21 heading east. The salt doesn’t really work after 10f degrees so I still have a ice rink for a driveway. Need to figure out how to clean it up, the cold stays till Sunday morning leaving in time for the 2-3” of white stuff Sunday afternoon.

Walt great health news, congrats. Bruce, I’d take the bears over that ting in the yard. Larry, anytime a train runs it’s a good time. I hope the trade works out, he is the best of a mediocre group of catchers. With the money thrown at baseball players it’s a wonder any kids play football anymore.

Enjoy the day
TomO

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  10:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

Single digit temps, wind chills in negative territory, grey, white gifts from above all over, and blowing like stink here in the northern mitten today. I suspect that all "errands" will be postponed until tomorrow, when things are supposed to be better.

Great news, Walt! Keep up the Recovery!

Silver Bullet was empty, so it's now READY with Switch Heater Blend. Supposed to be one of the new gourmet things... we'll see.

Today looks like a good day for some admin and then a whole lot of bench time. Bruce can keep his gators, skeeters, heat, humidity, bugs and bears. No need to share up here....

Make it a great day, folks, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  10:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all.

Good news Walt.

Have a Super day!

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  11:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chilly and raining, not cold (yet). Winter returns tonight. Great news from Walt! (My mother-in-law had MM, Not A Good Thing. But treatments have come -a long way- in 20 years!) Used computers and printers can be a really good buy, if you can do a little bit of repair and fiddling. The market for most used IT equipment is really weak. A friend used to go to office furniture auctions and buy used HP printers. He said, "You usually get the printer for much less than the toner is worth."

I ordered some stuff for backdrop factories behind the viaduct bridge, but in the meantime, I think I'll start on the worker housing I got from City Classics at Springfield. The challenge there is making them look like unpainted weathered wood. (See my photo in this month's photography challenge.)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 02/08/2019 11:28:18 AM

DWARN
New Hire

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  3:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good news Walt....we went from a foggy balmy 48 to a wind chill of -2 in less than 12 hours. That Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus is going to be flying off the shelves.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Doug

Previous Topic: Saturday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000