Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 108 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Worlds most dangerous railroads Topic Next Topic: Monday Lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  07:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Drain the swamp!" The snow melted, and the rain that washed it away has left a mud mess. The 'grass' issue like a 4" thick wet sponge.
The coffee urn is ready with Ashpit blend. Breakfast burritos up on the serving line.
I called the roofers in last nigh to rip off the roof on the lounge and rework the figment, replacesomre panels.. The more I looked at it,, the more aggravated I became with the way it first came out. Much better now. Of course I need to repaint it now.

This iPad is lousy for using punctuation, nor wonder all these dumb looking messages I see.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  07:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew when the crawl in. 33 deg. out and going to be a WET day. We have 2-1/2" of rain coming and south of us it's supposed to be 3". Floods most likely. But we live at the high point and water flows down to the river from here. Even the pond in the back yard can't reach us because of overflow pipes and the road is lower and slopes to the main road that slopes to the river. We picked a good place to set down.

Oatmeal and tea this morning. I love breakfast burritos but the love to stay with me as extra pounds. So, I'll pass.

Got quite a number of orders to pack and ship today. Everything I ship is USPS but I use good packaging. Only occasionally do we have damage.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe Day in the Train Yard and STAY DRY as I hope to.

Walt

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  08:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jm and Walt I'll have breakfast this morning it's 53 foggy and wet not much rain though here in SE Ohio. Didn't fare so well yesterday during sometime during my colonoscopy I got sick felt terrible the rest of the day!! Today have to take daughters dog to the groomer it's a papiyon cute thing not shore of the spelling
train time later.

have a good day

Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  08:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt, Mark and the rest of the crew. The sun is shining and we will get close to 80 here in the Sarasota area of Florida.

After a few days of just relaxing around our son's pool area, we will be heading to a few local shops today.

More serious relaxing is on the agenda for later this afternoon.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  09:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Gonna be a beautiful day in Tidewater Virginia. Pat's trying to talk me into going for a walk and I may give in and join her.

I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to figure out this Windows 10 thing. This old dog doesn't like new tricks.

Have a good day.
George

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  09:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
High 50s yesterday, felt like spring. More warm weather today, and the ice is gone from the sidewalks. Geology class for the next 3 days. Now that I have the stone bridge more-or-less done, I'm thinking about what I'll build around it. So I've been looking at photos of New England mill buildings. Anyone have a SRMW "Lamsom & Goodnow" kit that needs a new home?

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  09:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Jim thanks for opening with a fine breakfast. So. Wisconsin has cooled from the big melt of the last few days. High today is 29f with rain, sleet and snow this evening.The snow cover has been reduced but there still is a white covering.

Stopped at the LHS yesterday and picked up the annual Kalmbach magazine about layouts. My last Model Railroader was supposed to be the April edition but all of a sudden the sticker said February. I stopped fighting with Kalmbachís so called customer service department last year. I have subscribed to MR since 1976 but no more.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  09:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kalmbach doesnít seem to have a service department, recently I saw mention in Trains Mag that they had changed to an improved, apparently outside, agency for service issues. Explains why the check that was written to them in October didnít clear for over 2 months and 10 days to renew. Iíve received TRAINS for probably 55 years. Itís always been a Christmas gift but this was the last year. I canít read the label to tell what the exp date is. I got a new one this week so I guess it did renew.

Cloudy and damp, cold at 31 today. New hearing aids are working, can hear the phone with them, weíll see next week how they so for an ops session. Crowds are a challenge, add in a dozen sound locos and it can be a sound mish mash.

Layout shortly today. Been a few days.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/05/2019 2:49:51 PM

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  10:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all on this chilly but not too cold rain on itsítway spent yesterday in the train room with my MMR friend for ever Bruce who was looking over the Elk river for electrical and civil cert. so now I think I need one more. Friday nite meeting for the division and pizza night with movies. When I was looking over the layout I found all the cobwebs in the tunnels so Lucy said time to clean the layout that takes forever. Time to get the vacuum and shifters and get going. See you all later. Tom

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  4:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Companies outsource stuff they consider as "not core business." Guess Kalmbach thinks of customer service as 'not core business.' That says a lot, and none of it good!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: Worlds most dangerous railroads Topic Next Topic: Monday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.67 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000