Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 128 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Heat Wave Sunday Morning Lounge is OPEN Topic Next Topic: Announcement from Rusty Stumps Scale Models  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  09:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

Good morning crew and lurkers. The coffee urn is ready with Boilermaker Brew. The special is ham, egg, and cheese on an English muffin.

The cold snap is withering, it's back up over the zero degree point. Actually a little foggy looking out toward the East.

I painted last night, and so far so good with that Air Vallejo paint. Maybe a second coat in a little while.

Wow, Bruce and Bonnie made some great time down past Atlanta yesterday. Safe travels today.

Have a Super day!

Jim

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  09:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim thanks for breakfast sounds like a McDonalds menu!! but good non the less. You are right it is foggy and 25 here in SE Ohio I'm home by myself Evelyn went to Charleston with my Daughter and granddaughter she has a dance class. there is shopping involved. I am going down to the train room for awhile hen to Mass this evening. Tomorrow I start my prep for my colonoscopy Monday yippee!!!

Mark

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  09:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Punxatawney Phil did not see his shadow, Spring is right around the corner. It'll feel this way in SE NH, up to near freezing today, and above freezing for the rest of the week.

I'm slowly gluing together the plaster parts on my viaduct bridge. I want to give the glue lots of time to cure and get to max strength.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 02/02/2019 10:58:30 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  09:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Crew and Jim I appreciate your opening the Lounge. This So. Wisconsin resident is an unhappy camper. Earlier this week a charge from Sirius Radio was on my credit card. Disputed, called it fraud, talked to Sirius and told Capital One how I felt. Solved! Got my new Capital One card, activated at midnight or so last night.

My wife called and woke me at 8 this morning, even though I usually am out of bed by 7. She said There is a new charge from Sirius at 4am today. Same amount. I am not thrilled and know I canít call until I calm down, thanks.

It is 27f degrees heading to the 40ís. Overcast it is and some snow is predicted. We will see. Have a great day.

TomO

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  09:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the Rest of the RR-L crew this fine sunny but cold Saturday morning.

Hot tea and Irish Bread for breakfast now coffee and some Oreo Minis as we ran out of Voortman!

In the final stages of my new stick-build kit. Need to add the rafters and then the roof board followed by tarpaper. Then maybe then it's done.

Supposed to be 56 and sunny here tomorrow but it'll start down Monday but not as cold as it's been. At least the snow will melt.

Everyone have a FUN and Safe weekend int he Train Yard.

Walt

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  10:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning from the eastern end of Lake Ontario:

Thanks for breakfast, Jim. Ironically, just returned from McDonald's dropping off my son, Dustin, for his day shift today.

Cloudy and -6C/21F in our neighbourhood this morning. On this side of the border, Wiarton Willie predicted an early Spring, much like Punxsutawney Phil to the south. We are expecting warmer temperatures to return tomorrow.

Changeover day for me, as I am working tonight and tomorrow night. Not sure how much train time is available. My current project is thinning the inventory of locomotives. I have a few that I really don't need.

Have a great day everyone,

Michael

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  10:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun shining at daybreak today, itís now diminished to hazy bright. The loud noise you hear is the collective gasp from those looking at their thermometers, itís 45 degrees warmer than it was 2 days ago at 30 and rising. Itíll be a rush to the car wash for many today. The roads will be a slushy mess, rain and 50 tomorrow.

No big news, It was pretty out and about yesterday, bright clear azure sky full of vapor trails of America on the Move....lots of folks going East and West. Too hazy today to see that.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  12:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, Jim and crew. I spent the morning finishing a scene on the club layout.

The Archer Car Repair facility is named after a former club president.

It's supposed to be in teh 40's this afternoon, so I'm going for a bike ride.

Have a good day.
George

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  1:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, All!

Happy Groundhog Day!

Haze grey and underway here in the northern mitten, with low overcast, some fog, 28 on the meter, and no wind to speak of. Just got back from the recycling center, and the walkers are out, dressed in Ritual Fashionable Black from top to toe, walking contentedly down the wrong side of the road, and so on. The snowshoe group thumping along on the edge of the plowed area may have missed some of the experience, but oh, well. One guy in hunter orange walking his dog almost got an award from me... you can see that coat from space.

Given the warmup, it's time to call the rotary extra to widen out for the plow guy, and to call the B&B gang with roof rakes to move some of the white gifts from above off the roof in anticipation of tomorrow's rains. It's a thrill a minute up here.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  3:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from Lakewood Ranch, Fla. (Bradenton/Sarasota area). We arrived with 75 degree temps.

We will spend a few days relaxing before doing some local sight seeing.

Have a great day!

Previous Topic: Heat Wave Sunday Morning Lounge is OPEN Topic Next Topic: Announcement from Rusty Stumps Scale Models  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000