Railroad Line Forums - Damaged Goods
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 53 ]  [ Total: 57 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Damaged Goods
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday Lounge
Page: of 4

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  2:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

not to correct you, but certified mail can be accepted and signed for by anyone. REGISTERED MAIL requires the signature of the addressee. the carrier has to keep trying to deliver it until the addressee accepts it.

Yes, you are correct. Registered Mail and Certified Mail are different. The postmaster said I would want Certified Mail not Registered Mail. I did put on C/O Mr. Sarno to make sure got it.

From the Small Business Chron: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/difference-between-certified-amp-registered-mail-40089.html

Bernd

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 02/25/2019 :  11:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been buying my O scale lumber and siding from NESL for 10 years and always had good service and great quality.
BUT, I but in 24" lengths which are always shipped in a sturdy long box. Their shipping prices are high but I figure that cost into my kit resale pricing.
Korin has always been "customer friendly" with me. I'll still use them for my materials.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 02/25/2019 :  8:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to know Dave. Perhaps next time I might just order 24" lengths. They don't make mailers that big. At least I don't think they do.

Bernd

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/11/2019 :  2:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bernd,
i just placed and received an order of 12 16"long o scale 2x10s with northeast scale lumber, and based on your experience i was a bit nervous.
i think they learned from their dealing with you (and likely others) about their packaging methods. here's how my order came today:

and here's what was in it:

taken after i had dumped most of the packing peanuts out.
so thanks for being a sqeaky wheel. we all benefit.

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 04/11/2019 :  3:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kebmo

bernd,
i just placed and received an order of 12 16"long o scale 2x10s with northeast scale lumber, and based on your experience i was a bit nervous.
i think they learned from their dealing with you (and likely others) about their packaging methods. here's how my order came today:

and here's what was in it:

taken after i had dumped most of the packing peanuts out.
so thanks for being a sqeaky wheel. we all benefit.

Thanks for posting that Kevin. Good to know that my complaints may have changed their view on packaging their products.

Bernd

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/11/2019 :  7:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's good news all around!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/12/2019 :  05:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's good to hear from someone who benefited. Perhaps others will still make orders. I would have been Leary to spend the money on broken merchandise.

Rich

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000