Railroad Line Forums - Damaged Goods
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 156 ]  [ Total: 160 ]  [ Newest Member: Jozef ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Damaged Goods
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Good COLD Sunday Morning Lounge is Open
Page: of 4

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  8:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It aint Korin's fault if someone at the carriers drove over your package in a forklift.
It left NESL in good condition, even if it was in a tube that damage would of happened.
She has no control over what happens afterwards. She called it right, from the tire marks it was driven over,
hence not her/NESL fault, liability/blame lies with the carrier(S).

Karl.A

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  9:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The post office will just blame the packaging.
Can you steam it and straighten it?

It's only make-believe

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  9:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly $hit, All the business that members of this forum have provided to NESL, over the past 5 years I have been a member, and to see a complete negative response to customer in good standing, is totally unacceptable.

Regardless whether the package was run over or not, is not the issue. Common sense dictates delicate strip wood should have been packaged in an appropriate manner.

A brief polite reply stating that responsibility would not be accepted, and take it up with the carrier, Is all that is required. Talk about terrible customer service...

I am totally shocked by their response, and will not trade with them again...
I have copied them on the post'..

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  9:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It doesn't matter who's fault it was!!!

I think there response was rude that is not customer service.

If they said that to me I would not give them a dime more I don't care who they are!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  9:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UKGuy

It aint Korin's fault if someone at the carriers drove over your package in a forklift.
It left NESL in good condition, even if it was in a tube that damage would of happened.
She has no control over what happens afterwards. She called it right, from the tire marks it was driven over,
hence not her/NESL fault, liability/blame lies with the carrier(S).

Karl.A

Sorry to disagree with you, but THEY chose the carrier, so it becomes their responsibility to ensure delivery. Certainly better packaging would help those 'non' tire episodes. As I said earlier, by going the cheapest way to ship, they added additional carrier(s) to the issue.

Jim

Jim

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  10:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gentlemen,

Please keep a cool head over this. I would advise a closer look at the package. There are no tire tracks on the package. What I believe from the looks of the package is that it was on a conveyor belt and got waged some how. A bigger package behind it much heavier may have crashed into it.

I'm going to figure out who the top guy is of the company and send him a registere leter with copies enclosed of the e-mail. I'll wait an appropriate amount of time. If I receive no answer I will not be a customer of their products.

@ Ted, I wish you won't have acted so fast.

Korin's response might be expected on a Monday moring. Perhaps a bad Super Bowl weekend for her.

Let me see this through to the end. I will let you know the results. Now, anybody know who the top dog of this company is?

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

Edited by - Bernd on 02/04/2019 10:15:50 PM

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  11:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This prime example of bad customer service will certainly spread like the plague and it needs to! The old saying "give em the pickle".

Just google it!

rlundy
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  12:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear of your bad experience with them, Bernd. I received an order from them about 6 months to a year ago, for some scale lumber for a model ship I am working on. The order came in a good strong box, but was short some of the order. I emailed the company and Korin was the one I dealt with. I received very good service. They had the rest of the order in the mail the same day. This was the first time for me to deal with them, but had a good experience. Your package should have been sent in a box or tube, not a mailing envelope. Not a guarantee that it will come undamaged, but a much better chance than with a flimsy envelope.

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  07:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernd, your approach sounds good. A couple years ago I ordered a few styrene wheels/ tires for a project. They were shipped in a tiny bubble pack envelope. The thick tire portions were fine but the center wheel had been crushed. I contacted the company, explained what happened and they sent more...exactly the same way, with exactly the same results.
I hesitated contacting them again, but did, sending an email with photos of the crushed parts. (The envelopes looked fine). The company sent me more tires/wheels, this time in a small strong cardboard box and all was fine. No fuss no muss.

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like this Korin threw customer service under the truck.
I see a fragile sticker on the package, they should have also used a do not bend or fold sticker on the package.
Especially if it's being shipped in that kind of package that they used.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Greg Shinnie

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  08:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All right. I received a copy of an e-mail from a Mr. Majestic sent to Northeastern Scale Lumber. First I'd like to know who Mr. Majestic is and why did he think it was his right to act in my behalf. I did not ask you to do that so please desist from any further involvement. This is not your problem.

I'm sure this persons e-mail will only add to my problem of trying to get this resolved. So please, anybody else think they can help in this way don't. Let me handle it to the end. I will report the results. You can then make your own decisions on what to do. Thank you.

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  11:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Quick update.

I've sent a certified mail to the president of the company with copies of the e-mail, invoice and letter explaining the situation. We'll see what happens from here.

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  4:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received a copied e-mail from Korin at Northeastern Scale Lumber in response to Mr. Majestics e-mail. Thanks to Mr. Majestic the situation got worse. Next time please do not act on my behave of trying to rectify a situation.

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

joakleaf
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 02/06/2019 :  10:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

For the record, my direct dealings with NESL and Korin have been very good. They carry top grade miniature lumber and their customer service is excellent.

I'm not sure what you expected to gain from posting photos of a damaged envelope. But, everyone's piling on and offering opinions is not productive.

If it were me, first I would contact the Seller.

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 02/06/2019 :  11:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never bought from them.... but now that I seen this post if I ever was going to buy from them... I would ASK how my order would be PACKED in what? and shipped before I spent any money with them.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Good COLD Sunday Morning Lounge is Open  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000