Railroad Line Forums - Doodling after breakfast
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 52 ]  [ Total: 54 ]  [ Newest Member: 4given ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Doodling after breakfast
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tools and tips for scratch building Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuild HO Scale searchlight signals
Page: of 8

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  01:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always been a Yankee, and I've been called 'a real dandy' more than once. So you might say so. 

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  08:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I guess I should start off with "good morning Jim". Not to throw doubt on your building but, might that flat portion of the roof cause some problems with rain and snow load depending on what latitude the lounge is?

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  08:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice design you got there Jim.

While everybody is thinking about the lounge furniture I'm thinking where's the "Lounge Layout" going to be located? What scale will it be in? Will it be a modular or will it be permanent? Will it be DC, DCC or R/C? An inquiring mind wants to know.

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  09:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank,

You've got a good point there. On the plus side, it never rains or snows in the cave. On the negative side, the solar scam panels never get enough sun to produce any real power.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jim

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  09:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernd,

The model is being built in HO scale. I'm using Fusion 360 as the CAD program. With a few keyboard taps, I could turn it into N, TT, O, or G scale rather easily. It'll be on a piece of foam until I decide whether to use it towards the Structures AP or not. More than likely, it'll end up on a friend's (forum member) DCC module. Thanks for the interest.

Jim

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  10:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that's turned into quite a project from just a "Doodling after breakfast" moment. Nice work, CAD is noting I've ever done or attempted, but it seems you have it mastered. Hats off to you Jim!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  7:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Frank,

On the plus side, it never rains or snows in the cave. On the negative side, the solar scam panels never get enough sun to produce any real power.

Excellent point Jim.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  7:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never thought of the Lounge as being green, but damn it looks good. Did you forget my 6 burner with griddle gas stove? Good doodling.
Grouchy old men, never heard of that.

Tom

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  8:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover

Now that's turned into quite a project from just a "Doodling after breakfast" moment. Nice work, CAD is noting I've ever done or attempted, but it seems you have it mastered. Hats off to you Jim!

Thanks Lou! But, I don't know about 'mastering it', because it still can kick my butt when I go off on some tangent. I did a little window work today. Custom sized windows for any occasion.

Jim

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  8:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

I never thought of the Lounge as being green, but damn it looks good. Did you forget my 6 burner with griddle gas stove? Good doodling.

Tom

I just had some green plastic loaded in the printer, and went with it. It will be painted in suitable grunchy colors.

About the stove...Eddie didn't like it. A little too complicated. So you may have to have a 'one on one' with him.

Jim

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  8:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

quote:

Frank,

On the plus side, it never rains or snows in the cave. On the negative side, the solar scam panels never get enough sun to produce any real power.

Excellent point Jim.

Which one?

Jim

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/09/2019 :  10:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jim,
you're starting to master the CAD automation. Nice work!
Dave

David Guffey

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  08:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim,

I'm impressed with those prints. That last close up shows what looks like "fuzzies" on the part. How will that be taken care of?

Bernd

kingstonemodelworks.com

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  09:59:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Tom

I just had some green plastic loaded in the printer, and went with it. It will be painted in suitable grunchy colors.

About the stove...Eddie didn't like it. A little too complicated. So you may have to have a 'one on one' with him.

Jim

Sorry, green as being energy efficient.

I spoke with Eddie this morning. He quit smoking so he couldn’t remember how to make eggs without cigarette ash. He is not interested in learning a new stove, prefers the big griddle we already have. I asked how does he make bread without a good stove, he said bakery!

Your build looks great.

Tom

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2019 :  10:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the way you're turning out building parts. Nothing like using modern technology.

George

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Tools and tips for scratch building Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuild HO Scale searchlight signals  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000