Railroad Line Forums - 2019 Springfield Train Show
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 58 ]  [ Total: 63 ]  [ Newest Member: Marty J ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 2019 Springfield Train Show
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Worlds most dangerous railroads
Page: of 2

BMW
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/22/2019 :  12:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A group of us from the MLM will be going East Friday, and arriving Friday evening. We will be there thru Sunday noon. If you set something up, let me know.

Brad

Terry823
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/26/2019 :  12:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right now Im sitting and watching Maggie the Clown Show. The food lines are huge, and all of the seats at the tables are taken. At least I can sit a while here. This show is just amazing. Its only noon and Im running on E but I have to keep going. Wish me luck.

Terry Stapleton
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121262945@N06/albums

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2019 :  12:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry,

It seems you are having a fun time, I miss seeing "Maggie the Clown Show: !! LOl I wish I would have gone with you now.

Rich

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/04/2019 :  10:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saturday several RR-Line members got together at the Hub Division's layout in the Better Living Center:

I was really bright for the show as a courtesy to family members. Dave Emery is to my left, Pete Magoun at extreme right. IIRC the two gentlemen in the middle came from Ontario, but I didn't note their names. Pete?

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  12:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James, I'd bet on Michael, and his son Dustin.

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  09:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James and I should have powdered our foreheads before the photo :-)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  10:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

James, I'd bet on Michael, and his son Dustin.

Jim

Good bet, Jim!

Nice chat, too.... Thanks, Guys!

James, that garment would be perfect out here for those who insist on running, walking the dog or cycling wearing fashionable black, or worse, their cammo togs, all of which blend them into the scenery and make things unsafe for everybody. You could see that thing from the other side ofthe BLC!

Pete
in Michigan

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  10:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And all of the gorgeous weather apparently wrought the dreaded result this year, too... ARS says the gate was 17,154, and adding in exhibitors, vendors, friends of the photographer, hangers-on and such, the total was 21,004.

In really good weather, folks head for Vermont to ski, and the weather was fabulous....

Pete
in Michigan

resqrk
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  11:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went Sunday and the crowds were definitely smaller. Nice weather means the parking lot is a giant mud pit.........

Michael
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2019 :  11:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great photo gents! Agreed, a bit of powder on my forehead would reduce the shine! That day, two things could be seen from the ISS, the Great Wall of China and my forehead. LOL.

We had a great chat with everyone. Thoroughly enjoyed the show. Picked up a few items.

As is typical on the return home, driving north from Syracuse, on I-81, encountered whiteout conditions through the Watertown area, then cleared up about ten miles or so before 1000 Islands Bridge.

Michael (and Dustin)

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Worlds most dangerous railroads  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000