Railroad Line Forums - TGIF. Here Already
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 114 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: rsmokingus ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 TGIF. Here Already
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: A Day At The Car Shops 1951 Topic Next Topic: Thursday lounge 11292018  

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  06:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Friday, like it or not. Most of us probably are happy. Flew by this week for me.

Wet Saturday is the call for the weekend. Nothing new there. We've actually gone three days without any and today is supposed to be dry as well. Rivers and creeks still high.

I ate badly last evening. Had to have Tums for late dessert and early morning snack. I'll leave the menu for others.

In preparation for our parish's Christmas Bazaar this weekend, I flipped a couple hundred hot cakes last evening. Sunday morning, I'll be cooking bacon. Doing that is enjoyable.

Larry

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  07:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for unlocking the lounge Larry I'll make some ash pit blend coffee. in the bullett a make Hot Biscuits and Gravy with toast fresh fruit and donuts my Decaf Hot Tea and muffins. It's 37 and damp here in SE Ohio going to reach 50 today. Off to Lowes in awhile for material to finish my recycle project. Then who knows what I'll do maybe trains??

Have a Great Day

Mark

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  08:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Larry, Mark and crew. We haven't had rain in a few days, so my outdoor chore is raking leaves. Our autumn comes later than you folks up north, so it's serious leaf raking season here.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  08:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the crew. It is 32 degrees with a few snow flurries coming down here in Rose Twsp, MI. Two warmer days with some rain are on the way. That should get rid of our snow cover.

Off for grocery shopping this morning. Our Thanksgiving visitors pretty much cleaned us out of most things.

Have a great day!

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  08:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from overcast So. Wisconsin. Errand day as Terryís car needs itís last free maintenance and like Bruce our pantry is cleaned out.

Enjoy your day
TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  08:55:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the incoming crew. Thanks Mark for firing up the silver bullet and the fine breakfast. I'm sitting at the eye doctors office. Fog over freezing rain to get here. Temp is just about right to really make driving an adventure.

I'm using an iPad, can't warm up to it. Very awkward to write with. Now I see why all the grammatical errors and punctuation errors are made. I'm still an 'old school' stickler. That smiley was about 10 keystrokes.

I'm getting a headache with this gizmo!

Have a Super day!

Jim

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  09:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a revised PhD dissertation to proof on my desk and to turn around today; 200 pages of fun.

More caffeine, please!

Then again......he put it on the Google drive and neglected to give me access to it......so I'm wondering just how badly he wants his PhD, or not.....

Iíd say that your chances are as thin as a homeopathic soup made
from the shadow of a pigeon that died of starvationÖ

Edited by - mwbpequod on 11/30/2018 09:43:15 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  10:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy bright in MI this morning, there was a lingering low layer of fog when I first looked out, now just hazy. I just came in from cleaning the snow off of my truck as itís sat since Tuesday.

Breakfast and then a trip to go get my new glasses, an Rx and return some wire to Menards. The Doll has plans to put up the tree today. She stayed up way too late last night watching a Civil War movie with Jeff Daniels and others. I had to crash out early in that endeavor.

Iím moving along well on the wiring and will head back to scenic work on the layout soon.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  1:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

I'm using an iPad, can't warm up to it. Very awkward to write with. Now I see why all the grammatical errors and punctuation errors are made. I'm still an 'old school' stickler. That smiley was about 10 keystrokes.

Jim

I have had the IPadPro since retirement and still donít like it. Jim, try posting a picture to the forums from it. As you know I canít. I have been hinting for anything windows based but not sure the family is listening. Maybe after Xmas I may gift myself!

Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  3:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Jim

I have had the IPadPro since retirement and still donít like it. Jim, try posting a picture to the forums from it. As you know I canít. I have been hinting for anything windows based but not sure the family is listening. Maybe after Xmas I may gift myself!

Tom

iPad Pro here x2.

I got the Doll an iPad Air and really liked it as a internet viewer and she liked it. When apple announced the Pro I was hoping after all the hype Iíd be able to run Photoshop and other programs. I soon found out their iPad APPs are the Campbell Soup version and donít allow you to do most of the same things as PS Elements on a Ďrealí computer. Nope, same with Fusion 360 and other lookalike apps for IPads. Tried the smaller version with the keyboard and it is my go to for most of my internet stuff but comes up short when trying to do anything beyond forums and internet stuff. As Tom says posting pics is a no-go. I CAN upload photos to Photobucket off the iPad Pro but canít copy and paste the file names to post them. Iíd really like to ditch my first Pro and the worthless pencil but canít trade it in as it had my name etched into it when I ordered it from Apple. The smaller one I have has the keyboard and is cellular equipped and it does Ďokí but is no more capable than a plain old iPad Air like the Doll has. It does ok out on the road using the cellular IF I can find a decent Sprint signal.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  4:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the best part of the iPad was, I didn't pay for it! #1 son thought I needed to get into the 21st Century and donated his old one. A steam powered IBMPCjr with a 'chiclet keyboard circa 1984' would be more useful.

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  5:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big earthquake in Alaska. My friend there said her family is all ok, although her turtle had a very close call when the aquarium almost fell and broke.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  5:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw it.

7.0 then a 5.8 aftershock. Serious damage around Anchorage airport. All Alaska RR trains halted to assess damage.

Jim

Previous Topic: A Day At The Car Shops 1951 Topic Next Topic: Thursday lounge 11292018  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000