Railroad Line Forums - TGIF
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 111 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 TGIF
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday End-of-week Breakfast Topic Next Topic: Thursday...getting there  

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  07:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boss has been away all week. Thus far, not too challenging. Head to Boston tomorrow to visit sister then on to Maine for the week.

Just finished breakfast. Might be more palatable to you all: couple sausage patties on a kaiser roll. Yesterday's salad breakfast didn't happen until lunch.To calm all, a glazed doughnut was enjoyed that morning. Iced tea to wash it all down. Coffee guys line up for the selection from tloc or Burley J.

Our ops session last evening did not materialize. I did road weathering. Didn't add static grass. Instead, my friend had purchased a new WS product, like static grass on the webbing that is torn to size and then stretched. White glue to affix. Very effective.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  07:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the crew. It is sunny here in Danville, Il.

We made it about half way home yesterday, leaving KC just before 1pm. I had about 75 in attendance at my last clinic which ended at noon.

Hitting the road in a few minutes. We lose an hour about 5 minutes into the trip today. We hope to be in Holly, MI by 3.

Have a great day!

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  07:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Hope this will be another sunny and stormless day.

I'll be having my oatmeal and tea. Suffering from an extensive sinus infection. Went to the clinic Monday and got a antibiotic but it's not helping with the cough. Fact is I cough so hard I feel like my guts are going to spill out. Actually I feel like someone stuck me with a knife in that my left abdomen is real painful. So back to the clinic today to see if I can get something for the drainage and cough.

Had a real scary letter in Wednesday's mail. It was from the county sheriff and was a Warrant for not paying my 2017 Sales Tax to the state. Thought I did but the on-line system must no have worked. Anyway they said I owed $950!!!! What, I only owed $50 as most of our sales our out of state or out of the country. So I called the State Tax Office and the gal there said just file and pay the tax owed and it will all go away. I did just that now we'll see if the Sheriff comes for me....

everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  08:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another sunny and warm day in MI with the a/c in afterburner mode. Iím off in a minute to take my mother to a doc appt. sheís doing fine but needs Rx refilled.

Iím also waiting to hear from the dealership on my truck being ready. They called yesterday and said they needed an extra day to put it back together. Also said that after they got it all apart they didnít find any leaks and something about an air bubble. Kind of like having the cardio doc take you in for a bypass then tell you when you wake up they didnít find anything, so....happy thereís no problem but really not happy.

Iíve made a hell of a muss onthe floor of my layout room, have nearly a truck load of pieces and parts of the old layout that zi should have s**tcanned years ago instead of building around. My worst trait in the hobby is the cleanup the work area gene. Iím sure itís there, underneath something, next to the pieces parts Iíve been looking for a month or two.

Well, off to the races, the Doll couldnít wait to get out the door this morning to go yard sailing, a friend of hers found a $5 clay bird whistle last week that upon research is worth $1500 or more. Made in the 1880s.

Have a good day all. Jim, congrats on the fine showing, Pete on the immaculation.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, safe travels Bruce. Walt coughing like that is miserable, been there. Pete, again congrats on becoming President, hope it becomes fun and not a job for you. Silver cylinder, well itís full, Hoosier Blend in celebration of Jim and Donna returning from KC. Larry, thanks for getting this place open, glad the boss is out, it was never fun to work with jerks, enjoy your Boston and Maine excursions.

I did get the grass cut yesterday prior to the 30% chance of rain that became 100% overhead of my property. Rained pretty damn heavy but we were so dry a lot of it just ran off. It does look a little more green this morning though. I am going to get the 4 year grandson and go ATVing this morning he loves, I enjoy it.

Have a great day
TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  11:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Larry and crew. We're having another hot one in Tidewater Virginia. I just finished running some errands and am heading the workbench to straighten things up. It's like your's, Karl, overgrown with clutter from my current project and I'm wasting a lot of time looking for things.

Have a good day.
George

P.S. Walt, send us your jail cell address so we can keep in touch.

Previous Topic: Friday End-of-week Breakfast Topic Next Topic: Thursday...getting there  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000