Railroad Line Forums - Workday Wednesday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 104 ]  [ Total: 107 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Workday Wednesday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday...getting there Topic Next Topic: Tuesday get ‘er movin’ lounge.  

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  09:29:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Top of the morning to eveyone! The coffee's on, the bagels are cut in two sections, croissants at the ready. Bacon and eggs are hot off the stove. So stroll on in for a taste of 'breaky'.

Today is workday Wednesday on the Large Scale Railroad I operate with some twenty other friends. We gather Saturday mornings for train ops. On Wednesdays some of us head over to Fred's property to weed the gardens, lay a new section of track...you know...all the maintenance that the real railroaders partake in.

The pictures show the new fence that went in just last week. It adds a great backdrop along the entire back section of the property.

Feel free to visit my blog which details the train ops whenever you have a moment...

https://gardenrailroadottawa.blogspot.com/

Have a great day everyone!

The large Nelson Yard with Glen Hammond and Bell in the distance.

Passenger Train #2 round the bend out of Ironwood destined for Mount. St. Helens.
Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  09:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, everyone.

Looks like a nice way to spend Wednesdays, Mike.

Nothing as exciting as that, here. I did get a haircut, this morning. This afternoon, I can paint the steam piping that I built for the aisle side of the mine. I still have to build the backdrop side of the piping. But, it sure was slow going with all of the fitting, cutting, and sanding of the last couple pieces. But, it sure makes the mine more interesting. I have to order some more parts, so while that is on order, I will try working on a couple other small projects for the mine.

Last night, we had a pretty intense thunderstorm. The lightening was a little too close. There may be more storms, this afternoon.

In the meantime, have a good one...and stay cool!

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  09:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Mike, Chuck and the rest of the crew. I just came back from an 8 a.m. clinic and will now have breakfast with Bonnie.

This morning we will visit the WWI Museum that is within sight of the hotel. More clinics this afternoon.

I give one more clinic tomorrow morning and then we will hop in the car to begin the drive back to Michigan.

Have a great day!

DWARN
New Hire

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  10:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew-thanks for the open Mike. Wrapped up the repairs to the air compressor and began stripping the paint from an old Akane 2-8-2
USRA heavy-the old lacquer base paint literally blows off thankfully. A quick cosmetic repaint for a friend and then get back to my stuff. Hope everyone has a great day.
Doug

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/08/2018 :  10:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In and out sun today after a little bit of rain yesterday and in the night. More maybe today.

I’m at my mothers for crisis mitigation.

Cleanup in the train room has started, sure a big pile of procrastination to deal with.

Later..

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Previous Topic: Thursday...getting there Topic Next Topic: Tuesday get ‘er movin’ lounge.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000