Railroad Line Forums - Saturday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 102 ]  [ Total: 102 ]  [ Newest Member: NP2626 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Pittsburgh Train Derailment Topic Next Topic: Its Friday!!!  Again!!  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. The coffee is ready, Ashpit Blend and the decaf cups are next to the K-cup maker. Breakfast tacos, fresh fruit and hot water for Walt.

It is warm and humid in Austin but I have spend almost an hour in the pool already. Swimming laps is something I have not done in 40 years since diving lessons. It is tough but easier on the joints then the walking I do daily.

Hope all have a great day, Jim and Donna are searching for bridges on the way to KC, so romantic, and Bruce and Bonnie love those B&B’s. Be safe traveling.

Tom

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  08:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the crew. It will be another hot one in Kansas City.

I'm off to a day of meetings with the Board of Directors. This evening we will take to our cars and eat together (at our own expense) at a local BBQ place. After that we will visit the layout of Stephen and Cinthia Priest.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  08:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. We're having swimming pool weather here in Tidewater Virginia, too. We're been invited to a friends house for a pool party this afternoon. I hope the weatherman cooperates - there's rain in the forecast.

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  08:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and warm going to hot and muggy in W Michigan this morning. I just rolled up at the ops session at Chubb’s in Grand Rapids. Tried the forum earlier but it was slooooow...,

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  10:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shockingly, it's not raining......but it way to wet out to do very much unless you like slogging about in swamp land.

One of lighting fixtures over the layout failed late yesterday, so now I get the test out just how accessible I installed everything and whether I can replace it with one of the new LED units that I've been holding in reserve for just this event.

I’d say that your chances are as thin as a homeopathic soup made
from the shadow of a pigeon that died of starvation…

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/04/2018 :  5:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon all. No bridges today, but we did stop at the National Transportation Museum just west of St. Louis (that volunteered about 30 years ago roofing the steel sheds. Hot then, hot today! I ran into 3 guys from our North Central Region that are also heading to the Convention. They know Karl from Andy Keeny's Op sessions and other nefarious events.

Took a bunch of pictures there, but again, everything is packed together quite tight. One of the old-timers asked if I was interested in doing some more sheet metal roofing. My glaring look stopped that line of questioning. 98 in the shade.

We're done for the day, and about a hundred miles tomorrow morning. Hope we can get through registration earlier than later.

Heading out to get a Burrito or something.

Jim

Previous Topic: Pittsburgh Train Derailment Topic Next Topic: Its Friday!!!  Again!!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000