Railroad Line Forums - Corps of Canadian Railway Troops Europe 1918
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 189 ]  [ Total: 193 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Corps of Canadian Railway Troops Europe 1918
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO.
Page: of 60

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  7:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting film.

I like your camouflage; very true to prototype.

Mike

thtroll
Crew Chief

Supporting Member

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  4:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit thtroll's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you see the arti piece fire at 7:17 in the vid clip?

Cheers, Heath.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  5:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike.
Heath, I saw two other artillery pieces firing but missed that one.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  6:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry outstanding work as usual. By the time your done with all your modules you'll have quite to layout to show.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  09:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I was wondering if the wheel was used as a brake wheel?

Frank

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  11:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simply an amazing documentation of living hell.

Philip

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  11:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Larry and Philip.

Frank,
I was looking for this picture but needed to wait until I was at home. It outlines the controls for these little 20 HP Petrol locomotives.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  6:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So it was the brake the Lance Corporal was fiddling with. It puzzled me why he'd turn it a bit, then turn it back. Maybe a trick to keep the loco from picking points or square rail joints. Apropos of that, I noticed the Sapper pushing the point of a switch they were dismantling back into position just before the loco passed through without stopping. Oh, would there be shouting if something like that took place at my 1:1 trackwork volunteer job.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  6:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbvb

So it was the brake the Lance Corporal was fiddling with. It puzzled me why he'd turn it a bit, then turn it back. Maybe a trick to keep the loco from picking points or square rail joints. Apropos of that, I noticed the Sapper pushing the point of a switch they were dismantling back into position just before the loco passed through without stopping. Oh, would there be shouting if something like that took place at my 1:1 trackwork volunteer job.

The more I dig the more I realize this was a well documented operation. If only color film was readily available.

Page: of 60 Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000