Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 105 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: lumberfan ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge
Page: of 39

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  4:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We spent a lot of time today preparing for Saturday's open house for The Center, but the stage curtain company next to us did get our curtains installed on the new layout so it will be consistent with the look of all of our other layouts. We are pretty happy with these.

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  4:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Very nicely done!

Pete
in Michigan

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  4:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Pete. We got a deal from our neighbor in the industrial park and paid about $450 for these. We really think it contributes to a finished look and is a good investment. I liked them so much I had curtains maid for my HO layout in my office at home:)

Jim

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  4:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I meant to say I had curtains "made" for my HO layout.

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  5:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the curtains! Never knew there were "curtain companies," and may need to sniff around up here to see what I can come up with. How do these attach to the railroad?

Thanks.

Pete
in Michigan

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  5:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jeez, that's beautiful....

and the mirrors are very effective too. really looks great.

if you suck at playing the trumpet...that's probably why.

Edited by - kebmo on 09/12/2018 10:09:08 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  5:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another masterpiece.

As you think, so will you be.

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  5:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am sure there are commercial curtain companies in your area. They are typically under the radar because their principal customers are schools, hotels, theaters, all places that need curtains for tables and stages. The material they use is fireproof given the types of customers they serve.

The curtains attach with velcro provided by the curtain company. There are several types of velcro fasteners they use depending on the situation. I have attached a few photos from my HO layout at home that show the method.

Jim

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  6:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The layout looks good. The curtains give a nice finished look. But, What happened to the 7 story building?

It's only make-believe

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  6:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It will be back. It's on my bench again getting a detailed loading dock and preparing for painting individual bricks. Then mortar lines. I am hoping to have all the details in place by our October open house. But it will pop up on pics over the next few weeks.

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  6:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tampa Jim

I am sure there are commercial curtain companies in your area. They are typically under the radar because their principal customers are schools, hotels, theaters, all places that need curtains for tables and stages. The material they use is fireproof given the types of customers they serve.

The curtains attach with velcro provided by the curtain company. There are several types of velcro fasteners they use depending on the situation.

<snip>

Thanks, Jim! I'll have a look around.

Pete
in Michigan

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  6:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazing work!

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  6:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Rob!

Pete, I am sure Hiles Curtains here would do your curtains and ship them. They are easy to install. All you would need to send them are the exact measurements.

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  7:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tampa Jim

Thanks, Rob!

Pete, I am sure Hiles Curtains here would do your curtains and ship them. They are easy to install. All you would need to send them are the exact measurements.

So noted, and thanks. When that time comes, I may contact them.

Pete
in Michigan

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  8:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna def try to get down there to the center for the October open house, it will be great to see what has changed down there since the last time I visited.
I'll have to find out the dates and work it into my schedule...

Great work, info and inspiration as always from you guys.

Karl.A

Edited by - UKGuy on 09/12/2018 8:09:20 PM

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: 2x3 Cork Board Challenge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000