Railroad Line Forums - A Little Wildlife
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 91 ]  [ Total: 97 ]  [ Newest Member: Poul Low Moller ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 A Little Wildlife
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Gallery:LateAug17MOW Structures & Equipment Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Early Aug 17 The Loading Dock
Page: of 78

belg
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  08:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are we sure shes fat and not pregnant, else you will have a whole force of fat cops, oh wait thats nothing unusual! I can't believe some of the physical condition some cops are in, I think there should be a standard for them just like in the military. Pat

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  10:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We captured a picture of this furry little fat creature that must have snuck into our house on Christmas morning. We believe he is a member of the Cockerus Spanielus family

John

anbhurst

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  1:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, John, . .Does he have a name and is he a temporary or permanent guest?

quote:
Originally posted by jaynjay

We captured a picture of this furry little fat creature that must have snuck into our house on Christmas morning. We believe he is a member of the Cockerus Spanielus family. . .

Allen
Modeling the East in the West on the Northeastern Pacific RIM, Oregon, that is!

jaynjay
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  2:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jaynjay's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Buster is our 12 year old little cocker. He had to have his ears removed when he was 5 and has been deaf since then and now he is going blind; but he appears to be very happy in our new home. He was looking, I mean smelling under the tree for his Christmas presents when my wife took the picture

John

TrainClown
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  4:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this thread, being a big nature nut myself. I thought I would pass along some prairie wild life.

I was working in my garage last summer. For days I heard this "Peep! Peep! Peep!" all day long. I thought it was a bird who had built a nest in the eaves or some place. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw this little guy looking at me. He turned out to be a brave little fella and I called him "All-Peeps". He would follow me around the shop and peep away at me relentlessly. He had dug a home for himself and his girl friend in a hole in the cement floor of my shop. I never saw her much, but I saw him all the time, and heard him too. I took my wife out to see him and the little fella sat there as still as a stachew, and let me take his photo.

He's a Richardson Ground Squirrel, commonly called a prairie dog. They migrated in to town by following the tracks, and the tracks go right behind my place. The back feild was lousy with them. But All-peeps became my buddy, sort of. He's sitting beside the front tire of my motorbike.

Then one day he disappeared.

Christopher

Clowning around with trains.

Thorn Creek and Western
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  6:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thorn Creek and Western's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOOK OUT!!
It's Silly Darla!

-Dave

-Dave

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  02:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cigarguy

I'm laughing so hard I've got tears in my eyes... Thanks, I needed a good laugh tonight!

Mike,
Glad you got a belly laugh going there but my Shelbys in ruins!
Darn Lazy fat cat!

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  06:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul,
I'm sorry about your Shelby's, but that was just too funny about shoring the cat.

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

PaulD
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  9:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Your dead right she looks strange after shearing. She ends up rolling round on her big lazy back until all that persian hair on her back turns into one big fat sun bleached dreadlock, we can't even get the brush into it, so off she goes to the Vet for a knock out and shearing. When she comes home we can't shut her up she purrs and meows in ectasy. I've often thought it's pretty hard for cats to communicate with you when they can only say one word........ MEOW!
This wildlife thread is cool. Please all keep posting pics.
PaulD

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  10:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a month of rain and unseasonably warm temps, the weather weenies said we could expect some very light flurries.

5 inches later...

In memory of Mike Chambers

belg
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  12:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ken, and to think they go to college to learn this stuff. Pat

Cigarguy
Fireman

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  10:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you suppose that this is why they call them "weather" (oops, I mean WHETHER) people? For instance, they might say, "I'm not sure WHETHER it is going to rain or snow, so I'll just pick one and run with it."

I vote we change the spelling to whether-man instead of weather man. (insert grin here)

Mike
D&B Lumber Co.
"The Best Wood You Ever Saw!"

Marken
Fireman

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  12:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this big guy sitting in the yard today. He followed me into the house and seems content sitting on the scanner.

In memory of Mike Chambers

ibflattop
Engine Wiper

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  07:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Barry! Here in the Cornfields of Indiana! Or should I say, "Cornballs of Indiana". We dont have a Decrese of seed eating birds. We are seeing a Increse of different birds this Year! Some that I havent seen in the past seasons! Hey if ya are wanting a Raccoon, I got a Nice Fat one that we could make a nice Stew out of and all feast on it for a couple of months! I want to get rid of it cause it comes and visits each night and cleans up what the birds, Squrrels and chipmunks dont get the day before!
Heck if we get him, we might have Raccoon Gravy and Biscuits for breakfast on day on the Breakfast Bar!!! What ya Boys think of that???????? Kevin

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 05/13/2006 :  12:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I caught this guy working away on a large stump in the yard today. Although we often have his smaller brethren in the yard, the Pileated Woodpecker is a rare visitor.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Page: of 78 Previous Topic: The Gallery:LateAug17MOW Structures & Equipment Topic Next Topic: The Gallery: Early Aug 17 The Loading Dock  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000