Railroad Line Forums - Monday Lounge 3.13.17
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 93 ]  [ Newest Member: PMStrains ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday Lounge 3.13.17
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dry adhesive Topic Next Topic: TICK-TOCK!!!!  

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  06:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew and I hope you are safe from the weather. So. Wisconsin is having a snow event and while what I can see in the dark looks nice, we don't need any fricking Snow. They are talking maybe 5" by noon which is nothing compared to out East but today will be a messy day.

Breakfast. The coffee urn is signaling ready and it is the Pullman Porter blend, the K-cups machines are ready if you use them, the hot water for tea and cereal is available. Eggs are any style, the sides are smoked bacon, smoked ham and there is some smoked turkey. If we don't like the smoked stuff there is some corn beef hash ready. Breads are my normal sourdough, the pumpernickel and today there are also cinnamon rolls. Hash browns are crisp, the fruit is freshly restocked as is the juice bar, enjoy.

I am not looking forward to dealing today with the insurance company for last week's wind damage. We were sent on Saturday an email with the amount of $ they will send us to fix the damage. It does not match what the contractor says will be needed. This will be fun.

Enjoy your day
TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  08:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. Tidewater Virginia has a chilly wet week in the forecast, but contrary to what our weathermen are saying we won't get any s***.

Our train club had a very successful open house this weekend, with record crowds and donations. I'm going to be backing off my club participation for a week while I focus on other things.

Have a good day.
George

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  08:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the incoming crew. That is some breakfast spread this morning, no one will be able to move after eating.

We got a dusting of snow overnight, it's cold and windy. The weatherliars predicted 5" by 8 AM. Why even waste the 'air time' with these clowns. Then again it's part of the 'we're gonna keep you informed' spiel.

So you think haggling with the insurance company will be fun. The adjusters are rewarded by how much they save their company, I'll bet he won't think he's had fun with you.

I played most of yesterday. I got the PFM United Pacific running like a Swiss watch, DCC'd but didn't put sound in it. I used a Neodymium magnet (flux capacitor?) motor in it. Pulls like a 4 cheeked donkey!

Then I switched to the CAD program and finally timed out about 2:30 this morning after hitting a wall on some maneuver that would have save me a couple of hours drawing. I ended up wasting that time trying to be slick.

I'll get back to it later.......maybe.

Have a Super day!

Jim

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  09:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good morning Tom, George and Jim on this cold morning ,no snow yet but a bunch on it's on the way. Got a lot done under the layout yesterday and with being snowed in will get lots more this week. Time to see what's on the forum so will see you later. Tom

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  09:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called my Insurance agent at 8am and he called back. I told him that the estimate is less than 1/2 of what my contractor says to re-build.

Seems all I got via email was the estimate for the home owners. The major damage was to the commerical end of things around here (horse barns and wind mill).

I just read over the other estimate and the numbers I can live with but the policy info is wrong. They have the green houses under commerical when they should be under home owners.

I left another message.
TomO

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom still here and you are going to have fun with this guy I'm setting in the corner by the stove dreaming and hoping the mail man brings me something to read when this storm hits maybe a ON 3 annual or something. See you later Tom.

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  10:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening Tom. Its a cold morning here in southern NJ. We are getting ready for the big snow storm that is supposed to roll in sometime tonight. According to the weather map, we will get somewhere in the range of 4-8" by the time it's all over tomorrow afternoon. So I'll be out today and have some showings with clients, then over to my son's house to help him with a plumbing repair. I have cleared my schedule for tomorrow and plan to just hunker in and spend the day downstairs with the railroad!

Have a great day everyone.

Mark

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  10:35:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew this rather cold Monday. Getting a messy snow mix later on.

Not moving nor sleeping very good lately. Seems I have some extreme bursitis in both hips and both shoulders. a bit painful. They want me to do therapy as I've already had a steroid shot. Problem is my insurance won't pay for it and I don't have that kind of money either. Oh well, it's HELL GETTING OLD>

Needless to say I'm not getting a whole lot accomplished for RSSM lately. Hope to have some new stuff out by now but finding it a bit hard to concentrate. I'll figure it out yet and get busy. Could use some warm weather as that would help a lot.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Messy Train Yard.

Walt

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  10:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know when Bruce is planning to return from the Rain Coast, but it probably won't be tomorrow!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  11:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cold and snow in Michigan this morning, not sure the forecast, guessed, amount. After nearly 70 a couple weeks ago this sucks. We had the power go out again last night but only for 27 minutes, they must have had to hook up something they've fixed from the big storm last Wednesday. There are still folks without power, but it's getting to be pretty small pockets.

MAYbe I'll be able to work on the layout today, we'll see. I have a birthday card to send to Hyannis Mass this morning, hope it gets there by Thursday. Dave, that sure is one ugly map. I bet Bruce is glad to be away from that. Might be a bear to get back in with the residuals from that when he does.

Everyone have a good day. Keep your heads down and your powder dry.

BE SAFE!!

BE SAFE!!
Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/13/2017 11:21:08 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  1:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Puyallup, WA. The grandkids are off to school and I am on my second cup of coffee.
Yes, it is interesting watching the weather report for back home. Having watched the long range forecast, I put an Army surplus shovel and boots for me and Bonnie in the car. That way I can dig our car out of the airport parking lot and get to our house. If the driveway is bad, we can park at our neighbors until I can clear the driveway.

We are taking a redeye home, so will arrive home in the morning.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Previous Topic: Dry adhesive Topic Next Topic: TICK-TOCK!!!!  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000