Railroad Line Forums - Do It Yourself Saturday Morning Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 59 ]  [ Total: 64 ]  [ Newest Member: Bluegill ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Do It Yourself Saturday Morning Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sunday Topic Next Topic: Full Steam Ahead?  

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  07:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A chilly good morning crew. We're hovering near freezing in Tidewater Virginia, so we need something warm for breakfast. I don't know about your guys, but I'm getting that warm breakfast at IHOP this morning. Our club is having an open house this weekend and since we're located right behind IHOP we gather there for breakfast before the event. I did turn on the coffee pot, there are some eggs in the refrigerator that you can fix any way you want and there's a loaf of whole wheat bread next to the coffee pot for toast.

I have a busy day at the club ahead of me. What about you guys?

Have a good day.
George

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  07:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry George, I got it covered.

Good morning crew, readers, guests, and lurkers. A very chilly one this morning, clear and 12 degrees in N.E. Indiana. Brrrh!

I just shoveled some coal into the old caboose stove in the corner. The coffee urn is perculating and will be ready when you show up for breakfast.
#4 is the Special this morning. Breakfast burritos, Chorizo sausage patties, and a lime smoothy. A load of fresh bananas showed up late yesterday. I think Pete might have been wheelin' and dealin' again.

Sounds like TomO had quite a time with that storm, hang in there!

I started disassembling an old PFM Berkshire last night, and am getting ready to re-power and then paint it. It's sad to see how many of these old brass engines are around, most of them stayed in the original box. Guys collected them like baseball cards and and never ran them. Now, many of them are discolored from handling them and putting them back in the box. The foam has deteriorated and what enjoyment was there? [/soapbox]

I'm heading out to an NMRA event this morning, a 'make and take' and play with timesaver show for kids. The kids really love those timesavers, so it'll be a fun day.

Have a Super day!

Jim

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  07:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Crew, thanks for the coffee and grub Jim.

I thought I'd stop in and recruit some converts to the Dark Side.

Not much going on for me as it's a 2 day off of treatments.

You all have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  08:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning George, Jim, Mark and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Up a bit early this morning, showered and breakfast. Then I have to dress out in my tux and head over for a K of C 4th degree Ceremony. I'm, maybe, the Commander of the Honor/Color Guard today but still not sure what's up on that. Oh this is sooooo much fun.... not!
That will take care of my whole day one way or the other as there is a Mass and dinner into this evening.

We are expecting snow later today and I home it ain't much. I think Jim pushed it south just to bug me.

Everyone have a Safe and Fun day in the COLD Train Yard.

Walt

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  08:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! Thanks for opening George and for the fixin's Jim! Yes, a warm breakfast sounds good this morning. What a crazy weather week! We had a couple of days in the mid-60's, then yesterday a couple of inches of snow. Today and tomorrow temps will remain below freezing with wind chills in the single digits. And as if that's not enough, we are bracing ourselves for a Noreaster headed our way which threatens to bring a lot of snow! UGH, and to think I was happy I didn't have to cut the lawn!

Enjoyed a great op session last night at one of the South Jersey Operator's homes. This weekend I'll be out and about with clients looking for homes, but I will be home tonight and hope to get some work done on the railroad.

Stay warm and have a nice day!

Mark

tloc
Fireman

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  09:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, have fun at your events today, Walt you have some solemn fun at Church. Weather in So. Wisconsin is calm so far today. The winds are finally down, Alexa is saying 9mph with the current temperature at 14 heading to 27. Lots of snow maybe heading our way on Sunday night or Monday morning.

I did venture into the train room yesterday and found the missing HO scale ruler. Instead of laying it on the roadway I was working on, someone placed it on a center beam car load in the siding right next to the road. It was missing for over a frustrating week. It is also true when you replace the missing tool with a new one, the old one shows up.

We are attending a NCAA 1/4 final Woman's hockey game today. If the Badger women win today they will play in the final 4 next weekend in St. Joseph, Mo.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  09:32:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Partly sunny and frigid in MI this morning, 15 at last look. It was in 20s yesterday and so was the wind. I got chilled as we were out and about much of the day yesterday, We watched half of the Spartans game, against Minn, in the bar. At the bowling alley then streamed the rest while unloading stuff at the doll's store. I'm off in a minute to go look for something that must have fallen out of the truck at one of our stops.

I am glad the snow is staying south and east for now.

Everyone have a good day.

BE SAFE!!

BE SAFE!!
Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  8:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening from Puyallup, Wa. We arrived at our son's house at midnight local time, 3am 'our' time. The grandkids had us up at first light and we spent the morning and early afternoon watching the 6 year old twin girls compete in a gymnastics meet. Then it was off to watch our grandson's basketball team participate in a tournament. They won both games and now continue in the tournament tomorrow. BTW, that tournament is being held in a H.S. on the Puyallup Indian Reservation.

Family game night starts after church tonight.

Hopefully, I will find some time to check in tomorrow.

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

Previous Topic: Sunday Topic Next Topic: Full Steam Ahead?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000