Railroad Line Forums - Logging Log Bronc - HO size
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 68 ]  [ Total: 76 ]  [ Newest Member: Garyi ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Logging Log Bronc - HO size
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The 2017 Pick one, Build One Challenge Topic Next Topic: Sewalls, a scratchbuilt model
Page: of 3

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  11:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in 07/20/2011, member Les, (visman48) did a build of an On30 Log Bronc here; http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33762&whichpage=1 Thank you Les for the eye opener, and great model to have.
I wanted one for my HO scale logging layout in the worst way. I thought it was great. So with the plans and build that Les had posted, and a picture of a Frenchman River O Scale log Bronc, I made my HO scale version using wood and styrene sheet. I made the base of the boat with a piece of wood cut to shape using the dimensions shown, for HO scale, trimmed out the wooden base with strips of styrene, and made the motor and gas container out of styrene pieces. Then used a Woodland Scenics figure. I hope you like what you see.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  11:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was suppose to be picture #4 above.

Louis

k9wrangler
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice! It looks like your operator needs a foot stool....that sure is an interesting piece of equipment and well executed.

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  11:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot Karl. You are right about the foot stool! It was going together nicely until it came time to place the figure in its place. Something didn't measure up for sure. I guess I'll just have to go with they used the shortest guy in the log camp to run the bronc.

Louis

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Louis,
This is really cool, I used those same exact plans I got directly from Bill Roy. I created mine in O Scale, and placed in the Narrow Gauge Convention in Hickory. When doing the research they had a outboard motor in the center, on a swivel, the upper wheel moved and directed the bronc. The bronc was awash most of the time, very slippery I assume. When I did mine I created a master out of wood and styrene.

Its good to see those logs moving around in the pond.

Les

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  12:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by visman48

Louis,
This is really cool, I used those same exact plans I got directly from Bill Roy. I created mine in O Scale, and placed in the Narrow Gauge Convention in Hickory. When doing the research they had a outboard motor in the center, on a swivel, the upper wheel moved and directed the bronc. The bronc was awash most of the time, very slippery I assume. When I did mine I created a master out of wood and styrene.

Its good to see those logs moving around in the pond.

Les

Thanks Les for the information and comments, you've been an inspiration on many builds in the past. This was just another master piece of yours I had to re-create in HO scale.

Louis

Guff
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  2:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Louis,
Very Nice! The log bronc looks right at home in the log pond.
Dave

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  2:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done, Louis. That looks like it would be a fun ride (in fair weather).

George

anubis51
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  2:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work, Louis.

You never cease to amaze me.

John

Time is the Gauge of Existence

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  2:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Louis,
Your rendition is great, I did one at water line, and one on ground, I showed off the bottom protective grill work.

Les

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  4:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by visman48

Louis,
Your rendition is great, I did one at water line, and one on ground, I showed off the bottom protective grill work.

Les

I did also like the one you had on land Les, but that is above and beyond for what I wanted. Although, I'll never say never, because someday I may get the bug to build a land scenic one as well.

Louis

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  5:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can I say "cute little boat"? If not, I won't.

Nice build Louis. Your modeling talent amazes me.

Now if you only had some real water in that pond you could motorize it with radio control and push those logs to the ramp.

Bernd

desertdrover
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  6:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bernd. And yes, by far it is a cute boat idea, that someone had ever come up with. I know it was cute enough for me to want one.

Louis

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  7:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool project Louis, well done!

Log Bronc was a new concept for me...

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  10:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Louis,
I like it! Rusty brown color is cool!
What is the length and width in HO scale?
Rich

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 12/30/2016 :  05:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Louis, that's just bordering on cute. A nice little detail for the log pond.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: The 2017 Pick one, Build One Challenge Topic Next Topic: Sewalls, a scratchbuilt model  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000