Railroad Line Forums - SOKOL'S from Bar Mills
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 92 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: Bridge ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SOKOL'S from Bar Mills
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: final pics of the scratch built bed and breakfast Topic Next Topic: So I wanted to make white decals...
Page: of 21

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  06:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job on the vent.

Bryan

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  08:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, you could say that by building that model vent you introduced a breath of fresh air to a previously neglected area. Looks really good

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/28/2017 :  08:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking vent, Tony. To get the aluminum look, try spraying with a silver paint and then going over it with Dullcote.

George

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  4:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bryan, thank you.

Bill, yes, you could say that. Thank you.

George, thanks for the tip, I will try that next time.

Thought for Today: If we are going to doubt something, let us doubt our limits. ~ Don Ward

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  5:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a cyclone I am putting together to capture the sawdust coming out from the wood shop area inside. I will be making a collection bin below, where the workers will have to shovel it out periodically.

Tony Burgess

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  7:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,
Absolutely fantastic craftsmanship, superb in all areas

Rich

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/01/2017 :  7:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, nothing like a well ventilated building. I love the outside drainage pipe'..Beautiful job entirely'...

Ted

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  2:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is some fine-looking metalwork!
Cheers,
Dave

Jeff Compton
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 03/02/2017 :  9:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love everything you've done to enhance this kit!
Jeff

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  08:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony,

Love the cyclone. Now you have to do sometime to haul off the sawdust I assume.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 03/03/2017 :  6:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Boy, spend a couple of days away from the computer, and everyone in town comes to chat Not complaining though, I love it.

So to Rich, Ted, Dave, Jeff and mike, I thank you all for dropping by. Love reading all the comments.

And Mike, yes, I had a thought, either building a wooden box that has a fold down or removable side so it can easily be shoveled out into a truck, OR... taking a small Jordan model T pick-up, and slightly modifying it to allow the sawdust to be dropped in the back to be hauled away. Going by memory, I think it is small enough to fit under there just fine.

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  3:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I decided to break off a bit, working on a 'vehicle' to capture the sawdust for disposal. I thought a wagon would be a good thing to use, and although I still have a few details to add, including a seat and break lever, I nearly have it finished. But with this much detail, I thought adding it under a 'cage' for sawdust would be a waste, hiding some of the details, then I thought about the photo I found a while back of some mattresses in a wagon, and I may have now changed my mind on it's use, and going with a previous idea of a modified Ford model T to get the sawdust. So, in either case, here is the wagon. About the only weathering I have done so far is the A/I ink stain and muddying up the wheels a bit. This is my 3rd wagon I scratchbuilt, the second one, less the wheels, was in Z scale.

I used a printout of some wheels to get the spacing. I thought I could get all the spokes in here, but the .020" styrene was a bit too big for these close quarters.

Muddy wheels. Looks glossy here, but it isn't.

Got the brake detail added at this point.

This is how it would have looked under the cyclone. I thought all that detail would be lost under there, so back to the idea of a modified model T, which I like better, I think.

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  3:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the wagon next to a nickel, just for size comparison.

Tony Burgess

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  4:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been working many hours this week, 64 to be exact, so I haven't had much time for modeling, so this being my only day off, decided to start on something. Last week I put up a magnetic strip to hold my most needed tools, like tweezers, drill chucks, scales etc. I added it to the underneath of a shelf, being out of the way, yet easily accessible.

Now for todays doing's: I started on the roof access. deciding to have the door open, I would need to do some kind of interior to make it look good, so 2 x 4 studs went up. I have a slot for a window, and a door made, handles and all. I think I will also cut an opening in the roof, put in some stairs, or at least enough that could be seen, before adding the, hopefully, soon to be finished access.

Tony Burgess

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 03/13/2017 :  01:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, the wagon is just marvelous. like the roof access too

It's Only Make Believe

Bob Harris

Page: of 21 Previous Topic: final pics of the scratch built bed and breakfast Topic Next Topic: So I wanted to make white decals...  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000