Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 99 ]  [ Total: 102 ]  [ Newest Member: CURMUDGEON ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Advice - Micro Shelf Layout
Page: of 44

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  5:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to see a number of different people stopping in. I'm back from the left coast and hope to get to the train room tomorrow.

Andy, nice tribute to Verne.

I put a few bottles of red out. Enjoy.

Edited by - BigLars on 11/18/2016 5:45:41 PM

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  6:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Evening All,
I would like to say I have been busy modeling and building, but I have been doing some, and some home stuff too...what did Geez call it? a honey do list...something along those lines. I have been working on the Geez model...a building, with him and Sonny, Featuring his bent for hardware and fishin supplies.

Also been printing a goodly amount, Heath has been the willing victim in printing and learning. I am pleased with the process so far too. The 3D printing isn't the end all, its only part of the process. I also got out the wife's silhouette cameo cutter, I did a stencil and I am going to experiment with some cutting of cardboard and some light weight bass wood for small buildings, like line shacks and out houses.

You all have a great evening...Les

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  11:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening everyone, Here in Michigan we are bracing for a late fall storm, the temperature was 72 at 3:00 and it will be half that by tomorrow evening with snow, gale force winds and up to 20 foot waves on the big lake. I guess the "Witch of November has come calling." The crazy thing is that there will be surfers out in it tomorrow, Surfin' Superior... I spent the day getting the perennial beds cleaned up and ready for winter, and then made a big pot of beer-cheese soup. Andy, those are some nice photos from the show, it's nice to see Verne remembered. I left some cold craft brews in the fridge, and some of that soup, enjoy.

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
morning guys, been and all nighter working on the layout, thanks for the brew steve, glad another Michigan man in here modeling
I have coffee, eggs, toast, steak fries and ham on the stove guys, oj is in the fridge, help yourselves

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the coffee! Off to work and then my week-end starts! Weird weather last night, super windy then calm, then the rain, and now cold.

Philip

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  11:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY aLL, THANKS FOR THE COFFEE AND BREAKFAST DAVE. Tom I'm glad things are going well up north, winter is headed here this weekend. Everyone have a gret day. Mark

W,L,&E

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  11:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the coffee Dave.

Thought I would check in and say hi. Not much modeling for me lately, I try to spend a little time each day and am making progress on my trestles, One is complete and ready to be installed while the bents for the second trestle are about 1/2 done.

Well back to work, have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2016 :  10:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning. 25 today and warming to 48. Bench time. What about you guys?

Ron.... any pictures of the trestles?

Philip

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2016 :  7:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darn, it was 35 this morning in North Carolina. People almost froze to death. Getting ready for turkey day, lots of shopping.
I put out some red and a green bottle.
I did work on a bunch of unfinished projects Sunday. I bet I put 1 - 4 missing small parts on 20 cars and 5 engines. I'm not sure anything I have will ever be really finished. I found myself adding loads to the inside of box cars...

Edited by - BigLars on 11/21/2016 7:46:02 PM

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  12:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey All, thanks for the red Larry. I'll clean up in here( dust out the cowebs). Good niht everyone, good night Geezer wherever you are. Mark

W,L,&E

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  8:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, where is everyone? I did a bunch of prep work in the kitchen tonight. Come on in to the lounge tomorrow for Crab cakes and Salmon patties. I also pre cooked much of the stuff I need for sausage and mushroom stuffing for the turkey Thursday.
The red is out and green bottle.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  9:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY Larry, I'll hav a glass of red. I've been tying to get more of the crew involved, I'm not as flamboyant as Geezer. Goodnight All. Mark

W,L,&E

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  9:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is 12:15 pm Wednesday at the Museum in Ipswich. It is 30 degrees C outside (very hot ) I have just finished lunch - a fresh chicken salad.
I would love to share a glass of red with you Larry but the powers above might disapprove as it is still working hours.
Just finalising flights to Taiwan next Wednesday. My manager and I are going across to attend a symposium about railway museums. We both have to give an hour long presentation which I have almost finished preparing.
Looking forward to the trip as we will be there for a week and the organisers of the symposium have arranged some special visits for us including the Ali-Shan Logging Railway Workshops (2ft 6ins gauge) with Shay locomotives though I doubt any will be in steam also visiting the rail network of a sugar mill and a railway roundhouse.
Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  9:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good Evening All,
Down right cold here tonight, will be about freezing in the morning again. I spent part of the day fixing a 2-4-4-2, that Bachmann supposedly fixed, 2 broken wires, and several abrated wires down to the copper. and one set of wires was so bad I had to replace it with one from my box of goodies. I also got the test track up, since I lost the laptop and had to replace it, I had not installed the loco buffer software drivers, did that and decoder pro is now UP and running. I have work to do on another loco tomorrow.

I will slowly begin to update my threads, seems I am working my way the retirement dulldrums. I sure miss Geezer at these times, he would just call me up and kick me in the butt and tell me to move on...of course it would be a hour later on the phone.

I also did some work on my Geezer project I am liking it very much, I cut a stencil for it, and then I tried the cutter to cut out building walls, kind of a poor mans laser.

You all be safe on your thanksgiving travels, stop and remember those that aren't with you both alive and passed.

Les

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  06:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and assorted danish on the counter. Gtting ready for turkey day and off for my treatment soon. Everyone have gret dy nd be safe if traveling. Mark

W,L,&E

Page: of 44 Topic Next Topic: Advice - Micro Shelf Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000