Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 68 ]  [ Total: 74 ]  [ Newest Member: tillerman1 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale
Page: of 39

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  11:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning! Happy Veterans day!

quote:
Originally posted by BigLars

Jerry, thanks for the sip.

I think I know what I will do for my Geezer challenge. It will take some time to finish.

Glad to hear Larry!

"You'll always stay young if you live honestly, eat slowly, sleep sufficiently, work industriously, worship faithfully, and lie about your age."
Life Today

Philip

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  12:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh, it's lunch time and no one's been here.
I have work to do on drawings for a new/modified kit. And still need to do some website updates.
My kit cutter is back from Florida so I guess I should tackle that first.
Stay warm.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  1:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon All, the fridge is stocked with long necks and sodas, snacks on the counter, and football on the big sceen. Come on i and enjoy. Mark

W,L,&E

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  1:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks mark, think I will join you since I am done tearing down my old layout

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  3:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark. No drinking until I play Hockey. I will be back later.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  9:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm back but I feel alone. We won 3-1 so all is good.
I did get time in the train room this week end. Slow but steady progress on restoring some Banta logging camp cars I received years ago from Paul Templar. The cars will end up being part of Geezer's logging camp.
I also bought a small collection from ebay that was a nice surprise. The cars were painted poorly but are turning out nice. In addition there was a Backwoods 0-6-0 with sound that needed some TLC. It is almost back in business. So lots of work but nothing ready for pictures.

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  12:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon everyone, Help yourselves to a variety of pizzas,salads, and soft drinks for lunch. Lars,I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the logging camp. I've been working on building the Train Troll sternwheel critter. I'm planning on making a scaled down version of the Big River Maru with it, priming and painting the paddlewheel are next, then I need to create a wheelhouse of some sort, locate a boiler and winch, etc. Progress is slow as I'm finishing up many outdoor projects before old man winter arrives. Hoping all have a nice day.

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings all! Thanks for the pizza!

Had a show over the weekend as a last minute stand in with the NMRA-BR, good fun, if exhausting.

Did remember to grab a photo of stock relating to Verne. sure he'd approve.

All in all a nice show, picked up a few odds and ends, layout was well received and in good company.

Now to catch up on the forum!

Neil F
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  4:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. Back from a 3 day show in France, over 1500 miles travelled and now stock and layout put away. We were even interviewed by French TV about the show. Now to get the loco,s back serviced and tested, we had a few loco problems that may have been the hall/dirt/dust as we were very busy all the time, the layout causing a lot of questions about construction and scale/gauge, I don't think the layout has ever had that many pictures taken of it before.
There's a bottle of JD honey on the counter so help yourself (duty free from the ferry)

Neil F in Stockport

http://sites.google.com/site/purgatorypeakmodelrailroad/home

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  08:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and assorted muffins are on the counter. Activity here has been nonexistant laty. Andy, looks great. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  10:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning folks! So true Mark activity is slow. Andy, good looking rolling stock. Teaspoon, I still haven't finished my Muru. Need a boiler and drive system, started both and kinda gave up. Was caught up casting stuff and literally was trying to cast each and every item I built which takes an incredible length of time to make the molds and watch them cure...then the pour....! I think I'll actually finish up after the Geezer project is done. Spark is lit again. They say model railroading is a life long hobby, so true!

Philip

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  10:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I'm on the dark side but i think this big lounge can fit a few of us and i won't make a mess.I love to see the modeling all of you do so much detail. I going to make a Shrinky Dink machine to reduce your ON30 down to HON3. some day. great looking stuff. Elk River Tom

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  11:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drop in any time Tom! Can you shrink my age..20 would be good again! I'll bring my On30 stuff with me.

Philip

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  07:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and we hae buckwheat cakes, sausage, eggs, butter and syrup. Tom, you are welcome nytime. Speaking of Tom's has anyone heard from TOM up in canaa, or from Rick? EVERYONE have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

Tommatthews
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  10:25:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all. Mark thanks for the coffee and email.

All is good up here. Sadie and I spent the last two months pheasant hunting.

I am still working on 1/8 scale wagons. I am building the wheels including the hubs. Lots of detail. Figuring out how to Index the spokes was fun. I finally made a jig the fits on my lathe.

It is -10C here this morning but no snow.

Nice to see you namedthe lounge in honour of Geezer.

Take care. I'll check in another day.

Tom M.

Page: of 39 Topic Next Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000