Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 94 ]  [ Total: 96 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7 Topic Next Topic: J&L Mine w/Hoist House
Page: of 69

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  8:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks.

Mark, I will join you.

Bill, You can do it, think of the kids.

My oldest moves back out this weekend and I get back a space that is 25 x 12.5 feet that her contents have been stored in. Time to finally build again.

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  9:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon All, I put out a bottle of red and a bottle of green . By the w did anyone notice the empty glass down at the end of the bar from last night. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2016 :  10:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have a Jack Daniels on the rocks.

Yes I noticed the empty glass. I just hope tonight he puts it away!!

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  12:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fire is stoked in this empty lounge. Sun is shining! Coffee is on late today. Working today, have rearranged my work area after a long hiatus from modeling. Finally started working on the Geezer Memorial challenge. Finished the dock, now looking forward to stick framing the building. I found an old #127 Campbell model but just can't make the walls of card stock so I've made a plan in cad standard. What to name it has me boggled. perhaps a track side tavern, greenhouse nursery, or a fishin hole as suggested by Larry. Old school era for sure. Have a great day!

Philip

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  1:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon,
Just stopping by for some lunch and a bit of liquid. I am nearing the end of the basement RR cleanup, yesterday I poured resin for a small diorama, and have the base built for it. I will reclaim some flex track from a large dio I made several years ago. Its built on a nice bare wood plaque, and I have cut and glued some homasote on it to start with. There will be some buildings or partial building on it, but that about all I have right now. Now that I have my work surfaces back I have 2 projects (one for Pete, and one other to work on)

Work progresses with the printer, have several pieces I am working on too.

You all have a great day...Les

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  5:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got the OSB today and 4 mil plastic for vapor barrier on the wall. Started hanging the plastic and my power staple gun broke. Stupid thing is 4 years old but I bet I haven't put 200 staples through it. Headed back to Loew's or HD in the morning. Drinking a pretty good Pinot Noir at the moment as consolation

Bill

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  5:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Friday or what ever day it is for you retired folk. The work week is done for me. I'm putting out some cheese, crackers, grapes and other lite appetizers. I also put out some red and a green bottle. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, if you act fast Train world has some
Bachmann #28322 4-4-0 Modern Steam Locomotive with Wood Cab and DCC (Painted Unlettered 1920's)for $49 bucks.

http://www.trainworld.com/manufacturers/bachmann/bachmann-on30-scale/bachmann-steam-locomotives-3/spectrum-on30-scale-4-4-0-modern-steam-locomotive-with-wood-cab-and-dcc-painted-unlettered-1920s-28322/

Edited by - BigLars on 10/28/2016 5:57:06 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  7:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a nice little steamer for 49 bucks.
I have no way to run it'..so, I'll just have to look at it'...

Ted

elwoodblues
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  08:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit elwoodblues's Homepage  Send elwoodblues a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Coffee is on and for breakfast this morning we have pancakes with Quebec maple syrup, scrambled eggs, sausages and seeing as the weather is getting colder, home made baked beans.

Been working crazy hours lately and another day at the salt mine today, but I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Bill, looks like you are making great progress in the train room.

Larry, better start building soon so the room doesn't get re-purposed again. While the 4-4-0 are temping I already have two and don't really need another one.

Going to go to a small train show tomorrow in Kingston NY. It's a one day show about 45 minutes from where I am.

Have a great day everyone.

Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railway Co.
http://cvry.ca

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  11:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Ron thanks for the coffee and breakfast.

A nice day in South Jersey right now sunny/50. Suppose to make the mid 60's later.

Errands to run this morning then some time at the bench later.

Everyone have a great day!!

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  11:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, thanks for the coffee and breakfast Ron. Everyone have a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

visman48
Fireman

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  12:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit visman48's Homepage  Click to see visman48's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good Morning all, well I guess its afternoon, its 64 here and nice, gonna have to get out and enjoy the weather. Work in the basement is going good, I am going to spend some time working on something, I don't know what but the spaces are pretty clean.

You all have a good day, enjoy the sun, enjoy the weather, have a thought about those that can't enjoy the lounge. I miss Bill and Vern a lot these days, but using their inspiration on projects, that's how I honor them.

Les

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  12:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ron, Thanks for breakfast.

It sunny and going to be 80 today. I already had the SLK out for a spin with the top down. I have not driven it in six months, it's a fun little car.

We also got one truck load of stuff moved to my Daughters and I can see some of the new train room again.

Off to do more work, breaks over.

andykins
Fireman

Posted - 10/30/2016 :  12:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit andykins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all!

Been slammed with work lately, i try and steer folk into ordering early for Christmas so i tend to have my Christmas rush October/November, lots of fun stuff though.

Yesterday myself and Paul went to ExpoNG in kent, one of the better narrow gauge modelling exhibitions, and we had a grand time.
I picked up a few tools, we both found a set of drills at half the price of every single other stand, saw a bunch of great layouts, i picked up an un-built BVM tin chicken with suitable chassis at a very reasonable cost, i have some ideas for it already, one of which is NOT selling it on greedbay at a vastly inflated price!

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 10/31/2016 :  06:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and eggs, home fries, ham, and toast with butr an jams. Andy it sounds like you all had a good time.. ALRIGHT EVERYONE UP AND ATEM, STOP IN AND HVE A SIT DOWN. Strange hapenings down at the end of the bar. Everyone hav a great day. Mark

W,L,&E

Page: of 69 Previous Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7 Topic Next Topic: J&L Mine w/Hoist House  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000