Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: Deano ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BRIDGE BETWEEN THE MINES PART II/THE MINES Topic Next Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale
Page: of 50

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  08:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is ready and cheese danish and fruit on the counter.

Phillip, thanks for the info and the difficulty level.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  09:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Mark! thanks for the coffee and danish!

Windy last night rain and dreary today about 60 degrees.

Philip

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  10:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Mark thanks for the coffee.

I've alive just been using the other lounge for the past couple of months.

And to let you all know Rick is alive I'm having dinner with him tonight maybe I can talk him into visiting here again.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  2:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, thanks for opening. Laid some more track last night. Spanned the first of three joints. Tried soldering the rail ends to brass screws to hold them in place at the join - hopefully they joins will hold when I cut the rail!! A little trepidation going on.
Anyway, hope you all have a good day.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  3:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is 6:15am Wednesday here at Ipswich. I have just brewed some fresh coffee and there is also hot water available for those who prefer tea.
Sorry to hear that Tom has lost interest. I enjoyed reading his posts. It would be fantastic to see Rick pay us a visit again. It has been a while.
David, how is your wife doing? My son, Raymond, suffers from the same neuralgia and suffers excruciating pain at times. He has to control it with strong pain killers and has been told an operation might be necessary.
I am looking forward to the weekend when I will start putting down some plywood for the lower deck of the On30 layout in the T-Shed. This was originally going to be a terminus station yard but now, after discussions with the Tuesday Nighters experts it will also become a staging yard. This will eliminate having to put in a hidden staging yard elsewhere on the layout with some serious difficulties for access.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 03/07/2017 :  9:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the other grandparents returned from Florida two weeks early and took over baby sitting in Connecticut. It was 14* when we left Saturday morning and drove two hours to Boston to visit our son and his family for lunch. Left them shortly after 1:00 PM and made it to Ocean View by 9:00 PM. Temp finally made it above freezing when we crossed the Delaware Memorial Bridge about 7:00 PM. Woke up Sunday with the beginnings of a head cold, wound up at urgent care Monday morning with an infection in my right eye to go with the cold -- doc gave me drops 4 x day for 5 days. Postman brought 2 weeks of mail today so I have several magazines to read over the next few days -- getting easier as the eye stops weeping. Also received a snow plow and freight station for the WW&F -- time to get building on the railroad.

Vet said dog's biopsy was indeterminant for bone cancer so we're living with the limp and will keep an eye on things.

Bill

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  07:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is ready and hot cakes, sausage, buter and syrup are inthe warmer.

Jerry, good to hear from you, I hope you can convince Rick to stop by.

Bill, I hope you are better now, and can get more rr time.

Curator, I can't wait for pictures of the new addition.

Mark

W,L,&E

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  2:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all!
Mark, Yummy! Thanks.
David, That's not good news although we heard the same thing here. If she takes the pain meds (Lyrica) and the steroid (to bring down swelling) she feels completely doped out and cannot function. Then she gets an upset stomach from the meds for which there are, wait for it, more meds. So her counselling practice is tough to do and her Master's Degree is hard to concentrate on as well. It just sucks.
Bill, 2 weeks of reading! that's like Christmas! Enjoy!
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/08/2017 :  4:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Everyone (or Afternoon whatever) it is almost 7:00 am here at the Museum in Ipswich. My position here as Curator of The Workshops Rail Museum (TWRM) is part of the Cultures & Histories Program across the four campuses of Queensland Museum across the State. Members of the C&H program are assembling here at TWRM for a Program meeting today so I will have to be on my best behaviour.
I handed in a formal letter advising the C&H Program Head and also my line manager the Principal Curator that I intend to retire effective 29 September, the last day of an 8-week long service leave.
My actual last working day will be Friday 4 August. I have agonised and stressed over this for some months but now I have actually done the deed I feel a great weight has been taken off my shoulders. The Principal Curator was shocked and now there is a scramble to see how they can replace me while I am still here to teach another person.
Mark, I have had little time in the T-Shed lately and now my plans for this weekend have been derailed as it is one of my grandson's birthdays (Saturday gone) plus I have to get ready for the window security check measurer to come next week (Sunday gone).
DavidC although Raymond suffers dreadfully with the pain it sounds as if your wife's meds also cause her problems. I really do hope and pray that things improve for her. Raymond sends his best wishes for her too as a fellow sufferer.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  07:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is ready and new york style bagels with all the trimmings.

David, it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Dave, I hope they can get the right combination to help her.

Mark

W,L,&E

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  08:15:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks, just stuck my head into the darkside lounge to see what's been happening in here. I'll say thanks for the coffee, and snag a bagel on the way back out. Adios Amigos!

Jim

David Clark
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  2:09:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all! Thanks for the bagels and coffee, Mark.
David, congratulations on making the jump. I am sure you will love retirement. That 8-week holiday before your retirement must have your employers spinning.
Thanks all for the good wishes. I guess it will be a long slog for Steph but hopefully not too painful.
Cheers,
Dave

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  3:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - It is coming up to 6:30 am here at the Museum. I have just brewed some fresh coffee and there is hot water for tea. I have some pancakes with jam and cream available too. Please join me.
Five weeks of my long service leave will be spent in the United States where I will be attending the 37th National Narrow Gauge Convention in Denver and travelling around visiting Chama for a few days to ride the Cumbres & Toltec, Durango for the Durango and Silverton then the east coast to take a trip on the Cass Scenic Railroad amongst other highlights. Hopefully I might meet up with some Forum members while at the Convention in Denver.
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  4:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Checking the lounge. Aches and pain but life is good, was watching Pete on you tube last night. Tubalcain is his handle. He is a retired shop teacher and has taken to you tube with some fascinating videos about machining part on mills and lathes. He's in his 70's and mentioned he wanted to get the project done before sleeping in the dirt bed.

Life is short and you just never know.

Still playing with the twin shays, I'm needing a couple of tiny globe valves in HO. I have some from Crow River and they stand out like a sore thumb. Much too large.

Have a great evening!

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  07:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and oatmeal, fruit, and juice are ready.

It's 34f and calling for some white stuff with temps to drop into the teens.

Phillip, I feel those aches and pains.

Jim, glad you stopped in don't be a stranger.

Mark

W,L,&E

Page: of 50 Previous Topic: BRIDGE BETWEEN THE MINES PART II/THE MINES Topic Next Topic: On30 Annual 2017 - Pre sale  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000