Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 10 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 61 ]  [ Total: 71 ]  [ Newest Member: Bluegill ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The new name and layout. Topic Next Topic: Scenery
Page: of 66

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2017 :  11:02:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning! Thanks for the Coffee!

Many distraction currently in my world. Trying to land a new position, fed up with my current leadership and co-workers laziness. Interview tomorrow with Marriott corporate.

Just rebuilt my TBI and heater control on the Chevy work van, 2 day job. Other stuff is mounding up so no modeling...no plywood..nuthin!

Glad to here Mrs. Geezer likes the tributes. Hopefully more folks will post here so don't case the colors yet Mark! Thanks for attending to the lounge!

Philip

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/25/2017 :  2:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philip, good luck with the interview! Change is necessary but rarely fun. My missus had a tooth extracted yesterday so it was a quiet night being caretaker for her. Maybe tonight will see some progress!Have a good day all!
Cheers,

dave

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 01/25/2017 :  6:40:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been a while since I have checked in. Over the past several months I have noticed a real shortness of breath After much testing I was told I have severe emphysema. Oddly, this was great news to me as I was sure it was lung cancer. Way to many smokes, quit 25 years ago, and 30 years of dust from working construction. At least model building is not heavy work so life goes on.

Roland

CieloVistaRy
Fireman

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  06:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Send CieloVistaRy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Roland, that is good to know. Please take good care of yourself.

Sorry I have been the world's worst lurker. I check in from time to time to see what everyone is up to. Hope all is well with all of you.

Arthur

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40645

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  07:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, Tim Hortons on and the fire stoked with oatmeal on the stove.

Arthur and Roland glad to hear from you both, Roland hope you get to feeling better.

Off to the doctors this morning, then see what I can get into later.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Bill Uffelman
Fireman

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  08:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I generally stop by every day but life here has been kind of humdrum lately. High winds and heavy rains first part of the week, 59* and sun yesterday (wife trimmed the rose bushes) and back to rain today with 40* for the weekend. Real estate is slow at the moment -- most people don't want to shop for beach houses when it is cold and raining. I am ready to start layout construction but may just build some of my WW&F kit collection so that I can stay mobile to help with some family issues.

Keep your powder dry.

Bill Uffelman
Ocean View DE

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  2:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, thanks for putting coffee on. Decided to take the leap and booked train tickets to Portland for the train show. My wife has always talked about checking out Portland so this seemed like a good idea until she had her tooth yanked! Soft food for two weeks - so much for enjoying the gastronomic experience of Portland. Poor thing, she is not a happy camper.
Have a good day, all!
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I'm so happy to see so many old friends post again. Philip, good luck! Roland take care of yourself.

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/26/2017 :  9:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening all, Philip, the best of luck with the job search. Roland, I have some C.O.P.D. due to cigarettes and working as an industrial spray painter, sand blaster and welder. I find that Advair works to keep it manageable, but the only time I run now is when someone yells"Free Beer"; "Free Food" , or "FIRE". I've been busy tearing out the plaster and lath in two of the upstairs rooms for remodeling purposes, which will help us to sell the house this summer. As long as we are in this place there isn't much hope for having a decent train layout, there isn't much of a basement, etc. Because of the work going on, much of my modelling stuff is packed away, but I've left a few kits out to keep me sane. Cold ones in the fridge. take care.

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  01:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roland, I smoked many years 25 or so and have been lucky...as in still breathing. The summer has it's days with shortness of breath. I'm glad I quit..gain massive weight and just now starting to watch my health.

Arthur I have you beat, being 2nd in command lurker. Life sometimes gets in the way of that old train!

Glad to see some of the old crew taking time to say hello! It's in our blood obviously. My Dad worked for the Monon Louisville to Chicago and Mom worked at REA express until it went bankrupt. A marriage met to be I suppose. Dad was also part of the 725 ROB in England in WWII. How the devil I ended up doing On30 is beyond me!

The interview went well today just got home. Thanks!
Philip midnight crew!

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  06:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and the fire stoked we have eggs, home fries, ham, gravey, farmers bread, butter and jams ready.

It's good to have a fine turnout here yesterday.

It's 31f and calling for Rick's favorite four letter word here in WV.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/27/2017 :  11:30:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning!
Cold here also
Have a great day!

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 01/28/2017 :  11:19:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, coffee is on and the fire stoked.

It's a snowy 29f here in WV today.

Everyone must have slept in or just lurking, well have a good day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 01/28/2017 :  6:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All. Had a nice day today. A friend had visitors from VA and he called to ask if he could bring one of them over to see the layout. Even though there is not a lot to see, he spent over an hour asking questions and inspecting everything. Also took a trip to hobby shop for a few supplies. Didn't get to the bench but I will tomorrow.

Roland

Curator49
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  4:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone - I see the Lounge is very, very quiet today so I thought I had better contribute to liven up the place just a tad. It is 6:30 am Monday here at the Museum in Ipswich, Queensland. I have just brewed some fresh coffee. There is also hot water for those who prefer tea. I even have the choice of Green Tea (a new variety from Lipton that does not have a bitter taste). Please join me.
I have exactly 113 working days to go until I retire so this does not include weekends or proposed holidays. I have a week off next week where I plan ("The best laid plans of mice and men" ) to start cleaning up the Train Shed so as to get back into some meaningful work on our On30 layout. I still have a garage full (150 large moving cartons to be exact) of books from my friend's deceased estate to be sorted and disposed of which will probably be a priority so that Raymond's Star Wars Lego limited edition models can be put onto a series of planned shelving units in the garage. This will clean out the Train Shed so we have room to move.
The books are mainly prototype rail from around the world including the USA, Canada, Mexico, South America, UK, Europe, South Africa and Australia. I found one four volume set of books in excellent condition "Cape to Cairo Railway" published in 1928 which apparently sells for up to Aus$4,000
Best Regards
David Mewes
Curator
The Workshops Rail Museum

Page: of 66 Previous Topic: The new name and layout. Topic Next Topic: Scenery  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000