Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 103 ]  [ Total: 104 ]  [ Newest Member: bogeycat99 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's lounge - Volume 23
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Along Fever Creek Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout
Page: of 69

teaspoon
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/21/2016 :  11:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening all, Thanks for the Pizza and pop Fred. Larry, I'll join in a drink to old friends. I was able to get some more work done on my Kee's Chinese Laundry build while watching "Oliver" on the telly last night. Tonight the missus and I celebrated twenty one years of marriage, and I spent some time with my youngest daughter out braving the crowds to do some shopping. I've been giving some thought to what to build for the POBO challenge, I have a few ideas rattling around my empty head, nothing quite concrete yet. I'm having knee replacement surgery in Mid January, so I'll need something to keep me busy while recovering. I have a kit that I bought from da Geezer a few years ago, maybe I'll give that a go. I left some Cookies and Eggnog on the counter for the night shift, and for those of you who are tired of Christmas Music, give this a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YDAB1wSVtI

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  09:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, Tim Hortins is in the pot and coal on the fire.

The omlet station is set up and ham steaks in the warmer, farmers bread toast with butter and jams to go with everything.

I may get to the bench today if the caeds fall right.

Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  10:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning! Coffee for now Mark, Thanks!

Happy 21st Mr. & Mrs. Teaspoon!

Larry so thoughtful. I'm sure they will appreciate that present.

The new challenge should be interesting but I still (I'm in BTW)) have the Geezer memorial project going.

Fred, looking forward in your participation once your settled in to your new home.

David, How short are the days? Be careful cutting plywood in the dark?

David Mewes...Always wanted a sugar cane railroad, NG of course! Thanks for the cool photo!
Milder today, everyone have a blessed day!

Philip

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  4:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
I have a couple things here for everyone to enjoy. Italian beef from Chicago and onion rolls for it to go on. Plus four bags of Jay's regular chips. I see we still have some soda left from last night so that should go well with what we have.
Also I changed Como's litterbox and found a pair of very aged socks. I threw them into the sink to give them a quick rinse. However they seemed to disentegrate.
We are going to try to do some recalling tonight. Gotta clean off my table first by finishing off some coal loads on the tenders of my moguls.
Anyway, everyone have a great night.
Fred
Superintendent OCS

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  4:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.S. Happy Anniversary Teaspoon to you and your better half. Let's hope for many more to come.!
Fred

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  4:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philip - the sun rises at around 8:00 and sets at 4:15. Our igloos have electricity so no worries about working in the dark!
Beef, onion buns and chips - thanks Fred!
Have a good day all.
Cheers,
Dave

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  6:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the snack Fred, It was nice speaking to you last night.

Steve, congrats on 21 years. Me and the Misses hit 25 this year.

Dave, got any Nanimo bars?

I put out a bottle of red.

David Clark
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/22/2016 :  7:58:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dave, got any Nanimo bars?

I'll bring some tomorrow (if my daughter doesn't eat them all)!
Cheers,
Dave

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning:
Thought I would stop by early and layout some breakfast for everyone. We have French toast and eggs. Maple syrup and whipped cream. Bacon or sausage and both hot chocolate and coffee. The eggs are scrambled and loaded with cheddar and jalapeños ala geezer. So everyone enjoy.
Fred
Superintendent OCS

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  08:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning:
Thought I would stop by early and layout some breakfast for everyone. We have French toast and eggs. Maple syrup and whipped cream. Bacon or sausage and both hot chocolate and coffee. The eggs are scrambled and loaded with cheddar and jalapeños ala geezer. So everyone enjoy.
Fred
Superintendent OCS

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  09:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All, thanks for the coffee and breakfast Fred.

Off for my treatment today so no modeling going on here.
Everyone have a great day.

Mark

W,L,&E

Oldbear70
New Hire

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  10:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning:
Fred
Superintendent OCS

Kebler Pass Route
Sue is the COO/CFO

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  10:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being it's Friday I thought I'd catch up here. Some good food from Fred there.
I do miss Geezer and his chatter. He touched many lives.
Sun is out but not warming up much. Guess Christmas will be here and gone before we know it.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Hopeless
Fireman

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  10:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all. I just thought I would stop by to prove I am still here. Things have been very quiet here, with very little modeling done. A friend sent me an email from Trainworld. They have the modern 4-4-0 on sale for $60, so I bought myself a Christmas present. Another friend who winters in Fla sent me this photo from a golf cart parade proving there is always room for a layout somewhere.

I am working on a Stoney Creek reefer car but at this point only have the frame finished.

Roland

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/23/2016 :  11:23:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning!

Wasa cracker for me. The diet police woman just showed up with breakfast informing me I went 200 calories over my maximum 1800 cals....ugh
One month ago I weighed 290 and now I'm 275, a far cry from 220 military days. I have been packing pounds on for years, so it's a priority to thin down.

Hitting the shingling job for a few and then off to work.

Have a great day!
Philip

Page: of 69 Previous Topic: Along Fever Creek Topic Next Topic: An Old Man Contemplates an Old Mans Layout  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000