Railroad Line Forums - Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 217 ]  [ Total: 218 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Thunder Mesa Mining Company Part II
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Crossing Tower Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 44

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/22/2015 :  09:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The TMMC has come a long way in the past couple of years and I sincerely thank everyone for their input, comments and advice. There's still so much more to do. Ready for part II? Let's go!

David Meek

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/22/2015 :  09:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to part I: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39429

David Meek

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/22/2015 :  09:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've enjoyed following along in Part I, so I know Part II will be great!

Mark

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/22/2015 :  7:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the progress on the O&F Saloon in Hanging Rock as of this afternoon.

David Meek

MinerFortyNiner
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/22/2015 :  10:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit MinerFortyNiner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Taking a front row seat...this should be good...

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  08:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just want you to know that you have really changed my approach to the hobby after more than 60 years of model building.

I truly love the way you draw and color your track plans.

Works of art in and of themselves.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com

You can follow my blog here:

http://ghosttownmodels.blogspot.com/

BBLmber
Fireman

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  10:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, your saloon is really shaping up.

Mark

W,L,&E

Coaltrain
Fireman

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  11:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll second Darryl, your track plans are exactly how I think plans should be drawn. Over the years the model magazines would change the way they would draw plans, and about the mid 80s they drew them like you do, which I feel were the best look. I would remember spending hours just looking at the plans and envisioning how it would be in an actual model. To me the current computer generated plans are stale looking. your plans have the perfect combination of hand drawn and colored and computer drawn and colored.

Reg Barron
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  5:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

I had never noticed the natural bridge before on your track plan. It is another nice touch! Was it inspired by the natural bridge on the Fiddletown and Copperopolis Railway?

Thanks,

Reg Barron

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  8:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reg Barron

Dave,

I had never noticed the natural bridge before on your track plan. It is another nice touch! Was it inspired by the natural bridge on the Fiddletown and Copperopolis Railway?

Thanks,

Reg Barron

Thanks! Yes, the natural bridge was inspired by Falberg more or less. It's something I've always wanted to include on a layout since I just love the preposterous whimsy of it.

David Meek

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  10:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on the 1st 100 pages. I've followed from the start. I enjoy every one of your posts and have great admiration for you modeling and creativity.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2015 :  07:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your track plans are really awesome and the layout ain't shabby either Dave!

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/24/2015 :  7:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, gents!

I was able to scratch out a little time to work on the O&F Saloon today and managed to finish up the lean-to addition.

If I have time tomorrow I'll finish the fancy trim on the upper facade. Then it's just the roof and a few details and this one is will be ready for the layout.

David Meek

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  10:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad to see San Lorenzo firmly planter on your track plan.
Now as for the saloon, don't think I've ever heard of one that also sells guns & powder.
Nice looking saloon though.

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  10:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's the only business in town ;-)

David Meek

Arizona Dave
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/25/2015 :  8:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Arizona Dave's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And the saga of Olson & Furlow's continues. Today I finished the trim and cornice on the upper fašade.

David Meek

Page: of 44 Previous Topic: Crossing Tower Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000