Railroad Line Forums - Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 91 ]  [ Newest Member: red dog ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: The Coos Bay and Willamette  Valley Part two Topic Next Topic: Promised Update...
Page: of 85

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  08:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, if you had a little PORTER working your COAL shed I'd say it's De-lovely!!

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  6:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Bill. It took enough time that I would sometimes think: ”Gersh. Win will I ever finish? Let’s call the whole thing off.”

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  8:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
About halfway to securing the chutes, I’ve started planning the small layout addition to accommodate my new industry. I want to determine the angle of the track and the shed relative to current benchwork, as well as plan the topography. I cut a piece of heavy cardboard to cantilever off the layout to draw track and shed layout and planned landforms.

I purchased 1/2” lumber this week to use as a framework for what will become a diorama of sorts.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  9:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike!

That structure will require another trestle, correct? The chutes... are those for wagon loading or rail car?

I think I see an MDC OT locomotive in the background!

Andre

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  9:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OK Hogger

That structure will require another trestle, correct? The chutes... are those for wagon loading or rail car?

I think I see an MDC OT locomotive in the background!

Andre,

Probably no trestle. The extension will be like a shelf and the coal shed base will sit a couple of inches below the main layout level. It will serve customers in wagons.

The locomotive is the Athearn version of the MDC kit model.

Mike

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  11:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I get it now! Sitting below mainline level will make for some neat visual interest!

Understood on the Athearn/MDC. I tend to forget that Athearn now owns MDC/Roundhouse.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard ANY news about the upcoming DCC/Sound Athearn/Roundhouse OT 2-8-0's? Originally supposed to be on the shelves by now, as I recall. I note they are now pushed back to arrive this December?

Andre

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/21/2019 :  11:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Andre,

My layout is all one level so indeed there will be a little visual interest added.

I’ve not heard anything regarding availability of new locos.

Mike

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  09:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Shoot, that's one nice shed-chute.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  10:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

Shoot, that's one nice shed-chute.

Thank you, Frank. Just trying to hit the target.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  9:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today I built the framework for the new scene:

Mike

OK Hogger
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  10:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ought to be fun to watch this shape up!

Andre

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/22/2019 :  11:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OK Hogger

Ought to be fun to watch this shape up!

Thank you. I aim to please.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 06/23/2019 :  12:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is going to look so good.

It's only make-believe

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/23/2019 :  12:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Bob.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2019 :  08:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coal shed and track placed temporarily:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: The Coos Bay and Willamette  Valley Part two Topic Next Topic: Promised Update...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000