Railroad Line Forums - Tracks to Lakeport (NH) convention 10/17-20
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 125 ]  [ Newest Member: espedd50 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Rail Events
 Tracks to Lakeport (NH) convention 10/17-20
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Train Swap Meet, Chehalis WA, 12-13 Oct Topic Next Topic: Garden State Division Fall Meet  

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  10:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This year's Northeast Region NMRA convention is actually in Laconia, NH, but Lake Winnipesaukee figures in several of the trips. Details & mail-in registration form at:

http://www.seacoastnmra.org/Convention/Lakeport2013/Welcome.html

Forum members Pete Magoun and I will be among the clinicians. If you aren't an NMRA member, a 6-month membership is $10 with registration.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  10:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This promises to be a really good convention, and I'm looking forward to it. Lots to do, a good clinic list, some great layouts, excellent prototype tour offerings and a delightful venue.

Pete
in Michigan

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  11:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I should add that many of the clinics focus on operations and equipment, but my "don't miss" sessions will be Dwight Smith's: "Shortlines of NH 1950s-1960s" and "Where the Heck are Those Freight Cars Going". Dwight worked in the B&M's traffic dept. before being a founder of the Conway Scenic and there aren't a lot of people with his experience and perspective.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  11:31:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbvb

I should add that many of the clinics focus on operations and equipment, but my "don't miss" sessions will be Dwight Smith's: "Shortlines of NH 1950s-1960s" and "Where the Heck are Those Freight Cars Going". Dwight worked in the B&M's traffic dept. before being a founder of the Conway Scenic and there aren't a lot of people with his experience and perspective.

He's also a really nice guy.

Don't Miss!

Pete
in Michigan

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2013 :  12:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie and I will be there!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

EM-1
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  12:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit EM-1's Homepage  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Whats the dates for this? AND the actual address in Laconia?

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  08:30:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John,

Here is the info: http://www.seacoastnmra.org/Convention/Lakeport2013/Welcome.html

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  11:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce,

You're going to the MER and NER conventions? Back-to-back!

Chuck

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  11:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

Bruce,

You're going to the MER and NER conventions? Back-to-back!

Chuck

Yup. It wasn't even a hard sell to Bonnie. Isn't she an ?

Bruce

modorney
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/02/2013 :  10:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sure looks like an awesome convention!

A perfect time of the year for autumn leaves - depending on the temperature, water and sunlight, you may have to drive down into Connecticut to see the best leaves,
along with a few museums :
http://voices.yahoo.com/connecticut-railroad-museum-train-rides-6753112.html
http://www.ct-trolley.org/

cheers,
Mike O

Euro-style modeling on a 2 by 5 foot module.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  06:50:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Yup. It wasn't even a hard sell to Bonnie. Isn't she an ?

She certainly is!

Chuck

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/04/2013 :  09:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Due to an illness, I'll also be presenting slides on the B&M and Northern New England taken 1978 - 1983. And I have also been asked to have my B&M Eastern Route HO standard gauge attic layout open for visitors on Thursday Oct. 17 from 1-4 PM, and Sunday Oct. 20 from 10 AM to 4 PM.

Previous Topic: Train Swap Meet, Chehalis WA, 12-13 Oct Topic Next Topic: Garden State Division Fall Meet  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000