Railroad Line Forums - HTRR - Chapter 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 10 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 103 ]  [ Total: 113 ]  [ Newest Member: Dan ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Model Railroad Construction
 HTRR - Chapter 2
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Chuck Diljaks Wyoming Valley Railroad Topic Next Topic: Continuing Adventures on the B&SGE
Page: of 34

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  11:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great to see more progress on the layout as far as trackwork, scenery and operations are concerned, Rick. Love the use of helper service and looking at long unit trains of coal cars climbing the grade. Awesome job all around!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Red P
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  08:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Red P a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great, looks like a fun session.
P

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eightnotch/

pcmatt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  2:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Rick, looks great and I'm sure you're happy with the results thus far. Looking forward to seeing you bring it to life as you start futzing with the scenery and buildings.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26375

BN_Fan
Section Hand

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  7:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work Rick, oops I mean Steam. Glad to see the mojo is working.

Steam Nut
Fireman

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  9:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Helpers, Not a problem, Now if I could only get guys to run live loads!!!!!! That would be fun!

lv4142003
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  11:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bite your tongue!

sjconrail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  1:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit sjconrail's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steam Nut

Helpers, Not a problem, Now if I could only get guys to run live loads!!!!!! That would be fun!

I don't know if Rick wants us running around his layout with molten iron though,

Phil

- Phil
Conrail's Delmarva Secondary in N Scale

keystonefarm
Section Hand

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  1:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to see the branch in service !! Helpers are fun to operate. Last session at my rr Steam Nut had to get helpers out of Tyrone to get up the Bald Eagle br. Someone in Altoona did not put sufficient power on the train !! --- Ken

Edited by - keystonefarm on 08/19/2015 1:20:18 PM

Twist67
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/25/2015 :  11:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Twist67's Homepage  Send Twist67 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,
nice to see a train running on the branch. Cna´t wait to see more progress on this great Layout.

regards,chris

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/25/2015 :  11:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't been to the Harsco facilities since that night, and Rick has been rather quiet, but knowing Rick he is quietly futzing and bringing the new town of Linglestown to life, slowly but surely. Hopefully we can inspire him to post some updates. <hint, hint, hint>

Mark

Jim Talbott
New Hire

Posted - 08/26/2015 :  2:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings ... I have been "surfing" this forum since seeing Rick's article in the OP SIG publication, July 2013. All of you have presented such great information and I want to say thanks. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute in the near future. Presently modeling the Wheeling and Lake Erie, circa 2007. This includes Wheeling-Pitt Steel ... hence my interest in this forum. Keep up the terrific work Rick and crew! Mucho thanks for letting me "peek" in!

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/26/2015 :  9:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim,

welcome. Really interested in seeing more your W&LE layout. Hope you start its own thread

This has been a great thread, the group of guys modeling out in NJ are amazing! Cant wait for photos of the next ops session.

"the sleep of a laboring man is sweet"

Harsco
Fireman

Posted - 08/26/2015 :  10:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, and welcome to the thread Jim.

As Mark alluded and posted earlier, there's finally been some appreciable progress made on the mythical Linglestown branch after three plus years of fiddling and fussing with track plans, engineering, and operational considerations. Unfortunately, it's also summer AND with an upcoming MER convention in October, not a lot of time to futz much. I finally installed the fascia the other day and am now contemplating ways and means for putting up a backdrop (vowing THIS time to work from the back to the front). Here's a few additional pics without a great deal of changes:

First a overall view:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_2805_zps0mec1bon.jpg.html][/URL]

And a small grade crossing/business section I'm futzing with:

[URL=http://s229.photobucket.com/user/RBickmore/media/IMG_2806_zps5iswh8tv.jpg.html][/URL]

More when there's something to report....

Edited by - Harsco on 08/26/2015 10:24:39 PM

BessemerBob
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/30/2015 :  6:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good! Progress at any pace is just that... The factory really looks great!

"the sleep of a laboring man is sweet"

BN_Fan
Section Hand

Posted - 08/30/2015 :  7:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job Rick. Feeling the pressure for the convention? Maybe it is good it is not finished so people can see how things morph on the HTRR.

Page: of 34 Previous Topic: Chuck Diljaks Wyoming Valley Railroad Topic Next Topic: Continuing Adventures on the B&SGE  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000