Railroad Line Forums - The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: csrr70 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday Topic Next Topic: Wednesday 3.15.15 later lounge
Page: of 43

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  12:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reverse Graffiti - His Street Art Is Beautiful, But Then You Realize How It's Made... - http://www.upworthy.com/his-street-art-is-beautiful-but-then-you-realize-how-its-made?c=upw1

As you think, so will you be.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  1:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you work in a big company, or in the IT business, this will really resonate. (And both the music and the drawing are really good, too.)

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/07/21/weird-al-yankovic-wraps-8-days-of-videos-with-mission-statement-exclusive/

dave

Stoker
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  2:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the Weird Al fix. I drifted on to the Word Crimes video, that one was great.

“I hate these word crimes / like I could care less / that means you do care / at least a little.”

Pretty funny stuff. There is a guy posting a lot recently on MRF that has the worst typing and grammar I have ever seen. He is born and raised in the USA, too, so it isn't an issue with English not being his native language. I have considered mentioning that perhaps he should at least use spell check on his posts, but I suspect that no matter how I try to give such a "suggestion" that I will come off sounding a bit flippant so I have said nothing. We all make typos and such (my typo rate has gone up since switching to a mechanical keyboard, for instance), but when taken to the extreme like that it really gets in the way of communicating ones point.

Here is a little zinger I heard the other day (Delivered in the style of Rodney Dangerfield)

"I went to the bank the other day and asked the banker to check my balance, so she pushed me!" "I get No Respect, No Respect at all I tell ya!"

Amongst the Sagauros

Edited by - Stoker on 07/22/2014 3:27:31 PM

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  5:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For at least one friend on some of these forums, bad spelling/grammar is now deliberate, part of his "style"

dave

Stoker
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  6:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this particular forum poster definitely has a unique style.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?35274-gondola-with-a-framing-to-care-copleted-railpanals

This is not a simple case of typos, but , rather, incorrect spelling and improper usage of words on a grand scale. The title of that thread is just the tip of a grammatical iceberg that could sink the Nimitz! My intent is not to insult this fellow. I think some of his posts actually qualify as humor, so that fits the context of this particular thread.

Edit to add: I think the title of that thread is supposed to be about a gondola with A frames to carry completed rail panels. I really don't want to insult him, but his posts are darned near unintelligible.

Amongst the Sagauros

Edited by - Stoker on 07/22/2014 6:17:31 PM

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  6:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the type of thread I wouldn't even reply to. He is so poor in his use of the language I wonder if he could actually read or understand proper English.
Won't waste my time

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Stoker
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  7:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a bit of humor.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/681646762/building-the-gandb-ho-scale-model-railroad

The video featuring a steamer with diesel sound completes the whole spiel quite nicely. Shocking that he hasn't picked up any backers yet. Especially when you get a special video for donations, errr, investments of over $50....

Amongst the Sagauros

Edited by - Stoker on 07/22/2014 7:04:51 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  7:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This reminds me of individuals That I had the pleasure of working with over the years.
Many people write exactly as they speak.
They also, spell their words exactly like they say them and sound. I think that's what's going on here. He most likely doesen't realize it......

quote:
Originally posted by Stoker

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?35274-gondola-with-a-framing-to-care-copleted-railpanals

This is not a simple case of typos, but , rather, incorrect spelling and improper usage of words on a grand scale. The title of that thread is just the tip of a grammatical iceberg that could sink the Nimitz! My intent is not to insult this fellow. I think some of his posts actually qualify as humor, so that fits the context of this particular thread.

Edit to add: I think the title of that thread is supposed to be about a gondola with A frames to carry completed rail panels. I really don't want to insult him, but his posts are darned near unintelligible.

Ted

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2014 :  4:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was originally posted by Stoker:

This is not a simple case of typos, but , rather, incorrect spelling and improper usage of words on a grand scale.

Makes a lot of sense to me! I had no problems reading his posts, sounds like trying to talk to my "In-Laws"! LOL

Rich

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/23/2014 :  6:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A guy calls home to his wife on a Thursday and says, "Honey, I’ve been asked to fly to Canada with my boss for fishing. We'll be gone for a long weekend, and we'll be staying at a lodge near a river. This is a good opportunity for me to get that promotion, so could you please pack enough clothes for a 3-day weekend?
“And also would you get out my rod and my tackle box from the attic? We're leaving at 4:30 pm from the office, and I'll swing by the house to pick up my things. Oh, and please pack my new blue silk pajamas and robe. I love you!”
#8232;#8232;The wife thinks this sounds a bit dicey, but, being the good wife, she does exactly what her husband asked; and following the long weekend he comes home a little tired, but, otherwise, looking good. The wife welcomes him home and asks if he caught many fish? #8232;#8232;
He answers, “Yes, lots of walleyes, some bass, and a few pike -- but why didn't you pack my silk pajamas and robe like I asked you?”#8232;#8232;
The wife replies: "I did, honey -- they're in your tackle box…”

As you think, so will you be.

snarlman
Fireman

Posted - 07/23/2014 :  10:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Send snarlman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
THIS HAS BEEN AROUND BEFORE BUT IT IS STILL
WORTH READING AGAIN.

Nice story - the elderly are beautiful.!!

When we get older we think differently, don't we? This letter was sent to the Principal's office after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly. An elderly lady received a new radio at the lunch as a door prize and was writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all humankind .........especially if you are familiar with the Elderly. Forward to anyone you know who might need a lift today.

Dear Kean Elementary,

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Springer Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady. My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio, but before I received one, she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful and she was in tears. Her distress over the broken radio touched me and I knew this was God's way of answering my prayers: She asked if she could listen to mine. I told her to kiss my ass!

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,

Agnes

~Jeff

Stoker
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/23/2014 :  11:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved the fishing story joke Rick.

Jeff, I think that story is simply crass and I do not see any humor in it.

Amongst the Sagauros

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  12:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An atheist was walking through the woods.

'What majestic trees!'
'What powerful rivers!'
'What beautiful animals!'
He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him.

He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw that the bear was closing in on him.
He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer.

He tripped & fell on the ground.

He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant moment, the Atheist cried out:
'Oh my God!'

Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky and said 'You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and even credit creation to cosmic accident. And now, at this critical point in time, you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?'

The atheist looked directly into the light, and said: 'It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could make the BEAR a Christian?'

'Very well', said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. The bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke:

'Lord bless this food, which I am about to receive from Thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen.'

Mark

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  10:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good stuff.
Jeff, that Agnes is one smart cookie

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Dennis R
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  1:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More elderly humor!!

Dan walks into the den to watch tv with his wife, Mary. Before he has a chance to sit down she says - honey, could you please get me a dish of ice cream? He says sure. Mary says don't forget what your doctor said, write it down so you won't forget. Dan replies, it's only a dish of ice cream, I will remember that.

Oh, Mary says, would you please put some strawberries on it? OK, I will put some strawberries on it. Don't forget to write it down Mary says. He says, it is only ice cream and strawberries, I can remember that.

Mary then says, you might as well add some whipped cream. OK, ice cream, strawberries and whipped cream - got it. Write it down she yells as he leaves the room

Ten minutes later Dan comes back into the den and puts a plate of bacon and eggs on Mary's lap. She looks up shaking her head and says - see - you didn't write it down - YOU FORGOT THE TOAST!!!

Dennis

Edited by - Dennis R on 07/24/2014 1:09:03 PM

Page: of 43 Previous Topic: Thursday Topic Next Topic: Wednesday 3.15.15 later lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-14 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000