Railroad Line Forums - The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 56 ]  [ Total: 57 ]  [ Newest Member: schantze ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Early Rail Forum
 The Coos Bay and Willamette Valley
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR
Page: of 93

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  12:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thank You, Håkan & Chris, I just reviewed the tread myself the other day as I contemplate which colors to use on my next project; that little station at Beaver Jct., the mock up that you see in the background.

It's only make-believe

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2014 :  01:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An update on my little barn for my little house on the slough;

glue is still a little wet....

It's only make-believe

jerryrbeach
New Hire

Posted - 11/15/2014 :  10:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,
I really like the photo of the barn you posted. IMO it has "character", just enough different from a plain barn to stand out without looking out of place. Your model is looking great so far, I'll be watching your progress!

Jerry Beach

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2014 :  6:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Jerry!

I finished my barn;

and on the layout;

and a little closer;

It's only make-believe

Edited by - railman28 on 11/20/2014 6:28:12 PM

masonamerican
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2014 :  7:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that barn sure looks good with lots of character!

I saw the new movie The Homesman the other day and apart that it was a interesting movie it had some great scenes with a lonely hotell on the prairie and a prospering village. The buildings paint schemes looked very realistic and from the period. Made me think of your buildings Bob.

Håkan

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2014 :  10:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your barn looks suitably decrepit. I like that you were able to get consistent color between the wood siding and the windows, which I assume are styrene castings.
Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/21/2014 :  8:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, The barn fits right in on your layout. Some nice buildings you have there.........

Ted

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2014 :  11:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you guys,

Håkan; I'm not familiar with that film but if it's not a Sergio Leone movie that could be a good thing. Hollywood often got it right after costuming the main caricatures.
Edit; I just watched the movie's trailer. They did a good job. Even got the windows right. so Thank you very much!

Mike; the windows are styrene, Campbell (de-eared) and Ticky. I just primed them in grey and used the same craft colors that I used on the siding.

Ted ; I saw your comments in both treads, Again thank you.

It's only make-believe

Edited by - railman28 on 11/22/2014 11:55:09 AM

Carrie Creek
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2014 :  11:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, that is a different looking barn. Looks like someone converted a store, because of the false front and windows, into a barn. Don't get me wrong as I like it.

Phil Z
POR (press on regardless)

jerryrbeach
New Hire

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  1:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,
I took a few minutes and read thru the entire thread. I hadn't realized that the mill was actually an adaptation of a Campbell waterfront kit. It screams grist mill at me so loudly I would have sworn you scratch built it from a prototype photo. This scene with the mill, barn, and that beautiful house look great together. I cannot wait until this scene is finished.

Jerry Beach

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  12:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sharing the corner with Miller's Slough is Beaver Jct. Today The Junction cot her station building.

and in location;

It's only make-believe

Carrie Creek
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  12:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice little station fits right in with the rest.

Phil Z
POR (press on regardless)

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/14/2015 :  12:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Phil.

Here's the structure, purpose and location yet to be determined that I built with the parts that were suppose to be used to build the freight house of the station;

I don't if I like the roof finish yet. I think my dry brush was yet a little wet. Here is the station's "Comfort" station that will actually be located about 100 feet down the hill in Miller's slough behind the Community/school/church building;

Next will be a small but upscale cottage for the slough using some left over pieces from the station and my other scrap boxes.

It's only make-believe

Edited by - railman28 on 01/14/2015 1:23:38 PM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/14/2015 :  5:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
'Comfort' station has the look of needing a new roof soon. In fact the whole structure looks pretty sad!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Martin Welberg
Fireman

Posted - 01/14/2015 :  7:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martin Welberg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow Bob, youre speeding up, nice stuff !!

Page: of 93 Topic Next Topic: Projects in Progress on the Southern Central RR  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000