Railroad Line Forums - Out of the salvage yard.....
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: longknifeldr ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Rolling Stock: the Car Shops
 Out of the salvage yard.....
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Rapido Passenger car restoration
Page: of 35

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 06/02/2019 :  1:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys!

On the next one in the queue.

Nice body shell; loose cupola and hole in roof where it sits, and a floor...that seems a wee bit short in the body, but reasonably something to work with - no end sills/railings, no underbody, some details to address all about, but should be straightforward.

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 06/16/2019 :  11:33:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a bit done on the floor, Had some decent etched brass steps about that were looking to be put into use, and so they were here.

To act in the world is the only way to understand it. In this life it is given only to God and his angels and poets to be lookers-on.

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2019 :  08:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Splashed some paint on and glazed the windows and doors.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/25/2019 :  10:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good, Martin. Those are interesting grab irons around the end windows.

George

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 06/25/2019 :  11:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Looking good, Martin.

Thanks!

quote:
Those are interesting grab irons around the end windows.

I agree, so I left them in place. Beats patching holes,

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 06/30/2019 :  10:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fast forward to done, or at least as far as this one is going other than in its box to travel to Strasburg in August in search of a new home

On to the next in the queue.....

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 06/30/2019 :  10:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well done, Martin. This one has a lot of style. There’s something about its proportions that I really like.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

ocalicreek
Crew Chief

Posted - 06/30/2019 :  4:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like the juxtaposition between the curved elements like the end rails and ladder tops with the straight, squared elements like the boxed-in sliding window frames and sides. The matching roof and cupola curves stand out well against the boxy nature of the body. Classic lines.

Terrific work, as usual!

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 07/01/2019 :  1:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys!

This was a good one to grind through and now that it's done, on to the next one in the stack. There are at least 2 left in this storage tray and then it's on to the next tray, and something other than cabooses for a few months!

Although, I know in the other set of shelves that there are 3 brass caboose in need of attention...

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 07/07/2019 :  10:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next up out of the caboose tray of project boxes: needs finishing and all the details...looks like this might be an old Train Craft kit - pretty thick plywood scribed with Lobaugh trucks that as it turns out are mounted to a bit of brass inside the car body. Turns out that the entire roof in removable. Will make glazing windows far easier. May leave that roof removable - interior, maybe or not or next owner...

[

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 07/14/2019 :  11:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting it fitted out now...

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 07/21/2019 :  09:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Splashed a bit of paint on it all...

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 07/21/2019 :  10:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good looking caboose, Martin. Did you solder those steps?

George

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 07/21/2019 :  12:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Good looking caboose, Martin. Did you solder those steps?

Not on this one, but the previous caboose, yes.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 07/21/2019 :  7:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another winner in the making.

Perhaps you could enlighten me on the purpose of the small window. Access to a lantern?

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Page: of 35 Topic Next Topic: Rapido Passenger car restoration  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000